PDA

View Full Version : Anybody like HS football?

mrjones
10-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Our high school football team, ranked number 2 in the nation by AP, is playing tonight, televised on Fox Sports. Our home area is in Fox Sports Southwest, but it looks like its gonna be on Rocky Mountain, West2, South, and Florida also, and maybe some others I haven't noticed. The game between Lufkin (my town, and the school district I work for) and Longview is on at 7:30 Central tonight. This is the first of two nationally televised games we have this season.

If you get a chance to look, I'll be the big guy in the purple shirt!! (Along with 10,000 others)

mpearce
10-07-2006, 05:48 AM
High School football is huge in the Buckeye State. When I was in High School our football team went 55-1 over my four years there. We were USA Today Division 1, National Champs twice, my freshman year, and my junior year. The only loss we had was a game my senior year. I believe they won the Ohio State Championship 8 out of 10 years in a row? Maybe more? The only High School football team in Ohio to ever be considered a dynasty. Kids went on to play at Ohio State, Michigan, Boston College, Notre Dame, Purdue, etc, and went on even further, into the NFL playing for teams like the Browns, Packers, Vikings, Giants, and Bills. Too bad I was on the wrestling team!

Cleveland, St. Ignatius High School

-Mat

00 Aggie
10-07-2006, 09:54 PM
I love Lufkin, they are a pretty good pipeline of players to aTm!

Donny Carlson
10-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Two A Days. They are going to shoot a second season.

They deliberately make Hoover, Al look like a small town, when it's a large, affluent suburb of Birmingham.

All I can say, is the City of Hoover has one great mail man.:)

MeanMachine
10-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Two A Days. They are going to shoot a second season.

They deliberately make Hoover, Al look like a small town, when it's a large, affluent suburb of Birmingham.

All I can say, is the City of Hoover has one great mail man.:)

two a days is fun to watch because I remember what a pain in the ass practice was. It's nice to be sitting on the couch watching other guys push their limits, at least for a little while :depress:

MarauderMarc
10-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in one game at Polk High............