PDA

View Full Version : favorite comedian

kj31067
10-04-2006, 05:40 PM
i like a lot of them , but hands down............dennis miller.......that guy has been cracking me up since the late 80 s........nobody puts a funny spin on recent events, U S or international like he does..:D

Blackened300a
10-04-2006, 05:48 PM
I really enjoy Brian Regan. He works clean and hes hysterical.

bigslim
10-04-2006, 05:53 PM
i like a lot of them , but hands down............dennis miller.......that guy has been cracking me up since the late 80 s........nobody puts a funny spin on recent events, U S or international like he does..:D
To each their own but I think Dennis Miller sucks. I like Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock. For political humor I like Lewis Black.

The Big Stu
10-04-2006, 05:59 PM
I as well am not a fan of Dennis miller, but I also don't care about politics or current events. I vote for Ron White or Carlos Mencia at the moment maybe even Frank Caliendo.

marauderpunk24
10-04-2006, 06:00 PM
stephen colbert for political, and theres some ventriliquist who's super funny. marauderboi may remember him

HwyCruiser
10-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Tie between Dennis Leary and and George Carlin.

bigslim
10-04-2006, 06:12 PM
I also like Larry the Cable Guy.

Joe Walsh
10-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Nobody mentioned the exquisite Al Franken.....:puke:

I think that George Carlin is one of the best...he's been making me laugh for 4 decades.

Between Dennis Miller and Al Franken I'll get this thread locked in no time!

Bigdogjim
10-04-2006, 06:44 PM
I think some of the posters on MM.net are the funniest:rofl:

Raudermaster
10-04-2006, 08:01 PM
George Carlin-the old hilarious guy, Kevin James-funny as all hell and clean, and of course, Andrew Dice Clay-the man. IMO, Chris Rock is very arrogant and thinks he's better, and funnier than everyone else. To me, Chris Tucker is funnier than him.

Donny Carlson
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Lewis Black is great

Candy corn is the only candy in the history of America that's never been advertised. And there's a reason. All of the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911. And so, since nobody eats that stuff, every year there's a ton of it left over. And the candy corn company sends the guys out into the villages, to collect out of the dumpsters all the candy corn we've thrown away. They wash it! They wash it! I'll never forget the first time my mother gave me candy corn. She said, 'Here Lewis! This is corn that tastes like candy!' (takes it, eats it) ... 'This tastes like crap!' And every year since then, Halloween is returned and I, like an Alzheimer's patient, find myself in a room, and the room has a table in it, and on the table, is a bowl of candy corn. And I look at it, as if I've never seen it before. 'Candy corn,' I think. 'Corn that tastes like candy. I can't wait.' (takes it, takes a bite) 'SON OF A *****!'

http://www.maj.org/P2006/bcf_black_435.jpg

so is Dave Attell

Sparklers are the gay cousins of the fireworks family. I think a flashlight is more dangerous than a sparkler. My brothers got M-80s, bottle rockets, ammonium nitrate, manure, a rented van. They're blowing ***** up and getting things done. I'm walking around with a sparkler like the Special Olympics torch-boy.

http://www.sincitysounds.com/spotlight/1-11-2003/daveattell5.jpg

And Mitch Hedberg was brlliant, imo. Sad that he died so young..

All McDonalds commercials end the same way: "prices and participation may vary." I want to open my own McDonalds and not participate in anything. I want to be a stubborn McDonalds owner. "Cheeseburgers? Nope. We got spaghetti!...And blankets. And we are not affiliated with that clown. He attracts too many children."

http://www.mitchhedberg.net/html/images/headshot.jpg

And of course, "lil Jimmy" makes me laugh....

I was out with this girl, and she was going through my glove compartment in my car and found my condoms. She was like, 'what are these for?' and I said 'Those are going to save your life tonight, believe me!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/dc/250px-A_boy_with_roses.1.jpg

Grifter
10-05-2006, 04:40 AM
I'll second Mitch Hedberg.. His stuff is great.
I also really like Bobby Collins.. No one has mentioned Dane Cook yet, hes great too

RoyLPita
10-05-2006, 04:43 AM
I have quite a few favorites:
Robin Williams,
Jeff Dunham
Gabriel Iglesias
Bobby Slayton
Bobby Collins
Dat Phan
Steve Mcgrew
Vic Henley
Bill Engvall
Larry the Cable Guy
Jeff Foxworthy
Kathleen Madigan
Wanda Sykes
Maurice Lamarche

AstroVic
10-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Tom Rhodes.

If you ever get a chance, go see him live. He's always touring the comedy clubs in America and oversees. He's downright HILARIOUS!

www.tommyrhodes.com

2003 MIB
10-05-2006, 04:54 AM
Sam Kinison.
Great comic- unhappy person.

Petrograde
10-05-2006, 05:09 AM
George Carlin & Dane Cook :rofl:

duhtroll
10-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Lewis Black #1 - I'll pay to see him anywhere. I think we might have been separated at birth uh, a few years apart.

George Carlin is also awesome.

Louis CK is one of my favorites - too bad I never saw his short-lived TV show.

I hated Carlos Mencia the first time I saw him - I thought he only had one schtick (racial stereotypes) at first and wasn't even that funny doing it. And that's kinda true - he does only have the one schtick, but it got better and he has a really good message about equality and political correctness that makes his TV series awesome IMO. He also hates stupid people as much as I do. :)

Jon Stewart is the man.

Gotta add Penn & Teller and the Amazing Johnathan.

Dave Chapelle is also really good along the same lines as Chris Rock, with better delivery.

Jerry Seinfeld and a host of others, too.

Rodney Dangerfield was always one of my favorites. Also Richard Pryor and early Bill Cosby.

Early Mel Brooks.

I guess I've been a "comedyphile" my whole life.

There are more comedians out there every day that I just can't stand. This sounds really *really* non-PC to say but I have never seen a female comic that I consider to be funny. Can't think of one, and I have looked for a long time so as not to be labeled a "comedy sexist." Every single act I have seen by a female within 5 minutes degrades to complaining about men to the women in the audience.

People who are just annoying in my book:

Dane Cook
Wanda Sykes (how many free TV shows is this hack gonna get?)
Everyone on Last Comic Standing (especially Bil Dwyer x 10) except Alonzo Bodden, John Heffron, and Gabriel Iglesias (who would have won except he cheated)

I was really psyched to watch "Last Comic Standing," but too many of the comedians, even the finalists, completely sucked. I call that show "Last Demographic Standing" as they eliminate good comedians just because they are white men, and we can't have many of those on the show because we're trying to get an audience base here. :rolleyes: Especially that young kid who got totally screwed over in the second season - he was the best one out there and even the comedians on the show admitted it.

Someone needs to put out of their misery:
Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson
Wil Ferrell (I mean, holy crap, this guy is doing the same un-funny drivel every single movie)

Tallboy
10-05-2006, 06:22 AM
A tie between Sam Kinison and Andrew Dice Clay.

Marauder_Santa
10-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Rodney Dangerfield.

prchrman
10-05-2006, 06:51 AM
The Three Stooges RULE after that,
Foster Brooks
Red Skelton
Jonathan Winters

top those, cann't can ya...willie

Marauder_Santa
10-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Victor Borge

Early Bill Cosby - "Noah"

And Bob Newhart during his stand up days

GA-Marauder
10-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Richard Pryor always made me laugh my azz off.

Ron White's pretty funny.

Merc-O-matic
10-05-2006, 07:12 AM
1. The Three Stooges
2. George Carlin
3. Jerry Seinfeld

Gotta Love It!:baaa:

Bluerauder
10-05-2006, 08:39 AM
I think that George Carlin is one of the best...he's been making me laugh for 4 decades.
I agree. I even liked him as the "Hippy Dippy Weatherman" back in the mid-60s. :rofl:

Carlin's routine on the differences between baseball and football is classic. :lol:

......... BTW - I like Dennis Miller on occasion as well. Richard Pryor was best before he went into his "Crude" phase.

KillJoy
10-05-2006, 08:51 AM
I like anyone who is funny.

I also like anyone who makes fun of things you are not supposed to (race, religion, politics, injuries etc...)

Humor is a funny thing....either your get it, or you don't ;)

KillJoy

ParkRanger
10-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Without equivocation the best comedian around is Dick Cheney.
I just love it when his lips curl back after a punchline.
His best schtick is the hunting routine with the shotgun - just hilarious.
I crack up when a heckler makes him mad and suddenly four suits grab the heckler, never to be seen again.
He is also a great ventriliquist and his dummies are far funnier than Knucklehead Smith or Jerry Mahoney. I swear, you never see his mouth move.
He's difficult to book as all his contracts are cost plus and open-ended.
It's hard to catch his act - nobody knows where he is at any one time. You just have to be lucky if he shows up in your town.
Sometimes he's on TV but for some reason only on Fox - probably they pay more.
Sometimes he takes his act on the road with another very funny fellow comic - Vlad Putin - these two guys will leave you rolling in the aisles.

PR :burnout:

Big Joe P
10-05-2006, 10:03 AM
So a few years ago I take my mom (RIP) and my 21 yr old nephew to Las Vegas for a few days, and of course, to see George Carlin. The FIRST thing he says when he gets on stage "You know what you never hear people talk about? pu**y farts" inside, I was LMAO, I just glanced to my mom, then my nephew, kinda awkward...

1. George Carlin
2. Rondey Dangerfield
3. Lisa Lampanelli
4. Lewis Black
5. Kathy Griffin
When these people are "ON" i'm in stitches...

Ross
10-05-2006, 11:50 AM
The Marx Brothers. I know, I'm old, but they were the best.

ctrcbob
10-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Nobody mentioned Justin Wilson who passed away "7 or 6" years ago. Best (Cajun) storyteller I ever heard.

Cobra25
10-05-2006, 05:22 PM
These are my favotites: Mr. Bean, Benny Hill, Larry The Cable Guy , Rodney Dangerfield & Rita Rugner.

jimlam56
10-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Firesign Theater???
Showin' my age...

the_pack_rat
10-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Too many to really mention ...

They all have their own unique personality & things they tend to discuss or do. Some are funny all by themselves ... others do some of their best stuff when working with another person(usually the same one). There are some people that really aren't even "comedians" so to speak ... but are just funny as hell when playing a particular character.

Sometimes you want to see physical comedy - sometimes it's nice if it's kept simple & clean ... other times you are just in a mood to hear someone rant & rave using every foul word known to mankind.

Some people don't like it foul ... but it doesn't offend me in the least.

GAMike
10-05-2006, 06:16 PM
The person who stands out for me over the past 4 yrs. is D Ali G or Sacha Barron Cohen (I think this is how you spell it).

Regards,

ghost03
10-05-2006, 06:45 PM
1.Carlos Mencia
2. Lisa Lampanelli

The Big Stu
10-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Yall have reminded me of some comedians that I like and had forgotten about, but no one ever mentioned Bill Cosby. Did no one like Bill Cosby? I used to love his stuff. He was verbally safe for people of all ages, and had the talent to make anyone laugh. Just my opinion, but he should be in some kind of hall of fame...(he probably already is...I am always behind.)

My favorite now that yall have reminded me probably has to be George Carlin.

whoskal
10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Sam Kinison.
Great comic- unhappy person.

I second this one.

VNMUS
10-06-2006, 10:04 AM
My three favorites, not in order...

1) Billy Connelly
2) Carlos Mencia
3) Joe Rogan

If you're looking for PC humor, DON'T check them out :D