PDA

View Full Version : Escargot, anyone?

Stock03
09-29-2006, 04:07 PM
We have a lot of little snails in our area. Hard to collect enough for a decent snack, but it helps when they volunteer. Several apparently wished to present themselves as ready-to-eat and camped out in my daughter's engine, thereby ensuring that they were appropriately cooked. Of course, had they been in the MM's engine, there would have been nothing left; vaporized for sure.

Easy recipe--garlic, butter, garlic, finely chopped onions, garlic, and garlic. Throw in some garlic and you're good to go.

Mikeenh
09-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Look at those S Car Go :lol:

Marauder2005
09-29-2006, 06:28 PM
We have a lot of little snails in our area. Hard to collect enough for a decent snack, but it helps when they volunteer. Several apparently wished to present themselves as ready-to-eat and camped out in my daughter's engine, thereby ensuring that they were appropriately cooked. Of course, had they been in the MM's engine, there would have been nothing left; vaporized for sure.

Easy recipe--garlic, butter, garlic, finely chopped onions, garlic, and garlic. Throw in some garlic and you're good to go.

LOL!!!!!!!! :lol:

CRUZTAKER
09-29-2006, 06:42 PM
:baaa:

The only thing that could make this better would be a 1024X768 image.:depress: :nerd:

Stock03
09-30-2006, 11:07 AM
I could only post thumbnails. My original jpegs are all over a megabyte. I couldn't see a way to post them.

the_pack_rat
09-30-2006, 11:12 AM
For the record ...

I would have went with some melted cheese sandwiches (http://www.gotwavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Jerk&quote=snails.txt&file=snails.mp3)myself.

Mikeenh
09-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I could only post thumbnails. My original jpegs are all over a megabyte. I couldn't see a way to post them.

Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Look for "image resizer"
After downloading you just have to right click your mouse on a picture. It will give you 3 sizes to choose. It makes that size as a copy. Small works great for email pics.

Stock03
10-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the link. I downloaded and installed it, but all I can find on my hard drive is the setup and install files. Where does it put the application? I can't find it and there's no desktop icon.

JamesHecker
10-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Looks like rats have been in the engine bay dining on them.

Bluerauder
10-01-2006, 05:25 PM
We have a lot of little snails in our area... and camped out in my daughter's engine.

How long has it been that someone popped the hood on her car. :rolleyes: Snails ... Escargot .... had 'em once. No Thanks !!! :shake:

MarauderMark
10-01-2006, 05:33 PM
How long has it been that someone popped the hood on her car. :rolleyes: Snails ... Escargot .... had 'em once. No Thanks !!! :shake:

Yeah my mom used to tell me to try everything once.well that ended after trying to eat one of them things:puke:

Haggis
10-03-2006, 05:18 AM

Yeah my mom used to tell me to try everything once.well that ended after trying to eat one of them things. :puke:

What's wrong with a little snail, taste like 'shrooms.:beer:

MarauderMark
10-03-2006, 06:40 AM

No it don't.:puke: :D

Bluerauder
10-03-2006, 07:25 AM
I don't eat Fungus either. :rofl: Actually, the "taste" of the snails wasn't bad - lots of garlic and butter and spices. I swallowed 3 of them by concentrating really hard ... don't chew ... don't chew ... don't chew ... just swallow. On the 4th one I broke concentration and bit down on one of the little suckers. :puke: That was my last one. Tastes great ... texture sucks. :rolleyes:

BruteForce
10-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the link. I downloaded and installed it, but all I can find on my hard drive is the setup and install files. Where does it put the application? I can't find it and there's no desktop icon.

Its a "shell extension" which means it isn't an application in the traditional sense that you would open from an icon but rather it will show up as an option on the fly-out menu when you RIGHT-click on an image file.

Stock03
10-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Ah, so. I see. Thanks BF. Useful little tool.
'Large' 1024s are still too big to upload, but 'Medium' 800s give me this size.