PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Ford Super Duty..... WOW!

Donny Carlson
09-29-2006, 05:24 PM
http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/flash/2008superduty/assets/extras/wallpaper/hero_800_600.jpg

Check out the interior!!!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/2008superduty/?bannerid=R_08SD_USA_060928

I can see the next Big Yellar!!

Man, they make a Harley F250 the 2008 model year, I'm trading!!

Marauder2005
09-29-2006, 06:26 PM
F350? Thats a Mack truck!

Big House
09-29-2006, 06:29 PM
The only vehicle I could ever see myself trading my Marauder in for.

CRUZTAKER
09-29-2006, 06:38 PM

That truck would be mighty handy in the DC area...

Relocating small dwellings.:D

sweetair
09-29-2006, 08:16 PM
that is a whole lotta steel there. Nice looking truck. Personally a little much for me.

Joe Walsh
09-29-2006, 08:23 PM
It's slated to get an all new 6.4L Turbo Diesel.

With the continous upward spiral of Diesel engine HP & TRQ ratings from the Big 3, expect this new FORD engine to be an absolute MONSTER!:banana2:

mr.continental
09-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Two words.....

Man Truck.

whoskal
09-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Very mean looking!!

Raudermaster
09-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow! Two stage turbo's! That thing's gotta cook for its size.

STLR FN
09-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Thinkin 'bout trading my F-150 in on this:http://images.cobaltgroup.com/4/0/8/279070804.jpg

6.0L Diesel Lariat w PTO provision. Has all the bells and whistles for 31K.

Bigdogjim
09-29-2006, 10:43 PM
I want to see the F-450!.......................... .........Yeah!

stryker
09-30-2006, 03:25 PM
:banana2: !Wooooowwww! I want a truck like that to crush in the road some *****ing sport compact cars In the road I hate like Bigfoots trucks do on the shows. !He he he he he heeeehh. :down:

STRYKER.:burnout:

cgm9999
09-30-2006, 05:14 PM
I've never been a truck guy, BUT...

I LOVE IT!

I sell Fords here in Manhattan, KS and can't wait until these beasts come in. I'm sorry, but if the new Super Duty doesn't ignite some primal man urge to rip a tree stump out of the ground, then you might want to get your testosterone levels checked. BTW, love that interior and the grill!

cgm9999
09-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh, I forgot, anyone check out that available tailgate step? That's such a great feature. I don't know why it took so long to come out with something like that, but it's about time. Chalk up another class dominating Ford truck!

jabird56
10-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Hopefully they get the bugs out of the diesel. Starting in JAN 07 they need to meet extreme emission standards on these motors. From what I'm currently hearing is that Dodge is the only one able to meet these specs right now.

They will be required to burn a different grade of fuel (low sulfur) which will cost more and the refineries are having a hard time producing this new fuel requirement (which means it may be are to fine for a while). These motors will also be required to use a new diesel standard for motor oil.

I just read an article in a Diesel type magazine where they are estimating a power and torque slump just like the gas motors in the early 70's.

They are supposedly being required also to have a computer on board to monitor ANY changes that a person may install that could/would screw up the emission standards, this will be a hit for the near future to after market vendors.

And oh by the way with the new emission standards and new fuel, these things will be getting less fuel ecomony, from what I've heard recently it could be as much as 7-10 percent.

This just isn't for pickup diesels but for ANY diesel engine made from commercial trucks, farm or commercial tractors, to marine engines.

Hopefully, things will be fixed and back in shape when I trade my SuperDuty in for a new one (in about 4 years). As we get ready to retire and become NOMADS with a fifth wheel camper.... :beer:

MikesMerc
10-02-2006, 06:37 PM
They will be required to burn a different grade of fuel (low sulfur) which will cost more and the refineries are having a hard time producing this new fuel requirement (which means it may be are to fine for a while). These motors will also be required to use a new diesel standard for motor oil.

I just read an article in a Diesel type magazine where they are estimating a power and torque slump just like the gas motors in the early 70's.

And oh by the way with the new emission standards and new fuel, these things will be getting less fuel ecomony, from what I've heard recently it could be as much as 7-10 percent.

This just isn't for pickup diesels but for ANY diesel engine made from commercial trucks, farm or commercial tractors, to marine engines.

What you are reading is all the propaganda the commercial vehicle dealers have been pushing to bolster sales of 06 diesel motored vehicles.

Yes, the low sulfur will be little hard to find. And it will be a few cents per gallon more expensive. MPG does drop...but in the 5-6% range. Another drawback not mentioned is that these motors will be more expensive to purchase, maintain, and repair.

That all said, its not as bad as you make it out to be. We already have several 07 diesel motored testbed tractors (trucks) in our fleet. The low sulfur diesel production has ramped pretty fast (according to OPIS) and the MPG hit hasn't been nearly as bad. This has been consistent accross the board with deisel engines from IT&E, CAT, and Deroit Deisel. In fact, power output is UP, not down.

alarmguy
10-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Two words.....

Man Truck.

I love Fords, but the International Harvesters are interesting.

Haggis
10-03-2006, 05:29 AM

That truck would be mighty handy in the DC area...

Relocating small dwellings.
Barry, I guess you haven't met House yet.

Eric91Z
10-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Then again, I wouldn't mind one of these (if I won the lottery and had the boat I wanted that would require this to pull it):

http://www.f650pickups.com/

Actually, might have to do the SUV version:

http://www.f650pickups.com/page0009d.html