PDA

View Full Version : More than a kill...

Cheeseheadbob
10-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Had one of those annoying Neon R/T riding my bumper last night on the way back from Costco. Had the boys in the back. He was darting in and out of traffic goading me. I had enough and went from -10 to +13.5 lbs of boost instantly. Drag radials hooked and was at 105 in a flash. Smoked him so bad he did not bother rolling up next to me at the next light. It was a long light and a old Ford pick up truck pulled up next to me and honked. He said with a smile, you got something extra under that hood don't you. We both had a big grin. Just to give you an idea about how much thrust I have now, when I mashed it, my 5 year old son's arms wound up flying up and hitting the roof. I think he was a tad surprised.:D

Rider90
10-03-2006, 01:25 PM
when I mashed it, my 5 year old son's arms wound up flying up and hitting the roof.
Priceless!

merc
10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Smoked him so bad he did not bother rolling up next to me at the next light.

You do have something under the hood, don't you :beatnik: Nice old school street kill.

Bobby Clobber
10-03-2006, 03:42 PM
he-------he-------he :D :D :D

Don't mess with the big guy , he'll eat your lunch.:burnout:

merc6
10-03-2006, 03:44 PM
this wasn't you was it?
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30648

Bluerauder
10-03-2006, 04:23 PM
He was darting in and out of traffic goading me. I had enough and ....:D
:seesaw: Yep, that's how I figured it would be. I rest my case. ;)

Joe Walsh
10-03-2006, 05:13 PM
WTG Bob!!
Nice Annialation....errr....I mean Kill!

He probably did one of these when you hammered it-------->:awe:

For some reason all the SRT-4 Neon owners put fart pipes on them and they are, without a doubt, the WORST sounding turds on the road!

They sound even worse than the crap-box Hondas!

I respect their turbo-four power....But GAWD why put a pipe on it that sounds SO BAD!?!?

BTW: About a month ago there was a black,fart-piped Neon SRT-4 on Ritchie Hwy revving it up and cutting through traffic.
I stayed with him, but a little behind him, until the traffic cleared then I punched the Marauder.....
I went by him like he dropped anchor and he got a FULL dose of my pipes!:D
At the next light his girlfriend was checking out the Big 4 door Sedan that ate him for lunch.
He wouldn't look over, he just revved his engine, then pulled a U-Turn and crept away to lick his wounds....:bigcry:

Cheeseheadbob
10-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Charlie, everything was under control... No devil on my shoulder for this one.:P
:seesaw: Yep, that's how I figured it would be. I rest my case. ;)

Bigdogjim
10-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Nce to have a little fun now and again:)

kj31067
10-03-2006, 06:05 PM
i love these stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ban ana:

VNMUS
10-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Nothing like owning a sleeper! :D

RoyLPita
10-04-2006, 03:44 AM
when I mashed it, my 5 year old son's arms wound up flying up and hitting the roof. I think he was a tad surprised.:D

I see that you are raising some future roller coaster riders there.........:D

O's Fan Rich
10-04-2006, 04:23 AM
Bob.... you seem to attract those pesky little chain saws.

Bluerauder
10-04-2006, 04:26 AM
Charlie, everything was under control... No devil on my shoulder for this one.:P
I was referring more to my demons ... not yours. ;) Catch my drift ?? :burnout:

Warpath
10-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Its sad to see someone doing something so stupid with their kids in their car. I'm glad to see no one got hurt this time.

Cheeseheadbob
10-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey "Genius", at no time was there any more danger than any other driving situation. There was at least a 1/2 mile stretch of full visability road with no other cars ahead of me. I have huge brakes, and the whole event took all of 7 seconds. Everything about my car is performance/safety driven. My drag radials are designed to not spin, the Metco Control arms are designed to keep my back end in line, the Eaton posi is designed to make both wheels turn with equal force. So don't go lecturing me on safety. Kids are at more risk getting on the school bus with some 75 year old retired driver who has next to no reaction time; or some soccer mom yakking on the cell phone, taking the kids to practice. I am an accomplished driver with more than one driving school under my belt. Perhaps a little thought should have been exercised before posting what you did.
Its sad to see someone doing something so stupid with their kids in their car. I'm glad to see no one got hurt this time.

merc
10-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Are you ready to rumble. Bob, bring your hooptie down to MIR Oct 21 & 22.

http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/flyers/event/pdf/06_ford.pdf

Breadfan
10-04-2006, 10:46 AM
'twas only a matter of time. Congrats on the kill Bob.

I'm d/l'ing merc's posted PDF now...unsure if I'm up for it or not, even if just spectating I'd love to see Bob's run!

Breadfan
10-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Bob, bring your hooptie down to MIR Oct 21 & 22.

http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/flyers/event/pdf/06_ford.pdf

OK, that looks like alot of fun. I may go Saturday for the car show, would like to run one or two more times if I get my new shift program and a cool day...

merc
10-04-2006, 10:57 AM
OK, that looks like alot of fun. I may go Saturday for the car show, would like to run one or two more times if I get my new shift program and a cool day...

I should be at the track in N/A underwear on both days. Hopefully Bob and Charlie will bring the kids for the 1320 rollercoaster ride. :seesaw:

MarauderMark
10-04-2006, 05:34 PM
:popcorn:...

GA-Marauder
10-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Mrs. Cheesehead Bob...:argue: ...after hearing this story...:D

Cheeseheadbob
10-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Not really. She gets to supervise the after-school, death defying bicycle antics my boys engage in. They make this incident look like a parallel parking test at 1 mph!:D
Mrs. Cheesehead Bob...:argue: ...after hearing this story...:D

JVJ
10-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Great stories guys, But glad to hear that "Neon SRT-4" got smoked, Don't do this everytime now. It may be dangerous for both parties.:beer:

Warpath
10-05-2006, 08:36 AM
...Perhaps a little thought should have been exercised before posting what you did.

Perhaps a little thought should have been exercised before going 105 on a public street. Had it been on the highway, I would have looked the other way. But, on a street with lights, that's dangerous. **** happens. Parts break. Tires blow out. There could be oil or gravel on the road ahead. People pull out or kids run out of nowhere. I had some dumb ass pull out in front of me on my way to work this morning. I've read on this board that someone lost control of their MM at 100+ and ended up scrapping against the wall. To do something dangerous like that just to inflate one's ego is stupid. Racing doesn't belong on the street. Period. Nothing further to discuss.

Cheeseheadbob
10-05-2006, 08:42 AM
It was a 4 lane divided highway with stop lights approximately 3 miles apart. There was a jersey wall separating the lanes. Strictly non-residential. Perhaps I should have said that in my initial post. I would never "race" on a residential or congested city street. It was a boost from 55 to 105 and back down in 7 seconds. I believe this will be my last post on this thread as well.:)
Had it been on the highway, I would have looked the other way.

KillJoy
10-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Yeahhhhhh... Bad Bob.....NO DONUT!

Now....go do a burnout :D

KillJoy

Dragcity
10-05-2006, 09:50 AM
I'll buy that Cheesehead dude a beer!

We love you Bob.....

duhtroll
10-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Point of contention - kids are safer on school buses.

Carry on.

Hey "Genius", at no time was there any more danger than any other driving situation. There was at least a 1/2 mile stretch of full visability road with no other cars ahead of me. I have huge brakes, and the whole event took all of 7 seconds. Everything about my car is performance/safety driven. My drag radials are designed to not spin, the Metco Control arms are designed to keep my back end in line, the Eaton posi is designed to make both wheels turn with equal force. So don't go lecturing me on safety. Kids are at more risk getting on the school bus with some 75 year old retired driver who has next to no reaction time; or some soccer mom yakking on the cell phone, taking the kids to practice. I am an accomplished driver with more than one driving school under my belt. Perhaps a little thought should have been exercised before posting what you did.

mrjones
10-05-2006, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=duhtroll;426753]Point of contention - kids are safer on school buses.

Here, here. As a school transportation director, I'll give that a hearty second.

STLR FN
10-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Bob,
You're a baaaaaaaadddddddd man. I can forgive the street racing just don't wear the 'Crabby' pants anymore? Nice kill though.

(heavy sarcasm is play, except for the kill)

Big House
10-05-2006, 01:12 PM
I want a ride...I am free tomorrow...heck I am free this evening....I have to know what 450+ Newton meters of force feels like. Nice kill...oblitiration(sp) I had the "pleasure" of ride behind one of them woth some kind of exhaust on it...it popped and farted everytime the guy got off the gas...

vkirkend
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I just want one ride in these S/C'd monsters!!!!!

Cheeseheadbob
10-05-2006, 01:44 PM
William, with both of us in the front, that number may go down to 350...:D
I have to know what 450+ Newton meters of force feels like.

DEFYANT
10-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Did someone say "DONUT"? :drool: