PDA

View Full Version : Resale value of MM

MMM2003
05-27-2003, 10:16 AM
Has anybody any data on how much a used Marauder goes for these days.

I checked a couple of website. None of them list the 2003 models resale values yet. Couldn't find any sold on Ebay, either.

I'm trying to get a feel for the MM could be sold for on the open market. I have 17500 miles, 300A, no extras or mods. Well cared for and regular oil changes by Dealership.

If anybody has seen one advertised "used" or actual purchased a used, I would like to know what the $ price was. If you don't want to post, please reply via PM.

Please remember, that I'm considering the open market of people, which are not members of this site. I'm counting on less knowledgeable buyers, which haven't seen the advertised $26k new 300A's (after rebates).

Any help is appreciated.

Ohh and no concern, I'm not desperate to sell, just very curious!

LincMercLover
05-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Seeing how the Marauder is going to be forever classified as a GM, you can expect the re-sale to be about the same as a GM, that is until it's discontinued. Pricing for a used 2003 LSE GM at a dealership is about $24,800; so go from there.

Long Live #3
05-27-2003, 11:02 AM
I went on KBB and they didn't have anything.

LincMercLover
05-27-2003, 11:14 AM
I used KBB. All they list is the 2003 GM LSE. They probably won't touch it for awhile, as no one REALLY knows what will happen with the car. However, I'm sticking to the 2004 axe, as I read in a paper my Dad brought home from the plant that the Marauder, along with numerous other "SE" vehicles at LM, are just here to wake people up for what BIG changes are coming here in the next couple of years.

mdmarauder
05-27-2003, 11:17 AM
I don't know what the retail used price is but I did see a Black Book Wholesale Book over the weekend. It listed the Marauder around $23000.00 This book is supposed compiled from auction reports.

Logan
05-27-2003, 11:20 AM
With 15k, I'd say $26k is a wee high. I've seen new marauder's go for $24995. Retailed to an unsuspecting impulse buyer, you might fetch $25k, Otherwise abaout $24k. Trade-in value, currently around $21500-22500 Max.

MMM2003
05-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Impulse buyer? You mean there are other fools like me out there, who dropped $35k for the MM in summer 2002?

Sure hope so, would be nice!

Thanks anyway guys, this gives me a pretty good idea. Keep 'em coming, if you have more info.

engine23ccvfd
05-27-2003, 11:50 AM
The average first year depreciation on a new vehicle one year old is 20 percent...Assuming the current retail value of 26950 - 20% would get you $21,560....The prob of course is those of you that paid sticker in mid 2002 are gonne lose a crap load....There was an article on depreciation on MSN.com this morning but I cant find it you may want to take a quick look.

RCSignals
05-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by mdmarauder
This book is supposed compiled from auction reports.

Yes, and with all those books, when they don't have much data to go on from auctions, they make it up

jgc61sr2002
05-27-2003, 04:38 PM
The only Marauder that I know that sold on Ebay was Logans. All the others I have seen never met the reserve.

Billatpro
05-27-2003, 04:43 PM
The so called "book" value means nothing, dealers swear by it when your buying and swear at it when your trading or selling. These books take into account your local market conditions but any dealer will tell you "Well our market is a lot worse then that" unless your buying of course. These are special interest cars and such will fetch prices well above and well below the "Book" depending on many factors for which way it goes. Condition and availability are what determines value.

Bigdogjim
05-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Here in the Great state of New Jersey they had one used traded into a Dodge dealer last March. The dealer call the L&M dealer where I got mine last Sept. The "wholsale" was $22500. about 8000 miles Black 300A. THe dealer then sold in about 2 weeks. Did not get the selling price. That is the only one I heard of so far.

I asked the Ford dealer to "price" mine against a Lighting. And they said they would have to check the auctions. Never got back to me?

It is fair to say that they take a 25% hit first year. So Logans #'s are very close.

Remember that rebates will not be around forever. Only seams like it.

deerejoe
05-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Low 'teens' in mileage...pristine (original) condition in southern Missouri will fetch (right now) approx. $21K. from a 'car guy'.
Dealers around here don't want them...too many new ones to dump!!

As an aside to previous entries...the 300A (new) is really the better buy today when you consider the standard equipment it has...ie: full size spare + interior appointments, etc.
Heated seats can be had (after market) from the dealer.

Selective 'Traction Control' is OK, but with the standard offering of a Limited-Slip differential the occasional ice/snow conditions really never challenge overall traction problems around here.

My L/M dealer is a top drawer businessman and will stand behind any purported deficiency the 300A may or may not have.
He GAVE me the heated seats and the trunk organizer for $28K total.
I could not be more pleased with my MM...all things considered.

JohnnyB
05-27-2003, 05:26 PM
The best way to determine the value of your car is to have the used car dep't of several LM dealers value your car. Then you will get a ballpark idea of what you can expect to get. Expect to geet offered next to nothing. Should also check out e bay and see what used MM's have sold for.

joflewbyu2
05-27-2003, 08:20 PM
the MM hit the books quite strong. average wholesale in the southeast is 21,500 and clean wholesale at $22,500. depending upon the dealer and how desperate they want to sell the new car, they might go to clean blackbook wholesale value of $22,500 real money on a traded in MM. i'm happy, bought mine in december for $27,000 with the cd changer.

mungce
06-01-2003, 07:38 AM
..FORD anounced that it will not produced the popular new T-Bird on a yearly basis, as it's considered a collectors car and they don't want to saturate the market.you read what you want into that, but now Mercury is considering to do the same after the 04 production run........HUM ?????????

mungce
Ft.Worth, Tx.

jgc61sr2002
06-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by mungce
..FORD anounced that it will not produced the popular new T-Bird on a yearly basis, as it's considered a collectors car and they don't want to saturate the market.you read what you want into that, but now Mercury is considering to do the same after the 04 production run........HUM ?????????

mungce
Ft.Worth, Tx. If they could sell them they would produce them. That's:bs:

SergntMac
06-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
If they could sell them they would produce them. That's:bs:

Well now...When you got John telling you something is crap, y'all better listen.

Smokie
06-01-2003, 02:19 PM
MM2003
If you don't have to sell I would wait, at this moment a new MM. can be purchased for about 8k less than sticker price, my thoughts are these cars will become rare and desirable to the same class of people that like them now but are unable to afford then at this time. I believe L/M will take care of the supply by simply not making then anymore. When you cannot buy a new one; is the time when yours will be worth more. If you want to sell now advertise in magazine such as Auto Trader or local equivalent and have your window sticker available to prospective buyer, there are parts of this country where the L/M dealers will not sell MM. for less than sticker minus rebate period.

RCSignals
06-01-2003, 02:42 PM
I know some people are all concerned about re-sale. Resale is obviously important if you are selling, but I just bought my car, and re-sale is the farthest thing from my mind right now.

Reminds me of getting plans approved to build my house, and being told I couldn't do something because of a possible future owner's wants. As if I'm building for someone else's wants and taste

MMM2003
06-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Not planning on selling. Thanks for all the input.

beemer
06-01-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm not planning on selling mine either, however I am in for the long run, and attempting to keep the mileage down. I've been to a few cruise nites, a couple of shows, and one or two good cruises in the car. So far in 6 months ownership....748 miles.

This takes willpower, and a good "daily driver" I have both, plus another special interest car (BMW 635CSi coupe) to help take the pressure off driving the MM.

My future plans include the Trilogy blower package.....after the car is out of warrantee.

Best,

Paul :-)

P74vic
06-01-2003, 09:44 PM
warranty