PDA

View Full Version : Component speaker question??

KAILUAZ
09-22-2006, 04:32 PM
I have two sets of CDT 6-1/2" components with crossovers and separate tweeters. I should only run the front set of tweeters and set the rear speakers to a lower freq right? That way the rear speakers fill in the lower tones?
What do the experts think?
Thanks.......

CRUZTAKER
09-22-2006, 05:15 PM
I have two sets of CDT 6-1/2" components with crossovers and separate tweeters. I should only run the front set of tweeters and set the rear speakers to a lower freq right? That way the rear speakers fill in the lower tones?
What do the experts think?
Thanks.......

I'm confused. :dunno:

Typically component sets that you hint upon come as a mid/bass speaker and a small piezo tweeter. If the crossover actually came with the set, it will already be crossed internally and provide specific terminals for each acordingly.

If you are using miscellaneous pieces you have put together, and chosen to crossover a 6.5" midrange woofer as a tweeter (ie. 16k), I would say you are smoking fine ganj and need to share. I'll fix your speakers.:rasta:

KAILUAZ
09-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Right,,, the speakers can be set to low freq via the crossovers, the tweeters take care of the high tones. From what I can find the highs should come from the front of the car.
My question is should I leave out the tweeters in the rear (they are not attached to the speakers) and just run the speakers,,, I think that is the way to go.

KAILUAZ
09-23-2006, 06:44 AM
Here is my setup if it helps;
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL413/683028/12854544/189703753.jpg

RoyLPita
09-23-2006, 07:36 AM
6 1/2's are little wide for the holes that the factory 5x7/6x8's come in. You might have to opt for 5 1/4" and get the adaptors from Crutchfield.

CRUZTAKER
09-23-2006, 12:28 PM
I see.

You are correct in not using the tweeters in the rear.
However, it is my opinion that the 6.5's are a wee bit small for your main rear speakers. Perhaps the rear doors would be more appropriate, and 10" or larger for the rear.

Stevo!

How about some input here?

KillJoy
09-23-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm gonna bow out of this one. :D

However, components are made to compliment each other. If they come in a set, use them as such :D

I have a set of Pioneer 5x8 / 6x9 in the rear. I like them very much. Try and get in tought w/ Magindat (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=3548) here on the board. His is VERY helpful when it comes to this sort of thing ;)

KillJoy