PDA

View Full Version : Special Cars.....In the NC Mountains!!

Marauderjack
10-22-2006, 04:28 PM
We hauled our Cobra replica to Newland, NC to visit some friends and cruise the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend!!:D

Our 1996 F-350 pulled the Cobra and enclosed trailer flawlessly and our "Ride through the hills" was BEAUTIFUL!!

Funny thing....Our friends have a 1990 "Vette" and we saw dozens of "Vettes" but absolutely NO COBRAS.....and NO MARAUDERS!!!!:bows:

Are we special.....YOU BET!!!:beer:

Check the pix attached!!:banana:

Marauderjack:burnout:

fastblackmerc
10-22-2006, 04:41 PM
At least 2 of the Carolina Marauders were at the opposite end of the state winning 1st place at a car show. :)

Bluerauder
10-22-2006, 04:45 PM
At least 2 of the Carolina Marauders were at the opposite end of the state winning 1st place at a car show. :)
Now, that's what I call Special ..... :D

prchrman
10-23-2006, 03:33 AM
Marauderjack...I was on the parkway right where you were at...I know lots of people in Newland...highest county seat east of the Miss...OBTW I think the leaves were the best in years...willie

martyo
10-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Neat!!

Can a tall guy drive a Cobra replia?

Marauderjack
10-23-2006, 04:05 AM
Willie,

Us "Leafers" were out in droves!! Also, the "Wooly Worm Fest" brought thousands out!!:D Traffic at GF Mountain was RIDICULOUS!!!!:o

BTW, we stayed with friends at Mountain Glen!!

Marty,

My car is a Classic Roadsters car and is about 4" longer than original and I am 6' 2"....I fit well but it ain't a "Touring" car!!:shake: Most replica builders make their cars reasonably comfortable for 6 footers!!:beer:

You ought to hear my car coming through the tunnels on the Parkway......VROOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Marauderjack.....aka: "Cobrajack":bandit:

martyo
10-23-2006, 05:18 AM
[QUOTE=Marauderjack;433974You ought to hear my car coming through the tunnels on the Parkway......VROOOOOOOOM!!!!![/QUOTE]

Isn't that a line from Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues? :D

prchrman
10-23-2006, 05:30 AM
GF mountain and Via Duct were rediculous...nearly ran over a couple of leafers and huggers (tree that is)...we did not even try going into Blowing Rock...last year traffic was backed up for about 2 miles getting into town...willie

MarauderTJA
10-23-2006, 05:32 AM
Looked like a great ride in the Cobra Jack. Love the foilage, it looks beautiful.

Mike Poore
10-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Neat!!

Can a tall guy drive a Cobra replia?

Joe Walsh is close to 6'4", I think, and his Cobra fits just fine.

Great road trip, Jack. open car touring/leafpeeping at it's best.

BTW, you might want to plan a trip to PA's US #6 from I-81 west. The north-south routes especially from Wellsboro (PA grand canyon) and PA 44 & 144 offer a spectacular road trip, with very light traffic, especially during the week.