PDA

View Full Version : Spotted. Grand Cherokee SRT8...

Leadfoot281
10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Friday night I pulled into a local gas station for some smokes. When I came out, there was a black Grand Cherokee SRT8 parked next to my Marauder.

I waited for a minute, and when the owner came walking over (on his cell phone) I pointed at his rig and gave him a thumbs up.

He said "gotta go honey!" and ended his call. Too funny! My girlfriend gave me this look; :rolleyes: . This guy has the same pride in his rig as I do in my Marauder, and took the time to show it off.

I've never seen one of these critters in person before. IMO cars, women and rock bands don't get interesting til their at least 30 years old. 20" wheels, Brembo brakes, all wheel drive, 6.1litre Hemi, and 420 hp changed that.

He claimed it has run a 13.2 quarter. I didn't ask for 60' times, sorry.

He asked where I got the custom wheels on my Buick...yep, Buick...

My opinions? Glad you asked! I don't like SUV's (unless they got a 6" lift). My '89 CV probably has better off road capabilitys. And I don't think the styling is all that great. Call me a purist, but a Jeep on "dubs"? Yuck. I think the whole concept is as confusing as a 20 minute drum solo in a country song.

Any one here "run" one yet? You folks got any opinions on 'em?

Rider90
10-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Any one here "run" one yet? You folks got any opinions on 'em?

Logan has one. I think he likes it.

jim geary
10-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Talked to a gal yesterday that just bought one. Drove to Los Vegas to buy it.
Dealers in California jacking up price too much. Between 8 and 15 thousand.
Looked real nice inside. Lots of room plus lots of electronic outlets for the people in the rear to play with. This one was loaded. Had everything.The gal
told me 38,900. But new of another that paid 47,000 in Cal. Little to rich for my blood.

Marauder2005
10-09-2006, 08:48 AM
He said "gotta go honey!" and ended his call. Too funny! My girlfriend gave me this look; :rolleyes: . This guy has the same pride in his rig as I do in my Marauder, and took the time to show it off.

LOL thats great. I don't think those jeeps are to bad, the SRT/8 Charger is

more my tayste. If it makes you feel better, my car has been called a Buick

too, AND a Mercury Sable!!!! The guys exact word were "I had a Mercury

Sable too, it is a good car". Makes you want to blurt out somthing rude

and drive off.