PDA

View Full Version : GTH Rental

DeadVic
10-05-2006, 01:19 PM
FFW is coming to my area soon. (I moved from Houston).

GTH is available.

Hmmm....what to do? rent GTH or go with MM?

STLR FN
10-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Beat on the GTH and save the MM.

Paul T. Casey
10-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Run the Merc., isn't that why you bought it? Besides, the crowd loves the non-Mustangs.

mtnh
10-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Check out the fine print when renting a GTH. My neighbor was going to rent one, until he found out that you get 75 miles a day then something like .29 or .39 a mile thereafter. One of the car rags he reads did the rental and averaged $400 a day to rent that thang. :down:

AstroVic
10-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Run the Merc., isn't that why you bought it? Besides, the crowd loves the non-Mustangs.

I agree 100%!

Plus, the Marauder is really a much nicer (and more exclusive) car. Don't we all agree on that?

94_302
10-06-2006, 04:17 AM
Also if you plan on throwing in a tune or something you can't. It apparently has a different tune to prevent people from doing that. There was a thread about a guy who rented one, setup a nitrous kit but could not tune it so the best he ran was about a 13 flat I believe.

DeadVic
10-06-2006, 10:25 AM
I also heard you can't defeat the Traction Control either.

This whole thing got me to thinking tho. It is legend to rent one of these and take it to the track (at least back in the 60s). so, what happens if you rent, somehow it gets wrecked, you end up having to buy the thing, you fix it, and your story becomes a legend. The car would be worth more than if you hadn't wrecked it. hmmmmm..

I'm sure there is a flaw in my thinking here. and I'm sure Hertz would sue me big time, but someone, somewhere, with more money than brains would want the car for the story.