Thanks for your help

Chuck

jgc61sr2002
10-04-2006, 03:47 PM
RoyalPita can run that vin for you.

jimlam56
10-04-2006, 04:01 PM
RoyalPita can run that vin for you.

He only has access to Oasis reports, I do believe.

chucky
10-04-2006, 04:54 PM
whats the diff

AstroVic
10-04-2006, 05:08 PM
whats the diff

OASIS reports cite vehicle repair, warranty, recall information, etc., through Ford dealerships.

Carfax checks public records.

kj31067
10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
imho OASIS is better in that it showed warranty stuff that was done that carfax didnt......p m roylpita and get the scoop from ford,
not from a company that will tell you when sold and when inspected..and carfax wants cash....royl does it for the good of our
online community........:banana2:

The Big Stu
10-04-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't actually have a comment, I just wanted to say that Roy is a good guy for helping us out with look ups.

kj31067
10-05-2006, 03:39 AM
I don't actually have a comment, I just wanted to say that Roy is a good guy for helping us out with look ups.

x2...............i think it s Brian though....

RoyLPita
10-05-2006, 03:59 AM
Yup, it's me. Roy or Brian will do. Since the vehicle is over 10 years of age, all OASIS will show you would be any open recalls. In this case, the 95s28 ignition switch recall is still open. As for CarFax, I have no access to that database. Hope this helps you.

TAF
10-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Brian is the BEST! He just helped me this morning for a new Marauder owner that I met just the other day....

He has a great avatar, too! ;)

GA-Marauder
10-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Carfax WILL tell you if the vehicle has any accident repairs, if it is a salvage title, water or fire damage, odometer rollbacks, etc. I think I would not buy a used vehicle without one.

Big Joe P
10-05-2006, 10:13 AM
My wife got T-boned in our Mercedes G-55 a couple years ago, over 50K in damage. It was repaired !! we traded it in the day we got it back from the body shop. To this day, it DOESN'T show up on CARFAX. IMO carfax is good for Title and mileage info, not 100% when it comes to damage.

merc6
10-05-2006, 10:22 AM
My wife got T-boned in our Mercedes G-55 a couple years ago, over 50K in damage. It was repaired !! we traded it in the day we got it back from the body shop. To this day, it DOESN'T show up on CARFAX. IMO carfax is good for Title and mileage info, not 100% when it comes to damage.Yep I did carfax on my other car and alot of suff didn't come up but the warrenty which is already gone did.

Carfax WILL tell you if the vehicle has any accident repairs, if it is a salvage title, water or fire damage, odometer rollbacks, etc. I think I would not buy a used vehicle without one.
yep I found out the car was in flordia with owner #1, and texas was #2.

OASIS reports cite vehicle repair, warranty, recall information, etc., through Ford dealerships.

Carfax checks public records.Yeah oasis is cool but when selling a car everyone goes to carfax and not oasis. oasis won't track odo rollover unless you go to f/l/m dealers for all the service work iirc.

tddpop
10-05-2006, 12:39 PM
My wife got T-boned in our Mercedes G-55 a couple years ago, over 50K in damage. It was repaired !! we traded it in the day we got it back from the body shop. To this day, it DOESN'T show up on CARFAX. IMO carfax is good for Title and mileage info, not 100% when it comes to damage.

I had a 1997 Cobra that I was driving on the freeway, had to come to a complete stop in the fast lane with nowhere to go due to a major accident that happened right in front of me, taking out 10 cars and all 5 lanes. A lady in a 70's Mustang came up behind me doing 75 mph, and hit me without ever touching her brakes. There was $13,900 damage according to the appraiser my insurance company sent. The cut-off for the car being totalled was $14,500, so they fixed it. My body guy basically back-halfed the car at the factory welds behind the front seats, and replaced everything with new parts, suspension, exhaust, driveshaft, axle, wheels, everything. He ended up billing my insurance $20K. He was just as perplexed as I was as to why they didn't just total it, so he fixed it right. He claimed to them that it was the only way to properly fix the car, and that they should have just totalled it. As far as I know he got the full payment too.

Anyway, that was in 2000. I traded the car in weeks after getting it back. As of 6 months ago it still isn't showing up on Carfax.

GA-Marauder
10-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Good stories on Carfax. It has been useful to me twice, buying cars for my college-bound kids. In both cases, vehicles I was considering showed up, one with salvage title, the other with multiple accidents. I guess sometimes its just luck to get an accurate report, or one that gives good insight into the vehicle you are considering. Just my:twocents: worth.

It's just one of many tools in the car buying arsenal (OASIS, Carfax, mechanic's inspection, etc.).

Shora
10-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Does Carfax not have a form of Guarantee? If an accedent is reported and it does not show up in the report they buy the car back. Now, big damage should be reported if insuarance is used correct?

chucky
10-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks for looking Roy.

jimlam56
10-05-2006, 05:43 PM

Nice Olds!
Aluminum block?
What year?