PDA

View Full Version : What the name means

yorks
05-26-2003, 03:56 AM
I always knew loosely what the term "Marauder" means, but I never looked at the dictionary until now.
Sounds like my years in the Navy...Check sig.

bchapman
05-26-2003, 04:17 AM
My license plate reads "Marauda". I had to park near the back of the lot one day, just as someone else was getting out of their car and he noticed the plate. Thinking he was oh-so-suave and debonair, he smirked and said, "Oh, are YOU "The Marauder"?

I witheringly said, "It's the name of the car. It's a Mercury Marauder."

I could afford to be cold and cruel. After all, he was only a defense attorney.

:burnout:

TripleTransAm
05-26-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by yorks
I always knew loosely what the term "Marauder" means, but I never looked at the dictionary until now.
Sounds like my years in the Navy...Check sig.

Looks good.
It's apparently the same in Swedish (go figure, the original Land of the Vikings). My sister-in-law and her boyfriend were visiting for a week, and were quite amused by the name. Too bad the bark was worse than its bite, as we watched it being carted off on a flatbed after breaking down in Quebec City. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, the car is slowly coming into its name... last week wheelspin was a definite issue two stoplights in a row, as I was rushing to meet my dealership appointment. That was fun... looks like the TCS is refined enough not to be overly intrusive during its operation. And reliability-wise, it hasn't broken down in 2 weeks and survived the 4 hour round trip to Ottawa this weekend! :up: :lol: :lol:

mensrea
05-26-2003, 07:16 AM
When AutoWeek reviewed my car, they decided that it should have been called a berserker, according to Webster's, "an ancient Scandinavian warrior frenzied in battle and held to be invulnerable" Now that's a cool review
:D

here's the link to the article (in case you missed it the first time)AutoWeek review of my Kenny Brown Marauder S (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autow eek&cat_code=reviews&loc_code=index&content_code=01859921)

RF Overlord
05-26-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by mensrea
When AutoWeek reviewed my car, they decided that it should have been called a berserker, according to Webster's, "an ancient Scandinavian warrior frenzied in battle and held to be invulnerable" Now that's a cool review
:D

ROFL, mensrea!!

"Introducing the 2005 Mercury Berserker"...

It's perfect!

yorks
05-26-2003, 07:34 AM
I'd buy one!

Bigdogjim
05-26-2003, 07:46 AM
Well if nothing else you go Berserk after buying one.....................

Patrick
05-27-2003, 01:07 AM
In plunder of RICERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!