PDA

View Full Version : No more "On The Rack?"

Pages : [1] 2

Donny Carlson
10-23-2006, 10:09 PM
I tried to send a PM to "ADMIN" about this, but apparently that's not do-able. Rather than PM the whole Gang of Nine, I thought I'd bring this out on an open forum.

I was told by Todd at the Atlanta Marauder Owner's Breakfast that he was told by the new owners of MM.NET he had to become a supporting vendor to continue to post up pictures of work being done at Grand Muffler. Todd made it pretty clear that he was not about to become a vendor because he doesn't sell any product by mail or over the internet, and has always refused to solicit business even in PM's out of respect for vendor rules.

To cut to the chase, Todd is "off the board" because of this, his choice I gather, because he sees MM.NET as a place to have fun, share and learn information about the Marauder and other cool cars, not have to behave like a vendor should behave when posting or replying to posts. Makes it different when you change hats and are on here as a money making enterprise.

Todd is one of the oldest members on here, and has been a huge source of information about mods for the Marauder. If he has left the board, then this community has suffered a huge loss, imo. He will be sorely missed.

I implore the new owners of this board to reconsider their demand on Todd, and allow him to continue on here as before.

marauder307
10-23-2006, 11:05 PM
I tried to send a PM to "ADMIN" about this, but apparently that's not do-able. Rather than PM the whole Gang of Nine, I thought I'd bring this out on an open forum.

I was told by Todd at the Atlanta Marauder Owner's Breakfast that he was told by the new owners of MM.NET he had to become a supporting vendor to continue to post up pictures of work being done at Grand Muffler. Todd made it pretty clear that he was not about to become a vendor because he doesn't sell any product by mail or over the internet, and has always refused to solicit business even in PM's out of respect for vendor rules.

To cut to the chase, Todd is "off the board" because of this, his choice I gather, because he sees MM.NET as a place to have fun, share and learn information about the Marauder and other cool cars, not have to behave like a vendor should behave when posting or replying to posts. Makes it different when you change hats and are on here as a money making enterprise.

Todd is one of the oldest members on here, and has been a huge source of information about mods for the Marauder. If he has left the board, then this community has suffered a huge loss, imo. He will be sorely missed.

I implore the new owners of this board to reconsider their demand on Todd, and allow him to continue on here as before.

Sounds rather odd...Donny, are you sure about this? He was dead serious? Not kidding...or maybe just exceptionally pi$$ed and raving?

Mods, can we get your side on this?

CRUZTAKER
10-23-2006, 11:11 PM
I agree with you as well. Much to the demise of the group. But that is what makes this group good for all.

The ONE and only thing Tod was unable to grasp was the fact that posting pictures with HIS BUSINESS BANNERS in the background, and tight close up shots of his BUSINESS PLAQUES on the pipes he installed within his threads was a BLATENT violation of the vendor rules.

This is not a new rule. It had always been in place. Why it was not enforced in the past is not information I was ever privy to.
None the less, it was a clear violation of vendor rules....past, present, and future.

I am sorry to see him go. He had a choice.

I had a big long explaination for you, hopefully you, Donny, saw it before I edited it.
Much like the offending pics I no longer find.

kj31067
10-24-2006, 04:10 AM
I agree with you as well. Much to the demise of the group. But that is what makes this group good for all.

The ONE and only thing Tod was unable to grasp was the fact that posting pictures with HIS BUSINESS BANNERS in the background, and tight close up shots of his BUSINESS PLAQUES on the pipes he installed within his threads was a BLATENT violation of the vendor rules.

This is not a new rule. It had always been in place. Why it was not enforced in the past is not information I was ever privy to.
None the less, it was a clear violation of vendor rules....past, present, and future.

I am sorry to see him go. He had a choice.

I had a big long explaination for you, hopefully you, Donny, saw it before I edited it.
Much like the offending pics I no longer find.

was he given the option of continuing the "on the rack" series as long as there were no business banners or other references to his business in the photos? i for one will miss those posts. there were quite a few nice rides.........

Breadfan
10-24-2006, 04:15 AM
It'd be a real bummer if Todd does leave... :(

martyo
10-24-2006, 04:45 AM
If I became a vendor, could I let anyone I want post in my thread?

Macon Marauder
10-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Sad, truly sad.

prchrman
10-24-2006, 04:56 AM
If I became a vendor, could I let anyone I want post in my thread?

Marty...now what's your profession?...:rolleyes:

O's Fan Rich
10-24-2006, 05:13 AM
Color me disappointed.

magindat
10-24-2006, 05:39 AM
I understand the rules thing.

But a real bummer nonetheless.

FordNut
10-24-2006, 05:40 AM
Sad but I can see both sides. Lots of members travel to Marietta for exhaust work due to the posts seen on MM.net, even though many of the pics posted are for info/entertainment only.

martyo
10-24-2006, 05:57 AM
Marty...now what's your profession?...:rolleyes:

Do I need a profession to be a vendor?

Haggis
10-24-2006, 06:34 AM
I understand rules are rules and they are here for a purpose, so everyone is treated fairly.

But, I will miss Tod and his "On the Rack" threads. Know what else I miss, him and Marty with the jabs at one another.

I for one hope that Tod will come back and continue to post here.

rocknrod
10-24-2006, 06:48 AM
I liked the "on the rack" posts.
One of the better things this place had.

TooManyFords
10-24-2006, 06:53 AM
THAT SUCKS!!!

That is just childish and immature that someone, ANYONE, found fault in what Todd was doing.

If Todd doesn't get to post On The Rack, then I'll pull all the ProRauder pictures and thread posts too and find a new home to WHORE my pictures.

:mad2:

John

prchrman
10-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Do I need a profession to be a vendor?

Didn't mean it that way...JK...willie

Hotrauder
10-24-2006, 06:54 AM
I quess I join the posted majority. Rules are rules even when they don't have particular application. That said Todd brings a lot more than pics that may have included items of question to the PTB. I hope that that this snag can be worked out. I have never met Todd but am looking foreward to it at the Lead Sled led convention, not just because he has a very successful business that does amazing work but because of his great sense of humor, his good will and the help he has provided not just to me but to anyone here who needs it. This will be a great loss to us and it seems for not a compelling reason. I am grateful to ADMIN for the continuation of the venture but I can't truthfully say the the start has been stellar. Dennis:down:

LordVader
10-24-2006, 07:03 AM
:( I am sorry to see Todd go. His "On the Rack" always made my day. Just a sad situation all the way around. It's too bad that a compromise couldn't be reached.

Bradley G
If Todd wants to post his Pics,
All he needs to do is , loose the banner from the photos(fuzzy them up) or become a vendor.
Seems a shame, we have to suffer! :P

jimlam56
I quess I join the posted majority. Rules are rules even when they don't have particular application. That said Todd brings a lot more than pics that may have included items of question to the PTB. I hope that that this snag can be worked out. I have never met Todd but am looking foreward to it at the Lead Sled led convention, not just because he has a very successful business that does amazing work but because of his great sense of humor, his good will and the help he has provided not just to me but to anyone here who needs it. This will be a great loss to us and it seems for not a compelling reason. I am grateful to ADMIN for the continuation of the venture but I can't truthfully say the the start has been stellar. Dennis:down:

Not to mention a very generous contribution to MMIV...
Well put, Dennis.

TooManyFords
10-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Great before and after pictures! Don't suppose you have a sound byte of it hovering over the parking lot? :D

I'm waiting for the "no, can't help you" story. It will be interesting to see what you won't put pipes on...

Damn Todd...do you run ads stating
"if it runs, flys, creaps, crawls, or swims...we got an exhaust for you!"

:D

Looks like at least 3 of the 9 liked what Todd used to do... Ok, which 5 were butt heads and just couldn't leave well enough alone?

Tallboy
10-24-2006, 07:50 AM
Perhaps someone could explain how this egregious violation of vendor rules was allowed to continue for as long as it did? No one reported this as a clear, blatant violation of our chisled-in-stone, unbending rules? Todd should be ashamed of himself. I'm going to pick up the phone and give him a good talking-to...:argue:

Bluerauder
10-24-2006, 08:05 AM
But, I will miss Tod and his "On the Rack" threads. Know what else I miss, him and Marty with the jabs at one another.

I for one hope that Tod will come back and continue to post here.
I also will miss Todd and his posts. :(

For What it's Worth -- in all the time that he has been posting his "On the Rack" series and other pics and content, not once have I considered them as ads for his business. I just liked seeing the stuff he was doing and enjoying the pics. It wasn't BLATANT in my view although it probably could be interpreted as some sort of low key, subliminal advertising by some. That is very unfortunate. :( MM.Net has disappointed me twice in the past week --- that is also unfortunate. :( Hope this can be worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

sailsmen
10-24-2006, 08:14 AM
If you did not take a nickel, how many pennys?

We have ways of finding this out, by looking at the copper prices!

sailsmen
10-24-2006, 08:19 AM
what about members that are advertising in their sig and are not vendors?

I assume they would have to change their sig or become a vendor?

Breadfan
10-24-2006, 08:21 AM
I edited my first post as it was the first thing I wrote this morning, the feelings of it haven't gone away though.

Like I said, I hope the choices and decisions were not made in haste and negotiations and compromise were discussed. There is an answer to every problem I just hope the time was taken to find it.

I hope Todd comes back, I hope the On The Rack posts resume - I will miss not having updated desktop backgrounds so often.

It's too bad something has come between that...maybe I can get him to email them to me, which makes sense because next time I have a muffler question and he's not here I'll probably have to email him since he always has the right answer.

Gre8one7
10-24-2006, 08:49 AM
How about a seperate picture section...for just pictures...
I looked in every on the rack thread and i liked looking at them, but they never made me want to drop everything and have todd do work on my car. Maybe some members like knowing that he atleast knows what a marauder is and how to work on them...

SergntMac
10-24-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm not going to sit back and play dumb on this, but I have been delayed by other matters.

I am involved in the decision that yáll speak of. The topic was pending for a while, it's another legacy problem we inherited when purchasing the site. Moreover, failure to address it is unfairness for the remaining paid vendors.

Todd was sent notice on the violations and nothing changed. He was invited to sign up as a supporting vendor, which would have cost him approximately 324.00 for a full year. This would include a banner, and his own forum under his control to use any way he saw fit. He did not respond to any of our invitations, and he did not change any pics.

Furthermore, Todd's flaggs and "contributing member"status could not be verified in the records transferred at the sale. We looked everywhere for some contribution from Todd no matter how old, in order to preserve his status. Again, without Todd's help in this, we found nothing. Finally, he was given notice that by the close of business Friday 20 Oct. 2006, he should make amends to his membership status, of the status will revert to that of member-at-large. He did nothing.

The software did it deed, and TAF is an ordinary member again. His PM storage and Gallery storage is automatically adjust accordingly. He was not told to leave and his membership and access is in good standing. He is very welcome to stay, and invited to expand on obviious opportunities, but the free ride is over.

The way I see it, it's only fair. Zack and Mac are paying vendors, and we do very little advertising, no banner, no forum, buy we paid ther same money.

Joe Walsh
10-24-2006, 09:25 AM
I can understand why this had to be done.

Many of Todd's photos included his business' logo or welded tags.
If I were a current supporting vendor, I would feel slighted by those posted photos.

In Todd's defense, I 'PM'd Todd inquiring about some custom exhaust work, and he refused to discuss/conduct business on the MM.net.

I too enjoyed the 'ON THE RACK' posts by Todd and wish there was a way to work this out.

I hope that Todd will continue to participate on this website, as he will be sorely missed if he leaves.
Joe

gpfarrell
10-24-2006, 09:28 AM
I guess if the sponsors who keep mm.net afloat had issues with On the Rack, their opinions ~ accompanied by dollars ~ should carry a bit more influence.

However, I never felt that there was any sort of serious solicitation with his posts. In fact, I considered them to be an asset to mm.net... they were yet another reason to keep me checking back regularly.

Hmm, come to think of it, that "checking back regularly" seems like something the paying sponsors would like.

I appreciate the moderators protecting our sponsors... their dollars keep the ship afloat... but stripping inoffensive content from the sight is hardly an easy way to keep mm.net fresh.

Chasing folks out of the community won't help it grow, and might not even help it survive.

Dragcity
10-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah, Whatever!

FordNut
10-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Really unfortunate. Look at Jason's detailing business, he's likely to pull in 90% local customers only and he's willing and able to pony up the fees to be a supporting vendor. And he's not selling anything that competes with other vendors.

Look at Todd's exhaust business, his customers drive from all parts to have him work some of the magic on their cars, lots of them come based on the pics they see on the 'net. Established business that won't pay for national advertising, selling products which directly compete with supporting vendors.

I'll miss the pics, but realistically Todd's in the wrong on this one.

Macon Marauder
10-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Hmmm...

What if somebody else (not Todd) posted pics of cars on lifts at Grand Muffler? Would that also be a violation?

TAF
10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
I’m not going to sit back either….
Logan appreciated my “contribution” and said so many times (even once when I was given a “vacation” due to squabbling after one of your drunken rants.) Ya see…I have been around here a LONG time…and I remember your 2 page long “y’all go f** k yourselves” post…as well as numerous other posts by you that have been WAY out of line. As well as the call that was made to the Marietta Police Department before a planned Marauder Dyno Day @ Team Ford 3 years ago…I wonder who made that call. For over 3 years….I never made one dime off the membership here! But I’ll tell you this…I do know that there are nearly 200+ (probably more) Marauders (and other Panther vehicles) that are being enjoyed by their owners more due to connections, advancements in technology, etc. that came directly through me. You want to dispute that? Be my guest. Logan appreciated what I’d done by bringing Metco, CarMotorsports and others that you don’t know about in to provide services to the community here…and sponsorship $s to the site. Like I said before…I never paid any attention to flags/banners, etc. Nor was I asked to provide anything to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Logan</st1:place></st1:City>. But, it was always made obvious to me he appreciated what I was doing here when I spent time here.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><o:p> </o:p>
You need to get your facts straight, Mac First of all…I’ve been here longer than you and most other folks here. I never asked for any status/flags etc. from the previous ownership. Never really noticed that it made any difference. But I’ll tell you one thing…I’ll put my true contributions to this board up against anyone previous or anyone in the future. ffice:smarttags<st1:place w:st=" /><o:p></o:p>
There was no “warning” about my posts…I’ll tell you EXACTLY what happened. I saw the raffle taking place for Marauderville IV one evening and noticed the list of prizes were a little “thin”. Unsolicited I sent a PM to Mary and said I’d be glad to “pony-up” something nice for the Raffle. She accepted and in her response let me know that I was in violation of the “Vendor Policy” on the site and that I really needed to become a vendor on the site. She surmised that I should be a “Silver Member” offering both products & installations. Well…I don’t offer either through this site. There have been NO SALES of any components (mufflers/CATs), X-pipes, tailpipes…..ANYTHING offered by me through this site. I informed Mary that I did not wish to be a vendor. This site is enjoyment/entertainment for me and NOT my business. Well…that wasn’t good enough for her (or any/all the other “8”) and I was given a deadline to respond or I would be limited on the site. And that has taken place. I was also asked to review the “Vendor Rules”. Well I did…and I suggest you and the other 8 do that as well. There has been ZERO business conducted by me through this site in regards to those rules. There has been ZERO business conducted…ZERO ‘group buys”, ZERO contact regarding product/services….and the last statement that sums it up saying in-short “If your only goal here is to profit from the membership without contributing to the site…you are probably not welcome here.” Well…that was never even a remote goal here…and I have NOT violated any “Vendor Rules”…this site has been entertainment and enjoyment for me for over 4 &#189; years.
<o:p></o:p>
And as to the statement made earlier about “people traveling from distant places to have exhaust work done at my shop”…well that’s not exactly true either (Brian you’re so full of crap it ain’t funny). There have been 3…count them…3 members here from a distance who have initially contacted me here/or via PM-email and then subsequently showed up at my shop wanting exhaust work done (merc, Marauderjack & Shakes). And all 3 of them will tell you that when they contacted me via the site, I informed them that I appreciated their inquiry but, I was NOT a vendor on the site and did NOT solicit business through the site. When they showed up at my shop…you bet they were taken care of…and I know they will all tell you the same story. Go through EVERY post I’ve ever made…and all my PMs…you’ll find the same answer from me to anyone who tried to contact me. Go through ANY of the threads and where you see someone say “Can you do that for me?’ Or “How much would that be?” you’ll see one thing missing…there is NO RESPONSE FROM ME!
I thought this was a car enthusiast site…I thought I’d share with other enthusiasts some of the vehicles we get in here which are unique. Note…I don’t even post all of them…but, just the ones that I feel someone might find interesting. Yeah…I take pics of the cars, pics of the motors, pics of the underneath (just last week I put up a pic of the underneath of the Chevelle and wanted to see if another ‘enthusiast” here might notice something….and guess what…they did it was originally a Malibu and had a 10-bolt rearend instead of a 12-bolt)…and kudos to (I forget who) who noticed it. I also pull cars out in front of my shop and take advantage of my hillside/parking lot to get pics. And some of these are the nicest and they get posted. These were NEVER meant to advertise/promote/ANYTHING to the membership here. It’s a CAR SITE…I was posting pics of cool CARS. If I tried to make a living off of Marauder exhaust mods I’d go starving. It’s just not what we focus on here. But, I’ll tell you this…there are about a dozen Marauders that we have worked on over the last nearly 2 years. A small dozen….and only the 3 mentioned above who came from out of town off this board. All others have come from the local Southern Marauders…who I unofficially seem to “lead” around here. There is NO financial gain for me to have to be a vendor here. Never was…never will be. But I DID used to enjoy coming here. That has waned for some time around here…I used to read every post in every thread…but with some of the stupidity that has been allowed over sometime (by the very main moderator who has headed up this new purchase)…it’s grown a little tiresome. I’ve tried to continue to contribute things here…but what I get is that I need to contribute financially or I’m not welcome here. In the past…it always seemed that donations were voluntary…I guess that will be one of many changes you “9” plan to make. I’ve said for over 4 years (and used to say to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Logan</st1:place></st1:City>…which he agreed BTW) that there are only 2 REAL values to this site….First and foremost is the content here. Content that has been accumulated by everyone here sharing experiences with their Marauder, developing ideas to further the enjoyment of the Marauder…and I’d like to think…something every now and then that makes you laugh or think. And secondly…it is of value to the site owners who try to attract ad $ from vendors ‘cause there is a willingness to purchase goods through the vendors who spend $ to supposedly cover costs of running the site. That’s it! There is no other equity here! Whatever the 9 of you paid was just for that…nothing more & nothing less.
So there you have it Mac…your favorite…a longwinded post that you can now go through and pick apart. But, do me a favor…go to the store and get yourself a fifth of Jack…’cause you’re going to be busy for a while. I’ll even use your own words mac in addressing the 9 of you….
Y’all go **** yourselves!

Dragcity
10-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Todd,

My e-mail address is jndragcity@yahoo.com

Could you please include me on your new list of "On The Rack".

Sorry I won't find them here.

I have to appoligize, I don't know the name of your business down there in um..... Well, it's most likely south of me....

EDIT: Oh, there's the name of your shop, in someone elses post....

crouse
10-24-2006, 10:50 AM
For $324 per year your are getting all bent out of shape for nothing. Pay the money and let's move.

[quote=SergntMac;434573]

Todd was sent notice on the violations and nothing changed. He was invited to sign up as a supporting vendor, which would have cost him approximately 324.00 for a full year. This would include a banner, and his own forum under his control to use any way he saw fit. He did not respond to any of our invitations, and he did not change any pics.

gpfarrell
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=crouse;434617]For $324 per year your are getting all bent out of shape for nothing. Pay the money and let's move.

I'm always happy to spend money in exchange for value.

Typically, people pay me when I provide value.

Seems to me that TAF has done much more for MM.net than the other way around.

I don't think it's the principal, I think it's the principle.

crouse
10-24-2006, 11:13 AM
I understand that Todd has done a lot for the sight, and we all thank him for that. But where do you draw the line. Let's say another member starts posting pics from his or her business just like Todd and also get's told that you have to become a member in order to do this. TAF is doing this, why can't I. Put yourself in the owners shoes. You have to be consistant in matters like this. Maybe if Todd was a vendor, he might do more business.

DEFYANT
10-24-2006, 11:21 AM
There are more ways to contribute besides sending in cash. If he posts his "On the rack" elsewhere, that is where this sites members will be... could mean a loss in revenue on a larger scale.

I suggest he be "grandfathered" in.

If you tug on every loose thread, soon the fabric will unravel... :(

crouse
10-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Maybe have some type of referral system?

94_302
10-24-2006, 12:11 PM
This is a real shame. Todd does not give out prices, even in a pm. There are two ways to look at his posts.
1. Advertisement of his work
However if that was his intent wouldnt he give out prices in a pm? Or wouldnt he focus more on cars or other vehicles we are likely to have?
2. He is sharing with us as one enthusiast to another unique things he has come across.
I would say #2 is the most likely. How many of us have an old Shelby laying around? Anyone with a Bullitt mustang that has an 04 cobra motor? I know a, 57 Chevy in flawless condition?

Do any of our supporting vendors feel cheated, by Todds posts? How many vendors here would still consider themselves vendors of this site if they did not give any pricing? He is simply sharing pics of unique vehicles that we don't get to see every day. Why is it a violation of the rules to share pics of unique cars with other enthusiasts? I truly hope that this is resolved in a matter that does not rob the community of the On The Rack pics.

Macon Marauder
10-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I have 2 questions:

What vendor does Todd compete with? Is there a sponsoring muffler shop on mm.net that I'm not aware of?

Is there another site where Todd will be posting "On the Rack?"

/O.K. - 3 questions.

Loco1234
10-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Is everyone on the site Advertising when the mention a product they used, like, and suggest....?

I think so.... So everyone shame on ourselfs...... I think the line in the sand must be set...

WE are all on suspension until further notice....
..and I the furture we better be more care about our posts.... Tisk Tisk...

...but seriously I can understand the fact he was warned etc.. and something; some sort of agreement should have been risen.... Id say he can show other cars but not marauders but why if everyone else does should he not be allowed to show a marauder... maybe we can only post our own marauders.... Hmmm What country r we in...?

Im not even sure what to say about this other than I love to log in and she what kind of crazy car was up on the rack today... I never thought it avertising.... at all...
...but if he doesn't want to pay for posting pix then he doesn't want to pay...

Should we ALL pay to be allowed to post pix on this site?

Im just rambling cuz this is just ****ty.... What is happening to our tight nit community.... We used to have new member from other forums making comments all the time have our forum was Warm and Inviting...

WHO FEALS WARM AND INVITED?????

gpfarrell
10-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Hmmm. Seems like there are a number of members with "Join Dates" from long ago who appreciated "On The Rack".

Provided there isn't a competing sponsor that feels TAF is stealing his thunder, is there any hope we could all be friends again? Seems like nobody really minded TAF....

GAMike
10-24-2006, 12:55 PM
It seems every region of the country has key people that keep things alive and interesting............

As a member of MM. Net and a frequent visitor to the Cracker Barrel in Marietta on the 3rd Saturday of every month (Southern Marauders Monthly Breakfast) It's my opinion that Todd (TAF) is one of those people in our group. He puts alot of effort into making the events fun, letting us know about different events to participate in, and is just an all around good guy who does not shove his biz down your throat.

That said, the politics surrounding this issue are really sad. This is not a sandbox filled with someones Tonka Toys, and we are not gullible people who should get caught up in this rule, and that rule :bs: . I mean Todd actually drives a Marauder.

If the sole reason for buying MM.Net was that this could be a "sand box" for people who stand to close to the elevator doors to play in, well that is just petty, and the membership should have been notified as a whole. I think this guy has been around long enough and contributed enough to deserve a little consideration from the new owners of this site. If you evaluate the number of Marauder exhaust installs/money charged since being on this website, its fair to say none of us could live on this for too long. He's here for the genuine camraderie and has been for a long time. So what if every now and again someone has some work done at Grand Muffler.

This is the kind of crap:bs: that goes on on other boards. Not MM.Net.

Lets be classy about this, not trashy.

Best regards,

sspmustang
10-24-2006, 01:01 PM
My first reaction to reading this thread: Is this a joke?
If this is the worst 'infraction' encountered running a site of this size, consider yourself lucky...

O's Fan Rich
10-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Todd... your mailbox seems to be full.....

hitchhiker
10-24-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm not going to sit back and play dumb on this, but I have been delayed by other matters.

I am involved in the decision that yáll speak of. The topic was pending for a while, it's another legacy problem we inherited when purchasing the site. Moreover, failure to address it is unfairness for the remaining paid vendors.

Furthermore, Todd's flaggs and "contributing member"status could not be verified in the records transferred at the sale. We looked everywhere for some contribution from Todd no matter how old, in order to preserve his status. Again, without Todd's help in this, we found nothing. Finally, he was given notice that by the close of business Friday 20 Oct. 2006, he should make amends to his membership status, of the status will revert to that of member-at-large. He did nothing.

The software did it deed, and TAF is an ordinary member again. His PM storage and Gallery storage is automatically adjust accordingly. He was not told to leave and his membership and access is in good standing. He is very welcome to stay, and invited to expand on obviious opportunities, but the free ride is over.

The way I see it, it's only fair. Zack and Mac are paying vendors, and we do very little advertising, no banner, no forum, buy we paid ther same money.

I want to see Todd remain an active member here whether he likes me and my politics or not. (I hail from the Left Coast) I like looking at the nice old classic cars and the intricate custom exhaust applications!

I seriously doubt the issue is money as I am sure that Todd could afford $324 / year if he chose to spend his funds that way. I think the issue may be the way in which he was approached and the tone of the communications.

Todd has been a 'core' contributor of content here for several years that I know of providing a lot of useful information, great pictures of project vehicles, as well as laughs (Todd and Marty show) and lively political discussions when that sort of thing was allowed.

I think the main point here is whether or not a member showing off pics of their projects so that the members can admire classic cars and very very custom exhaust systems has become a 'feature' that draws members to the site for content, or is it an attempt to sell his services without paying to be a vendor.

IMHO, the former is the case.

Personally, I hope the new 'owners' call Todd, straighten this thing out, and urge him to return, pictures and all.

This kind of hostility, if it continues, will drive existing and future vendors away, not attract them.

Additionally, I hope that the new owners are not trying to turn MM.NET into a profit center. Running a site like this is a calling, not an enterprise.

Although good management principles will help keep expenses in line and provide operating revenue, IMHO, Logan did not operate this site to make money, he did it for the car hobby and for those of us who share it with him.

I hope that he has left the site in the hands of folks who will continue his fine work.

I will be sending in another Pay Pal contribution in the future as I try to do my bit to contribute.

Best Regards,

Dave

gpfarrell
10-24-2006, 01:48 PM
I want to see Todd remain an active member here whether he likes me and my politics or not. (I hail from the Left Coast) I like looking at the nice old classic cars and the intricate custom exhaust applications!

I seriously doubt the issue is money as I am sure that Todd could afford $324 / year if he chose to spend his funds that way. I think the issue may be the way in which he was approached and the tone of the communications.

Todd has been a 'core' contributor of content here for several years that I know of providing a lot of useful information, great pictures of project vehicles, as well as laughs (Todd and Marty show) and lively political discussions when that sort of thing was allowed.

I think the main point here is whether or not a member showing off pics of their projects so that the members can admire classic cars and very very custom exhaust systems has become a 'feature' that draws members to the site for content, or is it an attempt to sell his services without paying to be a vendor.

IMHO, the former is the case.

Personally, I hope the new 'owners' call Todd, straighten this thing out, and urge him to return, pictures and all.

This kind of hostility, if it continues, will drive existing and future vendors away, not attract them.

Additionally, I hope that the new owners are not trying to turn MM.NET into a profit center. Running a site like this is a calling, not an enterprise.

Although good management principles will help keep expenses in line and provide operating revenue, IMHO, Logan did not operate this site to make money, he did it for the car hobby and for those of us who share it with him.

I hope that he has left the site in the hands of folks who will continue his fine work.

I will be sending in another Pay Pal contribution in the future as I try to do my bit to contribute.

Best Regards,

Dave

Okay, I hail from the "Right Coast" and find myself wholeheartedly agreeing with Dave. (We might want to note the date, that rarely seems to happen!)

I second the motion to make amends with Todd, straighten this out, pics & all.

Well said Hitchhiker!

AstroVic
10-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Wow....just wow! This is one of the most childish things I've ever seen on an automotive forum.

Todd is in the right here. The admins should be ashamed of themselves for handling this in such an unprofessional manner. (No offense, admins, but it's true!)

I never even remotely considered that Todd was advertising anything. In fact, I always thought he was just an employee of the muffler shop who happened to take some pictures of the cool cars that came and went from the shop. I had no clue he was the OWNER.

And what good would it do him to be a vendor? The magic in his trade is not the mufflers, pipes, and headers - it's the skill in installing and fabricating said items. (I highly doubt I'll be driving 800 miles to Georgia anytime soon to get exhaust work done. How many on this site have? Three members over the course of four years! And that's supposed to support $324 a year in vendor fees? Give me a break! The man would be out of business in two months if he operated like that!)

Todd's contributions to this site as a "non-vendor" probably bring more HITS and MEMBERS to this site than any "vendor." And, if I'm not mistaken, the hits and membership numbers are what really matters when a site is seeking vendors/pricing.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed by this situation and I honestly could live without this site. I only like coming here because I'm a "car guy" in general, and a "Marauder guy" in particular.

The worst part is, I was planning on donating some money to this site because I feel I get some personal enjoyment from this site and I think it's fair to support the upkeep and maintenance of the site. (And I don't even care about extra PM space or any of that crap. I just figured I would donate out of the goodness of my heart.) Now, after seeing how the admins have strong-armed and brow-beat an incredibly valuable member for a measley $324 a year, I don't think I'll be opening my wallet anytime soon. It's sad but true.

Sorry if I offended anyone; I'm not trying to be ugly. I'm simply telling it how I see it. Hopefully I won't get banned for sharing my comments. But, if I *do* get banned, I'm sure I'll survive.

Good day,

Todd in Houston

P.S. How hard would it have been to send him a friendly email and politely ask him to blur the references to his business (banners, etc.) that might be seen in the background of the photographs????

bigslim
10-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Todd, feel free to post the pictures on our site.

Blackened300a
10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Ill miss the "On the Rack" threads. I enjoyed them for the variety of cars that were photographed.
This is a big piece of entertainment being taken away from the site.

DefyantExWife
10-24-2006, 02:12 PM
This situation reminds me of that thread recently where 40% of you voted that mutual respect on this board between admins and members was not required.

Be careful what you ask for ? :dunno:

hitchhiker
10-24-2006, 02:17 PM
This situation reminds me of that thread recently where 40% of you voted that mutual respect on this board between admins and members was not required.

I think that sentiment was about supporting the admins re: keeping a lid on trouble-makers like Logan did, so that the site would not become like some others which I won't mention here at this time.

jimlam56
10-24-2006, 02:18 PM

Well, Mr. Slim, never thought about joining y'all's forum, but this gave me a good reason.
Hope my registration is approved...

Tucker
10-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey, If I have to pay he needs to pay.
Bottom line.
Grandfather my a$$. I had a deal with Logan from the get go to advertise my intakes here with nothing but grief from members and other vendors as soon as I'd post about a SCT or METCO product. Believe me threads were deleted faster then you know and warning PM's went out as if I were 3yrs old.

Funny how the more I'm here the more one way streets I run down...:rolleyes:

Seems foolish not to pay the little cost to keep up the pics. Don't forget all you members here. These sites are paid for by the vendors, not the free membership.
The more PAYING vendors the better the site, the better the site, the more members will come, the more members that come the more vendors that follow........................ .

BTW, $324 per year?? Seems I pay more than that?????????:shake:

Marauderjack
10-24-2006, 02:45 PM
How can innocent photos of old cars and GREAT exhaust work be advertising for business when most of you wouldn't drive to the next town to get parts??:shake:

I have been to Todd's shop FOUR times and the round trip is 10 hours......I got what I wanted in stages as I wanted and would do it again MM.net or not!!:bows:

I love this car and would drive twice the distance to get quality work...END OF STORY!!:cool:

I have a feeling the new "owners" or at least a few of them are simply flexing their muscles.....which is not necessary in this case!!:shake:

As Todd stated before.....He has nothing to sell to the membership except his highly competent service and custom exhaust......NO MAIL ORDERS HERE.....You must go to his shop if you want anything and 95% of you are out of range!!:rolleyes:

I personally will miss his "On The Rack" threads if he doesn't come back!!:(

Good Luck Todd.....I'll see you next trip through Atlanta!!

Marauderjack:bandit:

Big House
10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
MM.net just lost a good thing. Honestly...if this guy was advertising I think he would have been on the up and up about what he was doing. Todd had a lot of respect for not selling on MM.net due to the fact that he had respect for Logan and others. To dump on him because he was showing off what his shop had on the rack is no different than a member posting pictures of stuff they just go in and naming the place where they got it from. That just plain sucks how Todd posting pictures could be misconstrude as advertising.

To the owners, I suppose, since I published pictures of my headers bought from Stainless works constitutes advertisement, since they are not supporting vendors, am I to going to be banned from posting pics. For all the complaining that folks did about Logan's autocratic rule, you guys are just doing it collectively. This is a car site, a great car site. Why screw it up with petty rules that result in nothing more than dis harmony amongst it regulars.

crouse
10-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Amen Jay! Thank you. You hit the nail on the head. These types of web sites are paid for by supporting vendors. Period. Now can we please get back to talking about tires and blowers and yes exhaust system.

Bottom line.
Grandfather my a$$. I had a deal with Logan from the get go to advertise my intakes here with nothing but grief from members and other vendors as soon as I'd post about a SCT or METCO product. Believe me threads were deleted faster then you know and warning PM's went out as if I were 3yrs old.

Seems foolish not to pay the little cost to keep up the pics. Don't forget all you members here. These sites are paid for by the vendors, not the free membership.
The more PAYING vendors the better the site, the better the site, the more members will come, the more members that come the more vendors that follow........................ .

Big House
10-24-2006, 03:11 PM
CHIT YEAH TODD!!!!!!!! come on over.

chapel1
10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Bottom line.

Todd you were promoting your lively-hood which has a automotive tie-in..
Supporting this site should be a good thing. This site depends on donations from all of us. It isn't one man's playground.
The information I obtain from this site is and has been very helpful to me,
and there shouldn't be free pictures of what any of us do for a living...
I hope more of us start understanding there are no free rides.
I contribute to this site so that this site can stay here.
And all of us regular members should too.
Member since June 2002.

Mikeenh
10-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Don't forget....PM's are NOT private :nono:

Big Joe P
10-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I'll contribute $50 towards Todd's Supporting Vendor fee.
I enjoyed reading his posts, I'll make a donation.

jimlam56
10-24-2006, 03:52 PM

I'll second that.
A year of "On the Rack" is worth it to me.

Mike Poore
10-24-2006, 03:53 PM
What on earth is wrong with y'all?
Have you gone crazy?
Todd was NOT kicked off the net, nor was he asked to stop posting the wonderful "On the Rack" photos. Remember, it was me, some time ago, that suggested the On the Rack posts be given their own forum, so as to keep them all together, for us to enjoy. He was asked, to stop posting, what many, including other vendors, consider to be blatant advertising, such as this:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/3/BADMK812.JPG

Please, anyone tell me what this photo has to do with the auto, or the exhaust system, except to show where the work was done? Todd was offered his own forum as a vendor, to be managed by him, for a very reasonable price, I might add, or stop posting photos such as the one above.
We need to administer this site, and have vendor rules, that protect both the vendor, and us.
Please, just cut the crap, what on earth is the point of all this yammering?

Hotrauder
10-24-2006, 03:59 PM

Big Joe, a lot of us would but it isn't about the money, though it might become just that in time. I don't think this is going away any time soon as this is about the people and thier cars. We do not need a site that is not a fun place to be. My interests in my Marauder and the other Marauder owner friends will continue no matter what happens to MM.Net. When respect for the site and the fun being here is gone my donations and attendance here end. I suspect that is true of a great many of us... We do not like this rotten smell at all right now. Please get it togather and fix this, now. Respectfully. Dennis

bigslim
10-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Bottom line.

You can't be any more wrong. I do know that there are quite a few members here that have contributed to this over the years. Yes the vendors do pay for some of the site but the members do too.

Also, Todd was one of the first here and was very instrumental in getting other vendors here that have supported the site as well as getting some fine products out to the MM masses that he didn't recieve a cent for. Todd has never "Pimped" his goods or his shop here.

I guess that everytime I post picture I better make sure it doesn't have a business logo in it.

Mike Poore
10-24-2006, 04:25 PM

Lucky for you, Joe; you were cleverly able to hide the offensive Oldsmobile logo. :rofl:

I love those big coupes, and wish there had been a 2 dr Marauder.

BTW, as I recall, some of those had big block rat motors, up to 455, I think. What's yours got in it?

AstroVic
10-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Please, anyone tell me what this photo has to do with the auto, or the exhaust system, except to show where the work was done?

Honestly? I'll bite...

I think it shows the guy is proud of his handiwork. I've been a car nut my whole life and I've *NEVER* seen an exhaust shop put a tag on their work. It's obvious to me this guy takes pride in what he does. Kudos for it, too.

Who cares if people on this forum know where the work was done? He's not selling anything on this site. How hard is *THAT* to figure out?

It would be totally different if he was selling mail order exhaust components on the sly through PMs, but apparently that hasn't happened, has it?

Give the guy a break. He's one of the "old school" original members on here for Christ's sake!!!

By the way, not to be a crank or anything, but I would respectfully request that an admin please tell us how much (total) money is contributed to this site by the VENDORS....versus how much (total) money is contributed to this site by DONATIONS. Please post by year - 2006, 2005, 2004, etc. I think all of us on here would like to see this information.

Then we'll see for sure who truly supports this site....the members or the vendors.

Todd in Houston

jimlam56
10-24-2006, 04:31 PM
"I think it shows the guy is proud of his handiwork. I've been a car nut my whole life and I've *NEVER* seen an exhaust shop put a tag on their work. It's obvious to me this guy takes pride in what he does. Kudos for it, too."

X2.

sailsmen
10-24-2006, 04:52 PM
I guess that everytime I post picture I better make sure it doesn't have a business logo in it.

Youv'e got the Union in your sig. Are you in violation?

RUSTY
10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
"I think it shows the guy is proud of his handiwork. I've been a car nut my whole life and I've *NEVER* seen an exhaust shop put a tag on their work. It's obvious to me this guy takes pride in what he does. Kudos for it, too."

X2.
X3
He doesn't sell anything on this sight, but he offers free advice and great pictures and some good humour.

martyo
10-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Youv'e got the Union in your sig. Are you in violation?

Judge Rayford: Mr. Kirkland you are out of order!
Arthur Kirkland: You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They're out of order! That man, that sick, crazy, depraved man, ***** and beat that woman there, and he'd like to do it again! It's just a show! It's a show! It's "Let's Make A Deal"! "Let's Make A Deal"! Hey Frank, you wanna "Make A Deal"? I got an insane judge who likes to beat the ***** out of women! Whaddya wanna gimme Frank, 3 weeks probation?
Frank Bowers: DAMMIT

MN6
10-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Wow, and I thought things would have continued on a level playing field after the last "play nice in the sandbox" routine. It seems very shortsighted that the group of 9 has decided to start throwing their weight around, but as they are now the proud owners of the site, they can do as they wish and create their own sandbox. Those of us who don't want to deal with the crap are free to move on. Former Member 357 out.

supa_carrot
10-24-2006, 05:37 PM

Please, anyone tell me what this photo has to do with the auto, or the exhaust system, except to show where the work was done?

That picture, may not have anything in particular to do with an exhaust system, other than being welded onto a piece of piping of someone's exhaust system, but I for one find it freakin' cool. Personally, I will miss his "On the Rack" threads, as they were always interesting usually showing some very antique cars, in pristine condition who's value is out of this world. Even, though some of his pictures had the name of his is shop somewhere in it, I never took this as blatant advertising, just there happened to be a sign in the vicinity of the car, or vehicle on his racks. I really hope all of this will get straightened out, and this forum will still have his "On the Rack" threads, but if not then I guess we will all move on.

HwyCruiser
10-24-2006, 05:49 PM
What a train wreck. Too bad it's turning out this way, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. Old scores.

Tucker
10-24-2006, 05:57 PM
You can't be any more wrong. I do know that there are quite a few members here that have contributed to this over the years. Yes the vendors do pay for some of the site but the members do too.

Also, Todd was one of the first here and was very instrumental in getting other vendors here that have supported the site as well as getting some fine products out to the MM masses that he didn't recieve a cent for. Todd has never "Pimped" his goods or his shop here.

Seeing you want to direct your comments toward me, explain how I'm wrong.
Yes, members contribute, but the monthly payments come from the vendors, that's what keeps the site running. Not the $20 you drop in the bucket at MM VI.
Also, what does being first have to do with anything? What's he got squaters rights? Please dude. He makes money doing exhaust, post pics of his work and has members go to him for work. It's advertising! Just because he has enough smarts not to post prices and request people to come in, doesn't make it right.
I get requests from tons of other forum members to come to there sites, does that mean they get to advertise for free for getting me and others there??

Bottom line is the price is fair and he should pay. End of story.

I'm completely amazed at how rules are rules until it's someone you know or like. They it's - rule book out the window time.

If anything, all of you supporting him should be pi$$ed. He has the golden oppurtunity to support the site you all love and make more money doing it and he flat out refuses. That's loyality all right.:bs:

I look at it like he's leaving all of these site members high and dry.
Why is he better then any of us all?
What makes one thing ok for him and not others?

I still, after 5 pages, have not heard 1 legitamite reason he should be able to not pay.
He's not "pimping" his goods. No? Exhaust shop, pics of exhaust and logo in every shot.
He was here for a long time. Yea, so? You could drink at 18 20 years ago too.
We like his posts. Not even sure what to say about this one.

I went through some ***** here and paid my dues and stayed. I'm here for the JLT customers old and new. He should do the same.
Suck it up, get off that horse and pay the pennies they charge!:bows:

Dennis Reinhart
10-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Yes, members contribute, but the monthly payments come from the vendors, that's what keeps the site running. Not the $20 you drop in the bucket at MM VI.
Also, what does being first have to do with anything? What's he got squaters rights? Please dude. He makes money doing exhaust, post pics of his work and has members go to him for work. It's advertising! Just because he has enough smarts not to post prices and request people to come in, doesn't make it right.
I get requests from tons of other forum members to come to there sites, does that mean they get to advertise for free for getting me and others there??

I'm completely amazed at how rules are rules until it's someone you know or like. They it's - rule book out the window time.

If anything, all of you supporting him should be pi$$ed. He has the golden oppurtunity to support the site you all love and make more money doing it and he flat out refuses. That's loyality all right.:bs:

I still, after 5 pages, have not heard 1 legitamite reason he should be able to not pay.
He's not "pimping" his goods. No? Exhaust shop, pics of exhaust and logo in every shot.

I went through some ***** here and paid my dues and stayed. I'm here for the JLT customers old and new. He should do the same.

Jay it was nice talking to you today, I am a paying vendor as well on this site, I pay a fee every month for the privilege of selling my products to the members here, right now we have approximately 14 paying vendors I was able to speak to 11 of these today, I have sent email to the other three, and EVERY one of the vendors I spoke to, said if a member has a business and is promoting a service or product, on this site then that member should become a paying vendor, I liked the posts to on the rack, I like Todd. I have known him for years and I was in his shop last week with my wife on our way to Indiana. Todd has a muffler shop, he sells exhaust for all kinds of cars including the Marauder. I sell exhaust for the Marauder, George at Kooks sells headers, Lido does some exhaust as well and we all pay our fees every month. So why shouldn't Todd, again ask the other vendors how they feel about this I did. When you become a vendor it has its benefits such as a larger capacity to store your uploaded pictures, as well as a larger PM and email capacity, and Todd had these, but since he does not want to become a vendor his capacities were set to all of the members standard capacity, Todd has over a thousand old PM's he has never deleted, so when the change took place, no new PM's would go through, so members took this as Todd was censored, he was not he just has the same privileges as all of you. Now this is one of the best sites on the Internet, The administration is learning and trying to be fair, all I am asking is understand this and give them a chance, we want the site to be self sustaining and we can do that with vendor fees and donations and raffles, I still pay my vendor fees and still make donations. I hope all of you will to.

AstroVic
10-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Deleted By Astrovic.

bigslim
10-24-2006, 06:28 PM

First off I am sure many here including myself have paid more than the "20 bucks" that you are referring to. You really don't know how much we have contributed over the years. I see that you weren't at the MVIII that was here in Detroit that I and all of the MCM crew busted our butts for. You have not seen the checks sent to Logan over the years to help out this site. You have not been here long enough to have seen all that the "20 dollar" members have put into this site. You should get your facts together first before you speak.

Second, being one of the orginal members should hold some weight here. As was stated before Todd was instrumental in bringing many useful vendors onto this site. If you had been here in the early days you would have seen it.

Third, I had thought about buying some items from you before tonight. Guess what, you just lost me as a future customer. Maybe I will take my "20 dollars" and go else where.

DEFYANT
10-24-2006, 06:31 PM

I think that sentiment was about supporting the admins re: keeping a lid on trouble-makers like Logan did, so that the site would not become like some others which I won't mention here at this time.

That thread was about the heavy handed Moderating and slamming members who simply raise a question or have an opinion.

I can not believe I am about to say this in public, but Lisa is right. 40% of the membership here feel they are Owed Nothing!

Back on topic... Does Ray "The Dealer" pay up? Is he on the way out too? Because that would be a shame also.

This site works just fine! Leave it alone! This is not making it better :shake: .

BTW, I was never influenced by, nor had any intention of having Grand Muffler do any work for me based on those threads.

:depress:

AstroVic
10-24-2006, 06:32 PM
^^^ Sorry, I couldn't help myself. ^^^

mr.continental
10-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Oh man, are you saying that since Mercury does not pay vendors dues, then we should not be able to mention Mercury?

Gee Charlie, I can't believe you said that M word, twice none the less.

Zack
10-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Personally, I dont like Todd, probably never will.
He did buy the shop after being a member for years.
If someone from the SSM (used this cause y'all have the most members) crew bought a Jiffy lube and photographed every Marauder that came through and posted them, would THEY have to pay a fee?
The way I see it, Todd does not have anything on his shelf that carries a Marauder specific part #. He certainly isnt competing against anyone either in the custom exhaust department.
All of the administration are my very good friends. This post is not meant to offend

Blackened300a
10-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Would be ok if we replace the "On the Rack" threads that featured classic cars with new exhaust systems with threads titled "The Rack" where its nothing but boobie pics??

AstroVic
10-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Would be ok if we replace the "On the Rack" threads that featured classic cars with new exhaust systems with threads titled "The Rack" where its nothing but boobie pics??

I'd vote for pics where the boobies are sprawled on TOP of the custom/classic cars.

:beer:

DEFYANT
10-24-2006, 06:45 PM
(Sorry for the sarcasm. Just trying to lighten it up a bit.) :)

I thought that was funny too. Thought I'd help you along there. :beer:

Just a J/K ADMIN

DEFYANT
10-24-2006, 06:47 PM

You got my vote. Though perhaps it was the word "Rack" that started this?

:lol:

Bigdogjim
10-24-2006, 06:49 PM
(Sorry for the sarcasm. Just trying to lighten it up a bit.) :)

I thought that was funny too. Thought I'd help you along there. :beer:

Just a J/K ADMIN
It was "ADMIN" It was me. See you on Sunday.

shakes_26
10-24-2006, 06:52 PM
I have to echo Todd's statements.

Like everyone here I enjoyed the on the rack series of posts, we all got see some really sweet rides roll through, and a few uh.. unmanned and un wheeled items too.

I actually had a long post written and thought out, but I can't match Todd's eloquence and succinct manner.

As a side note, I went to Todd for the exhaust well before the OTR threads started. And I wouldn't drive 1200 miles round trip to get exhaust work done on my car...period. It worked out that I could have it done on my way to MVIII, and my local shop was slammed (one man outfit).

Oh and how does Todd get a forum and banners for $324 a year, and me as a one product little guy no forum no banner was to be charged $50 a month?

I've wasted too much of time on these shenanigans already....

AstroVic
10-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I guess since my post was deleted, I can assume some admins don't have a heart OR a sense of humor.

:beatnik: :censor: :bandit: :censor:

In the words of the infamous Rodney King, "C'mon guys! Can't we all just get along?!"

:banned: :flamer:

Smokie
10-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Just saw this disaster today. Todd is my friend, from the very beginning, he has been a true friend to both Mayra and myself and he makes my trips to Atlanta truly special.

Many of the modifications and refinements that are part of my car today are the result of ground work and research that Todd pioneered. Todd has done far more for me than I have ever done for him. If I am in Atlanta and I have a problem Todd takes care of it.

The only thing Todd has ever asked of me is one thing... prayers for people he loves and care about. The new ownership is also made up of good people, most of them I am very proud to call friend; that is why this mess troubles me deeply.

There is merit on both sides of the argument, but it is being handled very poorly.

I am a nobody here, no authority, nobody special. I am going to say this ONCE for the good of our club. TO THE PARTIES INVOLVED.

FIX THIS, FIX IT PRIVATELY, FIX IT NOW.

AstroVic
10-24-2006, 07:02 PM

Agreed 100%!

Pat
10-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi Ho Bill;

I'm deeply saddened by this latent animosity. I've never been to any of the Maraudervilles but read extensively about the camarderie that people shared and the friendships made.

I'm going to this Marauderville not to show off my immaculate, highly modified and eminently desireable rare Silver Birch 04 Marauder, no siree, but to meet the fantastic people who grace this site with their knowledge, humor, wit and insider trading.

I'm going to spend every minute making acquaintances, maybe friendships and talking about this car.

I'll be there in convoy with bells on.

There will always be a .net site, a Marauderville and squabbling. Over three thousand members say so.

Pat

nomad
10-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Just saw this disaster today. Todd is my friend, from the very beginning, he has been a true friend to both Mayra and myself and he makes my trips to Atlanta truly special.

Many of the modifications and refinements that are part of my car today are the result of ground work and research that Todd pioneered. Todd has done far more for me than I have ever done for him. If I am in Atlanta and I have a problem Todd takes care of it.

The only thing Todd has ever asked of me is one thing... prayers for people he loves and care about. The new ownership is also made up of good people most of them I am very proud to call friend; that is why this mess troubles me deeply.

There is merit on both sides of the argument, but it is being handled very poorly.

I am a nobody here, no authority, nobody special. I am going to say this ONCE for the good of our club. TO THE PARTIES INVOLVED.

At LOOOOONG Last! A post that makes sense.
THANK YOU,Javier!!

gkf100
10-24-2006, 07:04 PM
The "On The Rack" pictures were a positive contribution to the forum, that was enjoyed by most enthusiast.

Todd thanks for the memories.

TAF
10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
First up...
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><o:p></o:p> </P><P><FONT face=Jay...I don’t know you and you don’t know me. But when I read your post earlier...I tried to call you, to no answer so I sent the following email to you. Maybe you haven’t read it yet...so here it is....
<TABLE style="BACKGROUND: white; WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt" cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=white border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="100%">Jay,<o:p></o:p>
We haven't met...I tried to call you but there was no answer (5:45pm). Here's what maybe you don't understand...First...I don't sell anything through the site. No Superchips Tuners (which I carry), No Meg's non-delete/delete tips (which I have in stock), No Magnaflow/Flowmaster mufflers (which I have in stock), No pre-made X-pipes, tailpipes (I have mandrel bending onsite up to 5" ID) Magnaflow High-Flow CATs....nothing. I've never offered anything through the site. And EVERYTIME I was approached by someone through the site...I told them I could not help them 'cause I was not a vendor on the site. Second...you need to also understand that it was ME that worked with Ron Kincaid and offered up my car, actual stock control arms/Watts link,etc....spent several trips over to Metco/Anderson, SC helping them develop the Control Arms, Watts Link and driveshaft loop that you now sell. I never asked for, nor received anything from that from Ron or from you for that matter.<o:p></o:p>
Just thought you'd be enlightened to know.<o:p></o:p>
Todd (TAF)<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Second up....
Dennis...don’t say you like me. I know that you don’t. I haven’t liked you in nearly 3 years when I saw what you did to a certain member here on his transmission putting a painted black stock Mark VIII torque converter when he thought he had a PI Torque Converter installed at your outsourced shop. I t wouldn’t have been found if he wouldn’t have had immediate trouble with your “bullit-proof” transmission he paid for. Yeah...you did end up making it good by getting the actual PI TC that was paid for hurredly shipped into Atlanta and paying for the install...but, what I saw with my own eyes as I was standing there when the painted black “Morris” TC was removed really turned me off. You and I haven’t had a meaningful conversation since and you know it. Early on I sent a BUNCH of business your way...there are 4 year old posts here that I direct people right to you. I never asked for anything in return...nor did I expect anything. But when I saw what I saw with my own eyes (as well as a couple other things I won’t go into here) I never posted a supportive thing about you again.
Yeah...you were in my shop over the past couple weeks. Yeah, I was cordial to you...but you and I both know exactly where each other stands.
And by the way....when you were talking to all those other vendors today...I wonder how many of them were honest enough to admit that it’s kinda weird for you to be part owner of the site and what that may mean to them. ‘Specially those with competitive products. Heck even Jay-boy has SCT tuners and sells Metco stuff like you...wonder what he really thinks.<o:p></o:p>
And now for the good stuff...<o:p></o:p>
Y’all want to know what set me off. Well...since "PMs" aren't actually "PMs"...y’all didn’t think PMs were actually PRIVATE...did you? Heck...even Dennis now knows exactly how many PMs I have in my box??<o:p></o:p>
I thought you'd like to see what actually went down last week that ticked me off.<o:p></o:p>
First you will see...

* the PM (unsolicited) from me offering up something for the Marauderville IV raffle.
* next is the response back and Thanks for the donation and the "Oh BTW..." about becoming a vendor
*then you'll see that I (and I thought graciously) declined and gave reasons why I didn't want to become an "Official Vendor"

TAF
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Last...you'll see the rather demanding PM stating that I either become an "Official Vendor" or contribute something to the site or make an immediate donation to the site if you (I) don't want to be a Vendor.

Let me state right now...I’d never sent any $ to Logan....he never asked me for any $. But, as I stated earlier...he was always clear to me how much he appreciated what I had brought to the community here.
I thought donations were not mandatory...

Y'all tell me what you think. If the majority here feels I’m out of line being ticked-off...I’ll gladly be on my way.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><o:p></o:p>
<font size=" /><o:p></o:p>

PM To Mary:

Titled.... Even though I'm not a Vendor....
I'll offer up for your Raffle the choice of either 2 Magnaflow mufflers or Flowmaster mufflers to a winning ticket. I'll pay shipping of the mufflers to them...or if they want to come by the shop...we'll install them for no charge.

If you want something like this, Mary. Just let me know.<o:p></o:p>
Mary’s Response:<o:p></o:p>
Hi Todd,

What a great offer! Thank you so much! Do you want to state which models of the mufflers the choices are?

Speaking of vendors, I'd love to get you fully on board as a vendor. Have your own forum for those great threads and also to share your and your shop's expertise on exhausts. You do primo work and have a very respectable reputation among the members.

We're actually looking to scale the vendor fees, so someone like yourself that offers exhausts and installs would come in at the $30 a month level. Vendors that sell more products will be scaled higher, at $50 and $75 a month, with prepayment discounts on all three levels.

Please give it some serious consideration. I'd be glad to send you the pricing sheet via email, which you'll have to update me with your latest.

My response to Mary saying I don't want to be a Vendor...

As for the mufflers...they would be "winner's choice"...either the Flowmaster (40 Series, Delta Flow, Super-40, 50 Series) or the 18" Magnaflow...If I'm shipping to the winner...I'll be glad to guide them through whichever is the appropriate offset/inlet-outlet, etc.

As for being an "Official Sponsor/Vendor" of the site...to be honest...(and I hope you already know this) I don't and have never solicited business through the site. I've always been clear with everyone who has inquired on this. And since I'm not in the (make up X-pipes and ship them out) kinda biz...there really isn't too much here for me biz-wise. If someone happens to show up at my shop...I'm glad to help...and have ALWAYS given a VERY HEALTHY discount to any board members. So...I'll say that I'll think about it...but, it probably is not "in the cards" for me here. I've supported the site in the past, and will continue to do so. I'm the one that brought on Metco and Car Motorsports as sponsors to the site as vendors, which I know that Logan appreciated.

I also have too much fun on the site with stuff...and being an "Official Vendor"....I'd have to play another "role" which I'd get bored with real quick.

BTW...Retail value of what I've offered up as mufflers (in case you want to list it) is nearly $300 (if I install them for free on their way home from MVIV, etc. would be much more.

I hope you see where I'm coming from.

From Mary (and I assume the rest of the other "8")

Hi Todd,

I tried emailing this but hotmail rejected it.

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
To: Marauder03@comcast.net (Marauder03@comcast.net)
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:15:32 +0000

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
toddalanfisher@hotmail.com (toddalanfisher@hotmail.com)

Have you made your decision yet on becoming a vendor? If I don't hear from you by the close of business tomorrow (Friday, Oct. 20), I will assume you have chosen not to become a silver level vendor.

I see, as a hold over from Logan, that you are listed as a "contributing member," but we have no records of your financial contributions. While the membership may appreciate your "On The Rack" threads, the threads and pictures are still a form of advertising, espcecially with the business name prominently displayed at times. If you choose not to become a vendor, your next option to continue with your "On The Rack" threads, is to renew as a "contributing member" via a new monetary donation to the website. For those threads to remain, becoming a "contributing member" will allow you to maintain your "On The Rack" threads, as well as maintaining your PMs and Gallery space. Any and all references to Grand Muffler, including pictures, text, customer testimony and phone numbers, will be deleted and are in direct violation of Vendor Rules.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/announcement.php?f=2 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/announcement.php?f=2)

Of course as a silver vendor, any and all mention of Grand Muffler, is acceptable advertising, in addition to banner advertising and a forum if you choose.

I also wear another hat, as you know, and am part of the MVIV planning team. Thanks again for your donation to the raffle that supports our efforts for this year's national event. However, this donation does not directly support MM.Net and therefor cannot be considered as a donation in lieu of official vendor status.

Please let me know of your decision by tomorrow. We appreciate your support.

Thanks

Mary

THERE WAS NO "WARNING" as was earlier stated by Mac that certain pics needed to be removed. There was no "other vendors don't like blah, blah, blah..." Just pay up.

SO LET ME STATE THIS ONE LAST TIME.....<o:p></o:p>
I HAVE NEVER SOLICITED BUSINESS THROUGH THIS SITE. ANYONE WHO CONTACTED ME GOT THE SAME ANSWER WHETHER THEY WANTED AN EXHAUST SYSTEM, A GOOD PRICE ON MUFFLERS, ANYTHING. THOSE OF YOU WHO CONTACTED ME CAN ATTEST TO THIS. I ALWAYS SAID “I AM NOT A VENDOR OF THE SITE, & OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE SITE AND FOR LOGAN, I DON’T SOLICIT BUSINESS THROUGH THE SITE”<o:p></o:p>

So...y’all decide what you want to decide....<o:p></o:p>
I’m blowin’ this Popsicle stand....<o:p></o:p>

2003 MIB
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM
I am a nobody here, no authority, nobody special.

Not in my book, Brother...Thanks for posting.:beer:

TAF
10-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Before i leave...I want to thank all those that have appreciated what I've been here.

And Zack...you and I will never get along...but, I appreciate your honesty.

BUCKWHEAT
10-24-2006, 07:25 PM
fix This, Fix It Privately, Fix It Now.[/quote]

Peter
10-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Before i leave...I want to thank all those that have appreciated what I've been here.

And Zack...you and I will never get along...but, I appreciate your honesty.
Such a shame to see an veteran member of this forum leave, after something so silly.
Didn’t Mercury get free advertising from this website in ‘03 and ‘04 so why complain.

2003 MIB
10-24-2006, 07:34 PM
"Y'all tell me what you think. If the majority here feels I’m out of line being ticked-off...I’ll gladly be on my way."

I don't know who's 100% out of line or who's 100% right. I've been lucky enough over the years to have met and hung out with most of the "9" and TAF. Can't say enough nice things about all of them. I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't want you to leave, Todd. I want y'all all to work it out. If that can't happen- we've lost something here.:depress:

bigslim
10-24-2006, 07:37 PM
"Y'all tell me what you think. If the majority here feels I’m out of line being ticked-off...I’ll gladly be on my way."

I don't know who's 100% out of line or who's 100% right. I've been lucky enough over the years to have met and hung out with most of the "9" and TAF. Can't say enough nice things about all of them. I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't want you to leave, Todd. I want y'all all to work it out. If that can't happen- we've lost something here.:depress:

I have a feeling there will be more losses.

BruteForce
Kinda funny with all the fur flying over here no one's noticed that you've got RockBlocker (not a vendor) holding court about his protective lens cover kits several posts down. :rolleyes:

I hope you stay Todd. Vendor or not. On the Rack or not.

TooManyFords
I may be going out on a limb, but here's the deal...

I'll buy MM.NET from the current 9 for the price they paid for it, in full by the end of the week. I'll correct the problems and get this train back on the tracks. I'll remove vendor fees, open the system up and run it all out of my pocket.

I'll leave a "tip" jar on the counter in case anyone feels the need.

You see, I made my first million by GIVING software away. It used to be called SHAREWARE. I never required anyone to pay anything. I encouraged everyone to give a copy to their friend. And you know what? It worked!

I'll make MM.NET Shareware. I'll make everyone happy again.

No hidden agendas, just friends.

You can PM me your offer.

john

MI2QWK4U
10-24-2006, 07:47 PM

I'll buy MM.NET from the current 9 for the price they paid for it, in full by the end of the week. I'll correct the problems and get this train back on the tracks. I'll remove vendor fees, open the system up and run it all out of my pocket.

You see, I made my first million by GIVING software away. It used to be called SHAREWARE. I never required anyone to pay anything. I encouraged everyone to give a copy to their friend. And you know what? It worked!

john

Thats a generous offer. I have to support anyone that makes an offer like thatl I will be the first in line for your tip jar John.

KillJoy
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Okay...I made it to page 4 of 8 before I had to reply to this thread.

Where to start???

First, from what I can tell, the new administration does not have a problem w/ TAF posting pictures. They DO have a problem when the pictures contain his company logo's and name. The simple solution, do not post pictures with these things.

Second, if Todd never posted his company or name, just said he was the "Exhaust Guy" would anyone know who Grand Muffler is? His name being posted IS advertising, wether it is intentional or not.

I do agree w/ the new admin. Todd's posting of pics THAT CONTAIN HIS COMPANY OR NAME should not occur unless he has a Vendor Status. It is simply not fair to the Supporting Vendors.

KillJoy

PS - Why are so many here who do not understand this the same one's who are not contributing members?

bigslim
10-24-2006, 07:57 PM

john
Wow John, you just went way up in my book. You have made the classiest move I have ever seen on this site. I too would put something in your tip jar.

RR|Suki
10-24-2006, 07:58 PM

Where to start???

First, from what I can tell, the new administration does not have a problem w/ TAF posting pictures. They DO have a problem when the pictures contain his company logo's and name. The simple solution, do not post pictures with these things.

Second, if Todd never posted his company or name, just said he was the "Exhaust Guy" would anyone know who Grand Muffler is? His name being posted IS advertising, wether it is intentional or not.

I do agree w/ the new admin. Todd's posting of pics THAT CONTAIN HIS COMPANY OR NAME should not occur unless he has a Vendor Status. It is simply not fair to the Supporting Vendors.

KillJoy

PS - Why are so many here who do not understand this the same one's who are not contributing members?

Maybe you should read Todd's post on page 7...

RR|Suki
10-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Wow John, you just went way up in my book. You have made the classiest move I have ever seen on this site. I too would put something in your tip jar.

+1 ... oh and you should adopt me :D

bigslim
10-24-2006, 07:59 PM

Where to start???

KillJoy

I don't understand and even have one more flag than you do.

Bill Lalk
10-24-2006, 08:06 PM
You guys can blame this whole ordeal on me. My middle name is Murphy. I was enjoying this site for about a year now, then decided a few weeks ago to make a small contribution............well, sorry. I wish I could take it back. I have a feeling she's headed down the drain.

KillJoy
10-24-2006, 08:07 PM
have one more flag than you do.

That just means you have posted more than me :D

KillJoy

crouse
10-24-2006, 08:07 PM
What do the stars mean?

kj31067
10-24-2006, 08:09 PM
i am having a tough time comprehending the business strategy behind the moves of the last week or two.....i havent been around that long ,but i felt an almost immediate attraction to this site when i joined.. ever since the "thanks for the fish" thread , i have felt this site has been spinning clockwise down (or counter-clockwise depending on your hemisphere) the proverbial toilet... i dont get it..
too many changes too fast........we are still reeling from logans departure .christ, let the waves settle a little before you lay down the law for the new regime.....first we have mac s " my ball , my yard" routine for which i have still missed the apology i think the whole collective is due and now todd is on the spit....wtf ? the man was here probably before half of the new owners..(no research on that one, so fire away if i m wrong) .. he obviously had no monetary intentions in his ''on the rack'' series other than to share cool cars...i m getting the impression todd was doing a-ok financially
and didnt need to hustle back door deals through this site to eat..
i think his work speaks for itself and the man responsilble for it...
i'm seriously beginning to wonder if this is less about uniform compliance and more about $$$$$$$$$$... imho, the new owners of this site need to let the waves settle, however long that might take, and then slowly infuse changes and new ideas as well as deal with issues that they feel need attention....if i am out of line in
in an admin's opinon , do what you have to do....but at least take some advice.........

KillJoy
10-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Stars / Flags are post indicators. Every so many posts, another gets added.

You get a flag if you have contributed.

Do a SEARCH for Flags and Stars. It will help you out ;)

KillJoy

kj31067
10-24-2006, 08:15 PM

john

where is the damn jar???? a little drama peaks your interest, this much sucks!!!!!!!!!!

mr.continental
10-24-2006, 08:20 PM
If somebody posts a link to an ebay auction, a car for sale on Autotrader.com, etc, are they in violation of the rules?

Zack
10-24-2006, 08:23 PM
We need to have a status bar stating when the most member viewed this thread and at what time.
Currently there are 22 members and 1 guest.

Breadfan
10-24-2006, 08:33 PM
This situation needs to be worked out and at this point worked out between the site management and Todd. Todd I very much hope you do not leave. I can see the logic on BOTH sides of the argument, and can see some faults in both sets of logic.

As for the site management, there needs to be a direction change to promote two major things that will breed forum success: leadership and community.

Do not mistake my words as offensive, they are merely factual based on where I sit and perhaps are somewhat subjective - but it's hard to deny that right now the general feelings in this as well as a number of other threads are not that of a healthy community.

In defense of the administration you are in a tough spot by taking the reigns but in my opinion you need to adjust the method in which problems are handled becuase right now many of the solutions are having a negative effect on the community. Do not get angry or upset at my comments, drop those feelings and step back, look at this thread as well as others from the last week or so - I'm not pointing out faults, just looking around and stating what is clearly visible.

In terms of this particular issue, with both sound and potentially faulty logic on both sides it stands to reason that an equitable solution can be found through compromise, discussion, and dropping the negative aura that currently surrounds this situation.

I hope you all reach a solution that provides the betterment of the MM.net community - I'm sure you will endeavor to do so as this is your new found responsibility as site owners. Yes, you might call me selfish in that respect.

DEFYANT
10-24-2006, 08:34 PM

john

:eek: Wow indeed!

That sure would clear up alot of this crap. And MM.net would be in safe hands too.

txmarauder
10-24-2006, 08:40 PM

john

You are the kind of person this world needs more of. Forums in my opinion are not to be money makers, but to bring people together for a common goal. In our case to make the Marauder the best it can be. All contributions by vendors or members should be put back into the site or used for goods in raffles or to fund shows or get togethers. This site was profitable or it would not have been SOLD and PURCHASED. I dont see them selling the site to you, or anyone. I dont know anything about setting up a site or running it but i would help you anyway i can to start another MM site and keep it non profit. I am not a site contributing member but i have bought over $8k worth of parts from vendors on here so i think i am a contributor in some way.

Big House
10-24-2006, 08:47 PM
First John, thank you for the countless shareware games I played in college. Second, thank you for being an upstanding gentleman with your offer. With that, I haven't been a contributing member, but you make the buy and I am tippin'.

john

glassman99
10-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Boy am I glad I got Grand Mufflers (can I say that?) to do my exhaust. MOST of you in Florida will be a eatin it at Marauderville (at least those who finally decide to amble in to Gainesville).

The way this thread is going, this might be the last (Marauderville that is). GREAT EXHAUST Todd!! Even though I was one of the "Breakfast Bunch" in Atlanta, I never got a quote from you on line...I had to travel 70 miles to get it. Vendor or not this whole thread is B.S. and will lead to the degeneration of this forum if not checked soon.

TooManyFords
10-24-2006, 08:53 PM
First John, thank you for the countless shareware games I played in college. Second, thank you for being an upstanding gentleman with your offer. With that, I haven't been a contributing member, but you make the buy and I am tippin'.

[Blush]

I didn't write all those shareware games, I wrote the BBS software and the communications program (Qmodem) that let you download all those games!

I was also one of the first sites to network BBS's together... Sort of like, what's the word I'm looking for? Intarweb? No, I think it is the Internet.

I'm signing off for the night, so maybe there will be an offer in my mailbox in the morning.

I would usually say "Cheers" here, but tonight I just hope for sanity.

"Visualize Whirled Peas"

john

the_pack_rat
10-24-2006, 09:08 PM
I never saw any issues with the on the rack postings, I like most(or so it seems) enjoyed them.

I also never ever felt or got even the slightest of impressions ...

That Todd was trying to weasel any business out of the members here with those postings. I looked at it as him simply sharing vehicles we might enjoy looking at(it is safe to say most of us here are "car people" right ?). So some of those pics include some exhaust system shots. Last time I checked ... there is no full-fledged Midas - Meineke or "Joe Blows" exhaust shops here as vendors anyway.

I usually try to stay out of this kind of stuff ...

But this has got to be one of the biggest train wrecks I have ever seen here.

CRUZTAKER
10-24-2006, 09:39 PM
I told myself one post was enough....but unfortunately there are too many unfounded statements being thrown out that directly influence the newer members that have no clue as to what is real, and what is reality.

Looks like at least 3 of the 9 liked what Todd used to do... Ok, which 5 were butt heads and just couldn't leave well enough alone?

I did indeed like what he posted. I just didn't think the one per post pic of the Business banner was fair to the paying advertisers.

Not to mention a very generous contribution to MMIV...

Indeed very generous. Generous to the MV4 staff. Not to the MM.NET site.
Many of us bought raffle tickets to raise money for MV4. I did. That donation has NOTHING to do with MM.NET staus.

If Todd doesn't get to post On The Rack, then I'll pull all the ProRauder pictures and thread posts too and find a new home to WHORE my pictures.

Your'e still missing the point John. Why continue to punish the masses as Tod has chosen to do? Did you choose to have a banner in your pics that referred to FRIELTEC so and so Industustries in so and so city and address...?
No. You did not. Why didn't you do that?

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed by this situation and I honestly could live without this site. .... I just figured I would donate out of the goodness of my heart.)

This is apparent. A vast percentage of the folks that have a misunderstanding have NEVER contributed to the site. The flags tell the story, and weigh a lot on the reply in my opinion.

P.S. How hard would it have been to send him a friendly email and politely ask him to blur the references to his business (banners, etc.) that might be seen in the background of the photographs????

We did. I did.
He chose to leave rather than do so. The pics are still online. No one with buttons ever deleted the offending pics. Those pics will remain forever unless Todd himself chooses to remove them. I personally was waiting to see another ON THE RACK thread with CAR pics, and CAR pics alone.

This is a big piece of entertainment being taken away from the site.

Thanks Tod.:shake:

As Todd stated before.....He has nothing to sell to the membership except his highly competent service and custom exhaust......NO MAIL ORDERS HERE.....You must go to his shop if you want anything and 95% of you are out of range!!:rolleyes:

Exactly. And how would we know that if it weren't advertised HERE?

.... is no different than a member posting pictures of stuff they just go in and naming the place where they got it from.

Logan deleted any clear violation of posting the name and location of a vendor that did performance work and was a not a vendor on this site. Ask me me how I know. Go to page six of the Buckeye forums, near the bottom, and you will see a thread he deleted by me where all I did was mention a source in OHIO that would install our upgrades we bought from vendors here.
You can't read the dialogue however....he LOCKED the thread because I posted the NAME of the business. The rules WERE ALWAYS IN PLACE. Even I had a hard time understanding. Tell you what....much to the dismay of my leader...I will unlock the post tomorrow...and you can see how innocent the post was. No where NEAR posting pics of the guys shop name and banner.

To the owners, I suppose, since I published pictures of my headers bought from Stainless works constitutes advertisement, since they are not supporting vendors, .....

They pay the bill as they are required. Sorry you are unaware.;)

Todd was NOT kicked off the net, nor was he asked to stop posting the wonderful "On the Rack" photos. ..... He was asked, to stop posting, what many, including other vendors, consider to be blatant advertising, such as this:

Unfortunately, many folks will never GET this.

40% of the membership here feel they are Owed Nothing!

A similar statistic shows the same amount of folks that do not support this site with donations in any way.

Back on topic... Does Ray "The Dealer" pay up? Is he on the way out too?

Ray owns a business. He also plays by the rules. He also offers ALL of his part at wholesale, negating all profit to our members. It is comments like this that make it clear that you are no longer asking genuine questions, but merely TRYING to cause problems for your own benefit.

BTW, I was never influenced by, nor had any intention of having Grand Muffler do any work for me based on those threads.

The several thousand other views and guests might say otherwise.

Oh and how does Todd get a forum and banners for $324 a year, and me as a one product little guy no forum no banner was to be charged $50 a month?

Perhaps some of us really DID value his presence and wanted to see it go to the next level?

.... no one's noticed that you've got RockBlocker (not a vendor) holding court about his protective lens cover kits several posts down. :rolleyes:

Apparently he IS a paid vendor. Who knew? ;)
Even I had to research this one.

Unfortunately, Tod made his decision. This is a done deal. Unless he decides to take up Marty, Joe, and others offer to run a forum for him....he has made up his mind.

I' personally would like to see Todd come back, show us all what he can really do, and drive on.

BTW: Thanks Donny.
You ARE the man. :up:

Donny Carlson
10-24-2006, 09:55 PM
BTW: Thanks Donny. You ARE the man. :up:

Sorry Barry. Ass/alligators. I get it. Didn't intend to kick the hive down your shorts. :o

Am I still your favorite? :)

AstroVic
10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
I never did anything to attack you or this site, and I definitely don't appreciate you coming on here and calling me names. If you found my attempt at humor to be lame, then say so, but calling me names will not serve you well.

CRUZTAKER
10-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Sorry Barry. Ass/alligators. I get it. Didn't intend to kick the hive down your shorts. :o

Am I still your favorite? :)

Absolutely!
....bastid...

.... but calling me names will not serve you well.

Indeed I did. We're ok however...hopefully.

Mike M
10-24-2006, 11:38 PM
I am really amazed that people don't like other people on this site, well maybe not "really". I come on this site and love it and never found a reason to hate or dislike anyone...maybe that guy that was trying to sell the stupid pills you would put into your gas tank and then it would boost your mileage...he was a jerk but I don't think I hated him. Anyway back to the matter at hand, I really loved the great pictures of the cool cars on his lifts and really liked his exhaust work. He seemed like a nice guy and he never tried to sell me anything. To be fair the new owners of this site all seem like very nice people and I never had any problems with them as well. I did get a message saying "my access to the paid forums are about to expire" and my access is about to be removed. I have no idea what that meant, no biggy.
After 2 years of planning and building my brand new Mobil 1 Lube Express and hand car wash and detail center it is about to open this weekend here in Anthem, Arizona. I am very proud of this shop and consider it to be one of the prettiest waiting room/shops going and was about to post pictures this weekend of the shop here in one of the forums but wouldn't you know this all had to boil over and now I find myself a little afraid to post the pictures. I must say this is the first time I felt a little weird on this site. I have been a member since late 2002 (I think) and I don't remember anything like this happening before although my memory is not too good, maybe that’s why I am so happy...I forget allot of bad things.

TooManyFords, I had a BBS in about 1986. I think it was Qmodem and also Wildcat was another big one. Remember Zmodem-Ymodem-Ymodem-g....brings back allot of memories.

Tucker
10-25-2006, 03:38 AM
First off I am sure many here including myself have paid more than the "20 bucks" that you are referring to. You really don't know how much we have contributed over the years. I see that you weren't at the MVIII that was here in Detroit that I and all of the MCM crew busted our butts for. You have not seen the checks sent to Logan over the years to help out this site. You have not been here long enough to have seen all that the "20 dollar" members have put into this site. You should get your facts together first before you speak.

Second, being one of the orginal members should hold some weight here. As was stated before Todd was instrumental in bringing many useful vendors onto this site. If you had been here in the early days you would have seen it.

Third, I had thought about buying some items from you before tonight. Guess what, you just lost me as a future customer. Maybe I will take my "20 dollars" and go else where.
1) Your not getting the point. $20 was a number. My dues as a vendor are $600 per year. That's what I'm getting at.
No I wasn't at M'ville, I don't own one and only sold 1 part for them, so it didn't make sence. BUT I did donate a kit for the show for the past 2-3 years on top of my dues.

2)If he's a original member he should have the loyality to pay the minor fee and help out like the rest of us. Why is this so hard to understand??

3) Please, don't play the "I should watch out or I won't get your buisness" crap. I never have and never will suck up for a sale. If you like what I sell and like my prices, then great. If you want me to bend over forward and go against what's right, then forget it. Keep your $20.

TAF, I haven't been to the shop yet, so no I haven't read your email.
It's great you helped METCO with your car and have been here for some time now, but I still think you should help the site. WITH YOUR POSTS AND MONEY. You should have enough friends and loyality here to do such things.
I have a few sites I pay every month that I KNOW don't bring me sales, but you know what? I know that $30 or what ever helps that site run and it's the car guys I know personally.

Sometimes it's not a free ride or a sale, but to help out. The site needs to have rules and they help us all. Start bending the rules because of this or that and it's kaos.

Think about the sales increase you'd have form the small payment here.

Done!

bigslim
10-25-2006, 03:56 AM
1) Your not getting the point. $20 was a number. My dues as a vendor are $600 per year. That's what I'm getting at.
No I wasn't at M'ville, I don't own one and only sold 1 part for them, so it didn't make sence. BUT I did donate a kit for the show for the past 2-3 years on top of my dues.

2)If he's a original member he should have the loyality to pay the minor fee and help out like the rest of us. Why is this so hard to understand??

3) Please, don't play the "I should watch out or I won't get your buisness" crap. I never have and never will suck up for a sale. If you like what I sell and like my prices, then great. If you want me to bend over forward and go against what's right, then forget it. Keep your $20.

TAF, I haven't been to the shop yet, so no I haven't read your email.
It's great you helped METCO with your car and have been here for some time now, but I still think you should help the site. WITH YOUR POSTS AND MONEY. You should have enough friends and loyality here to do such things.
I have a few sites I pay every month that I KNOW don't bring me sales, but you know what? I know that $30 or what ever helps that site run and it's the car guys I know personally.

Sometimes it's not a free ride or a sale, but to help out. The site needs to have rules and they help us all. Start bending the rules because of this or that and it's kaos.

Think about the sales increase you'd have form the small payment here.

Done!
I see why you have only sold one part for the MM. There is a vendor here that had a similar attitude as you towards customers and it was hurting his business. That vendor has changed his way of business and now is doing better than ever. Maybe that's what you need to do.

I am not here to debate you, I'm here to say that we lost a very valued member. I have never met Todd but I still feel there is a friendship with him through some of the potshots we have taken at each other over the years. I appreciate what he has bring to this site and really hate to him go.

I will say one last thing, this site has changed.

prchrman
10-25-2006, 03:57 AM
good people...Marauder...good people...Marauder...good people...Marauder...some times you need to just push back, look and think...this might be a good time for everyone to cool their heels and rest their fingers...willie

Tucker
10-25-2006, 04:14 AM
I see why you have only sold one part for the MM. There is a vendor here that had a similar attitude as you towards customers and it was hurting his business. That vendor has changed his way of business and now is doing better than ever. Maybe that's what you need to do.
I only had 1 part bigslim untill becoming a dealer for SCT and Metco.
JLT is in the intake buisness, not the full out retail parts buisness.

Funny, JLT Marauder kits sell everyday.:D
No debate here, just getting the facts straight.

And your wrong, the site hasn't changed. It's been like this all along, just in reverse. Meaning it always went the members way and the vendors got the beat down. Now, someone or someones is seeing it clearly and making corrections.
Soon the clouds will disapate and things will run smooth.
Give it a few days.

FordNut
10-25-2006, 05:16 AM
[Blush]

I was also one of the first sites to network BBS's together... Sort of like, what's the word I'm looking for? Intarweb? No, I think it is the Internet.

john

And I thought Al Gore invented the Internet...

Macon Marauder
10-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Does anyone else hear that flushing sound?

Zack
10-25-2006, 05:56 AM
You sir should also be ashamed of your self. Talking about being two sided, Don't people on this site go over to the west coast of Florida and get their Trilogy S/C installed their and dont' you Charge $1000 per install. You make money off this site, it members and don't pay a vendor fee. Why is that? This whole thing should be cleared up for the good of the site and their members. I'm sure their is some way it can be fixed where both side's can come to a agreement.

You ARE joking, right?

martyo
10-25-2006, 06:02 AM
Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!

http://mandeestock.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/anarchy.jpg.w300h300.jpg

Brutus
10-25-2006, 06:02 AM
How about starting a poll?

Haggis
10-25-2006, 06:04 AM
I will say one last thing, this site has changed.

I disagree, the site has not changed the members have. Just because some members have issues with certain new owners of the MM.net they want it to blow up in their (the '9') faces.

Yes some of the 9 have been controversially in the past with other members here and a lot of it has been B.S. on both sides.

This is a great site and has been for a long time and can continue to do so for a long time to come, if we can pull together as a group. With any change of mangement their are going to be a few disgruntled members and they will ***** about this and that. The trouble makers will either quiet down for a while until the next issue or will end up leaving. While the core group will become stronger and strive to make it a better place.

Logan is gone now and I am sure he is lurking and getting a good laugh out of this. But, he is gone and so is his way of doing business. Just because he let somethings slide under the table does not mean the '9' have to do the same. Same MM.net just new mangement. As I have said in the past with my greetings to new members: "Welcome to the Collective, resistance to moding is futile. You will be assimalited." Well time to change it to: Welcome to the new Collective, resistance is futile. You will assimilated or you have the freedom to leave.

Remember no one is forcing anyone to be here we all have a choice. I for one do not want to see Tod leave, he has helped me in the past, but that is his choice. I also do not see a problem with the '9' asking him to leave out the 'Grand Muffler' signs from his pics. I will miss the 'On the Rack' threads and Tod's input to MM.net, but I also do not feel the '9' were out of line.

Tod, good luck to you in your future.

The '9', good luck to all of you and thanks for keeping the lights on.

duhtroll
10-25-2006, 06:11 AM
Here ya go!

Uh, that's one bill, not two. Daddy needs a dynotune. :) I won't even include my "specimen" like on the sample! Er, the pic. :lol:

2003 MIB
10-25-2006, 06:16 AM
Logan is gone now and I am sure he is lurking and getting a good laugh out of this.

I'm 98% sure of this. :lol:

FordNut
10-25-2006, 06:16 AM
I knew this thread was gonna end up with some members getting so worked up they would be banned.

TAF
10-25-2006, 06:23 AM
I also do not see a problem with the '9' asking him to leave out the 'Grand Muffler' signs from his pics. I will miss the 'On the Rack' threads and Tod's input to MM.net, but I also do not feel the '9' were out of line.

Gordon....that's ^^^ the problem. please go back and read carefully the unedited PM exchange i posted up. I was NEVER asked to leave out Grand Muffler signs from pics. Read the PMs...those are the exact words used. What I read was an immediate search for $...I'm guessing for a quicker ROI. And after Barry's lengthy, multi-quote post above (which is completely untrue) I went back and searched the words "On the rack" as thread-starter words. I found nearly 3 hundred pics of various cars....and 4 of those either happened to be of the badge on the exhaust, my sign out front, or the Big Yellow truck. That's it! And...until this thread...I NEVER thought of it. NEVER crossed my mind. Go do the same search yourself...scroll through those threads and let me know if you find "1 pic in every thread showing my logo". I'd dare say you will come to the same conclusion.

Tod, good luck to you in your future..

Thanks!

My future's so bright....I gotta wear shades. ;)

Loco1234
10-25-2006, 06:23 AM
Wow this site is morphing....

Im not sure to expect a butterfly or a ????

it is terrible to see such situations.....

and "TooManyFords" not only was your offer generous and stand up its really not the best thing to have 2 changes over power in such a short period of time... lets see what the new owner will to solve this quietly cause eveyone pretty much agrees we enjoy his post and advice... Even if its calling us stupid or somehing... Then he gives us good sound corrective advice...

Oh P.s. i started with my first computer with Qmodem... No **** thats awesome... I never would have known...

To the "9"
Fix It it quick and quietly... this is turning into a huge public trial....

LOL everytime I think "of the 9" I think of star trek... (seven of nine) LOL

ADMIN
10-25-2006, 06:28 AM
I am pleased to announce that a member has stepped forward and has paid Todd's (TAF) contributing membership fee for the next year. This will allow the "On The Rack" threads to continue, if Todd so chooses. Any mention or image of Grand Muffler is considered a violation of vendor rules. Todd, if you'd like to personally thank this member, please contact us for the name.

Haggis
10-25-2006, 06:30 AM
I am pleased to announce that a member has stepped forward and has paid Todd's (TAF) contributing membership fee for the next year. This will allow the "On The Rack" threads to continue, if Todd so chooses. Any mention or image of Grand Muffler is considered a violation of vendor rules. Todd, if you'd like to personally thank this member, please contact us for the name.

Now please close this Thread it has served its purpose. (Poor choice of words.)

Has ran its course. (better)

Bradley G
10-25-2006, 06:42 AM
No way! :chicken:
Now please close this Thread it has served its purpose.

MarauderTJA
10-25-2006, 06:44 AM

john

That is a deal that shouldn't be refused. :bows: I'm impressed John. Talk about stepping up to the plate:up:

MarauderTJA
10-25-2006, 06:53 AM
If profit is derived by any person or business on MM.net they should be a vendor.

Cobra25
10-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Sound's good & fair to me.
If profit is derived by any person or business on MM.net they should be a vendor.

Loco1234
10-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Hmm that was nice of someone...but is it even gonna make a difference.....

martyo
10-25-2006, 07:35 AM
This whole things makes me scared to sell fender badges. So, if you got 'em figure teh price on e-bay for them just skyrocketed!

magindat
10-25-2006, 07:44 AM

Doesn't that completely negate the classifieds section?!

I have a made a buck or two (barely) sharing ideas and extra materials left over from my own projects. I've sold a couple of left over parts. Do I have to be a vendor? (Although if you count labor time, I'm in the hole!)

What about:
Zack and his grilles?
Cruzer and his armrest?

I intend no flames for these guys. I just wonder what's the difference? If there are going to be such strict rules, how could we possibly share some of the great stuff we do with one another?

I've shipped Bradley control arms and Zack dead grilles for them to use as raw material. Does that make me a 'wholesaler'?

I've manufactured lower air dams and trunk lid dynamat kits out of left over materials from my own projects. Am I a vendor?

NO!!!!!! On both. I am merely a Contributing Member on more than a financial level.

Maybe I should go into business and make money on this stuff. Although, I'd rather just share.

Oh and John, you and I have a little difference of opinion, yes. However, your shareware approach has merit.

Loco1234
10-25-2006, 07:49 AM
TAF is just the unfortunate firgure head of a larger scale unexplored issuse...

...and maybe best left unexplored... but unexplored to all....

Is this gonna just be the tip of the preverbal Iceberg?

GAMike
10-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Hmmm how should this have been handled..........?

1. There should have been a genral announcement on the board, that says "MM.net is under new management". Maybe there was, but I did not see it, and had no knowledge that this was in the works.......I'm a nobody here so maybe thats why, or maybe I missed the announcement or something. No worries.

2. included in this message, there should have been some indicator that the policies and procedures were being reviewed, and that some changes were going to be made at some point down the road and would be shared with the membership prior to impimentation.

3. After this review is completed, publicly share the findings of this investigation, and outline the priorities based on the investigation.

4. Ease into transitioning MM.net from what it was, to what managment decides it should be. The new owners have the right to run the site how they choose. There are risks/rewards based on how you run it and what your motivation is.

I would think the idea is to attract and keep as many members engaged and active in this community as possible. No matter what side of this argument you fall on, disfunctionality serves no good purpose for the new owners, vendors or members.

Disclaimer- I count Todd as a friend yes. Do I know him as well as others? no. Am I privey to his motivations and business? no. My read of the guy is that he is a genuine car guy who likes to share his passion with others. Al (LilAlleyKat) from Alabama shared a nice story about DR down in Florida bailing him out when a knucklehead broke into his car and stole his GPS....DR really went above and beyond........ If that were Todd instead of DR I am sure the same hookup would have occured. That is just the kind of person he is.

I also beleive that if Todd pulled up with a busted out window and needed the assist DR would have helped him the same way regardless of if they are beer drinking buddies or not, and that is what "this thing ours" is all about.

Someone said "Fix now, fix it privately, but fix it" or something like that......... Kudos 100% right. Don't let this drag out. It will only damage the collective.

Best regards, and good luck,

SergntMac
10-25-2006, 08:56 AM

I have a made a buck or two (barely) sharing ideas and extra materials left over from my own projects. I've sold a couple of left over parts. Do I have to be a vendor? (Although if you count labor time, I'm in the hole!)

What about:
Zack and his grilles?
Cruzer and his armrest?

I intend no flames for these guys. I just wonder what's the difference? If there are going to be such strict rules, how could we possibly share some of the great stuff we do with one another?

I've shipped Bradley control arms and Zack dead grilles for them to use as raw material. Does that make me a 'wholesaler'?

I've manufactured lower air dams and trunk lid dynamat kits out of left over materials from my own projects. Am I a vendor?

NO!!!!!! On both. I am merely a Contributing Member on more than a financial level.

Maybe I should go into business and make money on this stuff. Although, I'd rather just share.Zack and Mac products have been supporting the MM.Net for years. Everything is legit, sorry you haven't been paying attention. Actually, most of you have not, so, don't feel bad about all this.

Zack and Mac started as Marty and Mac, making lapel pins, a "Two Pecenter" fender badge pin, and a National Member pin, like my avatar. After that, if was Marty and Mac fender badges, a very nice item. Both times, a substancial amount of the sale went to this web site, and we were able to buy new toys and software. The merchandise has since ceased production, and are considered collectors items today. I didn't get any proceeds of these sales, I don't think Marty did either, it was just about supporting the site.

Mac went on to become Zack and Mac, with control arms, 80 sets in two GBs now. The site was supported by product donations for raffles, ect. Again, Mac has made nothing in the deal, and the coins Zacks has left don't amount to much. Zack continues to do his grill business, I am not involved with that. We have some new ideas we are thinking through, may be some new products in 2007...If the site is still here.

When the MM.Net books came into the new owner's hands, there were no records anywhere of Marty and Mac, and Zack and Mac contributions. Lucky for us, that other owners could recall our contributions. However as we went forward to reconstruct the site with improvements, vendor rules being one area of concern, we added some new dimensions to the program in place.

By adding a tiered structure of Silver, Gold and Platinum, vendors would pay according to the number of products sold, and general automotive service (labor) was counted as a product. 1-5 products is a Silver Vendor, and we were able to reduce this cost at the entry level. A Platinum vendor is the most expensive plan, but they can sell unlimited products and service. Dennis Reinhart is a Platinum vendor. We also offered a discount for prepayment for the year.

Zack and Mac are Silver Vendors at MM.Net. Does everyone feel better now?

Also, if any of us owners are ever allowed to get back to our business of improving this site, you should all be delighted to learn that a Supporting Member under the new system, will have unlimited permission to use the Classified Section for personal sales, and permission to be a "hobby vendor" of special one time product offerings, like Cruzer's arm rest, or, an underbody security light kit.

Yep, that's what I'd like to get back to, brainstorming new features for our members, rather than having to babysit this thread.

Close it? Nope, not me. The things you learn about others is quite an experience.

No matter what anyone thinks, this issue with Todd was simply that his membership was about to expire, did he want to renew it to his benefit? We thought a Silver Vendor would offer him more advantages, like a banner and a Forum of his own for "On The Rack" stuff, but no one from Admin was forcing anyone to do anything. He's been warned about the pictures, because other vendors have been complaining about that. He didn't do anything, including refreshing his membership. Now that his membership is restored, he still should delete the pics in violation, or, at least stop from doing it again.

TAF is a Supporting Member in good standing for the next year, and he is welcome to participate here, within the house rules applied to everyone. If and and when he leaves us, it's his decision.

Everyone happy?

Breadfan
10-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Sounds like all we did was postpone the resolution of this issue for 1 year.

The problem still exists...

SergntMac
10-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Hmmm how should this have been handled..........?Maybe by giving the owners some time to refine their programs and roll them out accordingly? We had a real nice plan for that, comprehensive, paced, until things like this thread here go bump in the night. I feel like I've wasted my time, I just don't know where...

linn@amazon
10-25-2006, 09:28 AM
wow..just wow.. I have read all pages of this thread..it contains about every aspect of internet drama that I hate and have seen over the many years Amazon has been online..We were asked to share our opinion so I will

I spend many hours of every day contributing tech info on several site where we are supporting vendors..we also pay vendors fees ..we have been initial supporting vendors on many of the sites..we have put alot of blood sweat and tears into promoting many of them into what they are today. This does not exempt us from having to support them financially..and we do

This site is not one we have been in on the ground floor with..Rick started coming here to post after he purchased his Maurader ..he posted neutral tech that was not promoting Amazon but when we were asked to pay vendor fees ...we did...

like any issue..there will be sides choosen..I can see both sides of this issue.
As a paying vendor nothing makes me see red faster than an unauthorized vendor trying to fly in under the rules of a site and then taking it public to gain support from the members to force the exception...both of these factors are present with this issue... therefore..

I have to agree with Tucker and the owners on this one..if he is a shop and is posting his banner in the pics then he needs to become a paying vendor......if he thinks he should be an exception ..and you bend the rules for him that is an insult to the vendors who faithfully stepped up when asked to pay to keep the site going........if you cave into this technique of public pressure you will set a precedence..

what a delicate situation..best of luck to you all..hopefully this will be resolved with minimal damage..I also agree..this needs to be handled in private

MarauderTJA
10-25-2006, 09:35 AM
By adding a tiered structure of Silver, Gold and Platinum, vendors would pay according to the number of products sold, and general automotive service (labor) was counted as a product. 1-5 products is a Silver Vendor, and we were able to reduce this cost at the entry level. A Platinum vendor is the most expensive plan, but they can sell unlimited products and service. Dennis Reinhart is a Platinum vendor. We also offered a discount for prepayment for the year.

I personally feel this concept is a fair system:up: . Most people do not have any concept on the time (money) it takes to run a website of this size.

Let's get by these issues and move on. Marauderville IV Coming Real Soon:banana:

magindat
10-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Zack and Mac products have been supporting the MM.Net for years. Everything is legit, sorry you haven't been paying attention. Actually, most of you have not, so, don't feel bad about all this.

Zack and Mac started as Marty and Mac, making lapel pins, a "Two Pecenter" fender badge pin, and a National Member pin, like my avatar. After that, if was Marty and Mac fender badges, a very nice item. Both times, a substancial amount of the sale went to this web site, and we were able to buy new toys and software. The merchandise has since ceased production, and are considered collectors items today. I didn't get any proceeds of these sales, I don't think Marty did either, it was just about supporting the site.

Mac went on to become Zack and Mac, with control arms, 80 sets in two GBs now. The site was supported by product donations for raffles, ect. Again, Mac has made nothing in the deal, and the coins Zacks has left don't amount to much. Zack continues to do his grill business, I am not involved with that. We have some new ideas we are thinking through, may be some new products in 2007...If the site is still here.

When the MM.Net books came into the new owner's hands, there were no records anywhere of Marty and Mac, and Zack and Mac contributions. Lucky for us, that other owners could recall our contributions. However as we went forward to reconstruct the site with improvements, vendor rules being one area of concern, we added some new dimensions to the program in place.

Zack and Mac are Silver Vendors at MM.Net. Does everyone feel better now?

Also, if any of us owners are ever allowed to get back to our business of improving this site, you should all be delighted to learn that a Supporting Member under the new system, will have unlimited permission to use the Classified Section for personal sales, and permission to be a "hobby vendor" of special one time product offerings, like Cruzer's arm rest, or, an underbody security light kit.

Yep, that's what I'd like to get back to, brainstorming new features for our members, rather than having to babysit this thread.

Close it? Nope, not me. The things you learn about others is quite an experience.

No matter what anyone thinks, this issue with Todd was simply that his membership was about to expire, did he want to renew it to his benefit? We thought a Silver Vendor would offer him more advantages, like a banner and a Forum of his own for "On The Rack" stuff, but no one from Admin was forcing anyone to do anything. He's been warned about the pictures, because other vendors have been complaining about that. He didn't do anything, including refreshing his membership. Now that his membership is restored, he still should delete the pics in violation, or, at least stop from doing it again.

TAF is a Supporting Member in good standing for the next year, and he is welcome to participate here, within the house rules applied to everyone. If and and when he leaves us, it's his decision.

Everyone happy?

Mac.
Thanks for taking the time to create this understanding. I understand that folks like myself and Cruzer would fall under the "hobby vendor" designation. Thanx for clearing that up.

All in all, for me this is just that, a hobby. My favorite one ever.

I think I like being an innovator more than a polititian anyways, so I agree. Let's move on and stop babysitting this thread.

hitchhiker
10-25-2006, 09:58 AM
What on earth is wrong with y'all?
Have you gone crazy?
Todd was NOT kicked off the net, nor was he asked to stop posting the wonderful "On the Rack" photos. Remember, it was me, some time ago, that suggested the On the Rack posts be given their own forum, so as to keep them all together, for us to enjoy. He was asked, to stop posting, what many, including other vendors, consider to be blatant advertising, such as this:

Please, anyone tell me what this photo has to do with the auto, or the exhaust system, except to show where the work was done? Todd was offered his own forum as a vendor, to be managed by him, for a very reasonable price, I might add, or stop posting photos such as the one above.
We need to administer this site, and have vendor rules, that protect both the vendor, and us.
Please, just cut the crap, what on earth is the point of all this yammering?

Please get a clue.

That picture shows one fat-ass *****in exhaust pipe and some great American craftsmanship that someone (Todd) is proud enough of to put his name on!

Weeks of postings of great old classic cars were presented providing the kind of content we like here. So what if one or two had a logo or something on them.

Are there any non-vendors in the new ownership team?

Geesh!

:eek:

juno
10-25-2006, 10:09 AM
This thread is sad on so many levels.
How about a group hug? :hug2: :hug2:

hitchhiker
10-25-2006, 10:10 AM

The only thing Todd has ever asked of me is one thing... prayers for people he loves and care about. The new ownership is also made up of good people, most of them I am very proud to call friend; that is why this mess troubles me deeply.

What He Said!

martyo
10-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Gosh, where is Menace when you need him?

RR|Suki
10-25-2006, 10:33 AM

You are terrible :rolleyes:

hitchhiker
10-25-2006, 10:37 AM

What about:
Zack and his grilles?
Cruzer and his armrest?

Maybe I should go into business and make money on this stuff. Although, I'd rather just share.

Oh and John, you and I have a little difference of opinion, yes. However, your shareware approach has merit.

I didn't know this site had become merely "The MM Store"

Some of the very best content here came from average members!

Mercman - Why so heavy on the delete button?

I have noticed a lot of deleted posts in this thread and it makes me wonder what is being supressed.

So now will all posts not supporting the new owners be deleted?

Nothing I have posted in this thread needed deleting, but you zapped one of mine too!

I asked this question before: Are there any non-vendors in ownership of MM.NET now?

How big of a pile of doo doo will $324 buy?

I hope the damage to our fine car site isn't permanent.

bigslim
10-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Still banned. Even with everyone starting out with a clean slate.

Zack
10-25-2006, 10:42 AM

I heard he's back under the screen name Peter.

LordVader
10-25-2006, 10:47 AM
I heard he's back under the screen name Peter.
Zack, you know that's just cruel.

greyghost
10-25-2006, 10:48 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><o:p></o:p> </P><P><FONT face=....

Dennis...don’t say you like me. I know that you don’t. I haven’t liked you in nearly 3 years when I saw what you did to a certain member here on his transmission putting a painted black stock Mark VIII torque converter when he thought he had a PI Torque Converter installed at your outsourced shop. I t wouldn’t have been found if he wouldn’t have had immediate trouble with your “bullit-proof” transmission he paid for. Yeah...you did end up making it good by getting the actual PI TC that was paid for hurredly shipped into Atlanta and paying for the install...but, what I saw with my own eyes as I was standing there when the painted black “Morris” TC was removed really turned me off. [/COLOR]<o:p></o:p>

I just got thru reading this whole thead and it is by far the most fouled up thing I have ever read on this list. It really makes my heart sad to see this.

I have know Todd since I bought my Marauder and he has always been a class act. I have known Dennis since early on and have had a lot of work performed by him.

To set the record straight when Dennis did my tranny/ TC job he was out of the PI 3000. He said he had a rebuilt Morris that would perform just as well. Well, it didn't and I called Dennis and voiced my displeasure. So, Dennis sent a new PI 3000 to Team Ford in Atlanta and paid them to change it out. Didn't cost me a cent. I have no complaints about any of Dennis's work.

Todd has never tried to make a cent off the MM.net list he has always referred me to somewhere else to get my parts as this is how I learned about Dennis originally. He has done some really great things for the MM.net community and never has asked for anything in return. I took my new diesel Jeep into Todd two weeks ago and he fabricated a new SS exh from the turbo back. I must say it was a great job but it was not MM.net related

This whole thing is way out of bounds and the new owners need to really look at what is happening.

Hopefully everything will get settled and we can get back to talking cars especially our beloved Marauders.

SergntMac
10-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Care to read the last page again? The real problem has been solved.

BigMerc
10-25-2006, 11:00 AM
What about the offer to buy the site?

sspmustang
10-25-2006, 11:11 AM
One thing's for sure..if there was ever a Litmus test as to whether people here care about the site-this thread demonstrated it. Wow.

marauder307
10-25-2006, 11:44 AM

Banned to cyber-he11 where he belongs. Don't mention that again Marty.

prchrman
10-25-2006, 12:07 PM

There you go and not even mention Sheriff...

Macon Marauder
10-25-2006, 12:11 PM

Mac,

I respectfully disagree. Damage has been already been done. Things have been said (written) that won't easily be forgotten. Todd has left the building.

This has not been one of our best moments.

DefyantExWife
10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Hotrauder get himself banned ? :confused:

greyghost
10-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Not everything can be solved with money.

Is it solved with TAF??

magindat
10-25-2006, 12:28 PM

Hope not.
Posted at 2:49 in another thread...

DefyantExWife
10-25-2006, 12:30 PM
sometone mentioned "The Menace got banned."

kj31067
10-25-2006, 12:30 PM
another person

Mad4Macs
10-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Wow, thirteen pages so far! What would Chuck Norris say about this?

magindat
10-25-2006, 12:34 PM
sometone mentioned "The Menace got banned."

Oh good lord, I thought you were serious! :stupid:

Breadfan
10-25-2006, 12:34 PM

The initial problem resolution has been resolved/postponed. This resolution has apparently not sealed the rift created by the original issue.

magindat
10-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Wow, thirteen pages so far! What would Chuck Norris say about this?

He would have kicked this issue's a$$ before it ever got posted!

Dragcity
10-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Agreed Breadfan. I am trying to stay out of this, Not being a "contributing" member.

I think just about Every group has been insulted somewhere in this thread.

I feel like a third class citizen, guess I don't have much to say any more.

I should post only when posted to????

Bluerauder
10-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Frizzle Frazzle Frozzle Frome. Time for this thread to go home. :rolleyes:

I hope this annual October "free-for-all" doesn't become a tradition. ;) Didn't we do something similar last year?? :o

Loco1234
10-25-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't know I wasn't on the site last year...
...but I hope to be next year and the year after that...
If it remains a possiblilty...

Tallboy
10-25-2006, 01:00 PM

I hope this annual October "free-for-all" doesn't become a tradition. ;) Didn't we do something similar last year?? :o

Uh-oh. Charlie's rhyming again...

Loco1234
10-25-2006, 01:05 PM
LOL its getting to him...LOL

Mike Poore
10-25-2006, 01:13 PM

Charlie, it was when Logan put on his cape and did a little drum roll before he pushed the button and banned some fellow, who said (paraphrase) "I'm gonna just pick up my football and leave", and Logan said, "you can't do that because I've baned you, you self righteous assclown."

IT WAS THE START OF THE FAMOUS
BUTTERMILK THREAD

My favorite all time thread except, THE CRAB MONSTER :eek:

So, it seems we've said just about everything there is to say here, and if there's ever been a horse beaten to death, this has been it. so ......lets .......just ......kick back .......chill out ......and...have a nice tall cold glass of ..........

BUTTERMILK!:woohoo:

AFTER ALL, WE WERE BEST OF FRIENDS BEFORE THIS STARTED, SO LET'S GET BACK TO DOING WHAT WE DO BEST.

I'll start.

Hey Gordon? :neener:

duhtroll
10-25-2006, 01:19 PM
As long as the problem has been solved I can pad my post count.

Buttermilk!

Zaino!

Nittos!

Democrats!

Uh, My S/C is da bomb and all others . . .

Hey RF, can I use Amsoil in my headlamps?

I think this thread changed my pinion angle.

Is my MM a 300A or B? I searched the site and found only 23239492388748738273487 threads about explaining that very thing.

My CRX can smoke your old man taxicab.

Oh, and the obligatory :popcorn: which I cannot believe some person has not posted 13 times in this thread already.

Did I miss any?

WooWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

2ndMDRebel
10-25-2006, 01:25 PM
As long as the problem has been solved I can pad my post count.

For someone who's BANNED you sure do post alot... ;)

... oh and :popcorn:

Hotrauder
10-25-2006, 01:27 PM

Charlie, this time...It pains me to say this as I truely love Lisa....but...

TO THE WOOD SHED!!!! Beat that girl like a red headed step child. A MIDDLE AGED step child at that. :bop:
First she is scaring the hell out of Marauderman and now she is trying to get my ass canned. Doesn't she know how tight we are? Sheesh. I think she is stressed. A birthday with a lot of crooked numbers, 2 crumb snatchers under the car with dad all the time and a moose in dog fur. That coupled with the disappointment of knowing that her puppy will never ever fit in a PT Cruiser, well; not in another 2 weeks. In a month you will not be able to get enough Puppy Chow in a PT to last a week. The poor girl is despondent. Hit her again. Dennis:D

linn@amazon
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
what does this icon really mean? I had someone try to tell me it meant something and I want to see what the general consenses is..I always thought it meant that there in going to be a fight..sit back and watch the drama

:popcorn:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Loco1234
10-25-2006, 01:36 PM
LOL
only here....

hence y we are here...

DefyantExWife
10-25-2006, 01:38 PM
what does this icon really mean? I had someone try to tell me it meant something and I want to see what the general consenses is..I always thought it meant that there in going to be a fight..sit back and watch the drama

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

you are right Linn.

and Dennis, who you calling middle aged ? :bop:

Bluerauder
10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Uh-oh. Charlie's rhyming again...

Oh ... I guess you are just too young to remember ... :D Mr. Peabody and the Way Back Machine. ;)

DefyantExWife
10-25-2006, 01:44 PM
I think it was a saying Captain Kangaroo used to use. :lol:

O's Fan Rich
10-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Ok, I'm bumming big time over TAF. but, through all of this, I did come to realize that if I don't make a contribution finacially to the site, I have less of a voice, or non at all.
I will consider that when I get the time.
Other wise, I'm not dead yet.

linn@amazon
10-25-2006, 01:50 PM
you are right Linn.

and Dennis, who you calling middle aged ? :bop:

age is all in the mind anyway.. I know some older people who have more energy than I do..

isnt the popcorn icon also used to stir the pot? like creating drama when it really isnt present yet?

Bluerauder
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
... like creating drama when it really isnt present yet?
We don't know .... that hasn't happened yet !!! :D

Petrograde
10-25-2006, 01:54 PM

Todd is a good guy. period.

..and who the hell is ADMIN? Is it all NINE, or someone in particular? Why hide behind ADMIN?

linn@amazon
maybe to put some perspective on this issue walking a mile in a vendors shoes would help...rules are rules and you cant adjust them for one without offending all the others who follow them..

DefyantExWife
age is all in the mind anyway.. I know some older people who have more energy than I do..

isnt the popcorn icon also used to stir the pot? like creating drama when it really isnt present yet?

not really Linn. It's just an instigating icon to mean "ohh this is gonna get real good (a fight)"

not so much drama, but arguments and fights... which ... usually include drama... LOTS of drama. But the popcorn icon accentuates on the fight aspect more than the drama aspect.

linn@amazon
10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
ya that is what I thought it meant too..I had a person use it and I deleted it because it wasnt appropriate in the thread..he called me on it and I said there wasnt going to be any drama(fighting) in the thread and he said that he didnt mean it that way..I didnt think there was any other way to take it..

Agent M79
10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/0/9/6/Boyswillbeboys.JPG

jefferson-mo
10-25-2006, 02:03 PM

I believe that was Mr Wizard........................

jefferson-mo
10-25-2006, 02:05 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/0/9/6/Boyswillbeboys.JPG

:bigcry:

DefyantExWife
10-25-2006, 02:21 PM
who are those guys that are hugging?

Tallboy
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM
who are those guys that are hugging?

That would be two of my friends. Martyo on the left, TAF on the right.

spub
10-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh ... I guess you are just too young to remember ... :D Mr. Peabody and the Way Back Machine. ;)

Actually,,,,,,,, I think it was Tudor Turtle (Help Mr. Wizard) :D

spub
10-25-2006, 02:40 PM

Only one cartoon on Cap. K. Tooooooom Terrific (and his wonder dog Manfred) :D

bigslim
10-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Can we show that picture? Todd has on a hat with a logo of a company that is not a vendor. ;)

O's Fan Rich
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
I have this urge to run out and buy a Rotary Lift....

Hotrauder
10-25-2006, 03:01 PM

Now that we know that those 2 guys don't like each other, What else is going on? I have never met Todd but he looks so much like by BIG brother used to I wonder if he knows my Dad? No disrespect intended. I know I am going to love meeting him. :beer: ps Zack has a good role model in Martyo and he looks more like him every day, don't you think? Dennis. I hate both those handsome bastriges and this other handsome bastrige, Chuck. If it wasn't for Jenn I wouldn't like him at all.
pps...when I saved the pic the caption is "Boys will be Boys." who would a thunk it?

2003 MIB
10-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Can we show that picture? Todd has on a hat with a logo of a company that is not a vendor. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DefyantExWife
10-25-2006, 03:06 PM

sonuva..... so do I !!!! and i dont even know wtf a rotary lift IS :rolleyes: :D

but imma get me one.

jefferson-mo
10-25-2006, 03:14 PM

Actually that's 2 good friends of mine...........

Todd on the right and Martin on the left......... :cool4:

Mike Poore
10-25-2006, 03:16 PM

Holy **** Chuck, that danged Todd's a very large person; 'course it could mean Marty's, um vertically challenged.

Betcha, when Marty was a kid, his momma didn't give him no:

**BUTTERMILK**

Mike Poore
10-25-2006, 03:27 PM

Hey Rich! I've had the hots for one of those for years. Are you really gonna do it? Please tell me more. I built a 3 bay Morton building 3 years ago and want/need one. I saw some at Carlisle, last year, & they drop ship 'em. The guy had it together, by himself, in a single day. It had lots of neat options. :D

Hotrauder
10-25-2006, 03:36 PM
sonuva..... so do I !!!! and i dont even know wtf a rotary lift IS :rolleyes: :D

but imma get me one.

No sweetpea that is not what a rotary lift is. :corner: Don't come out till you can behave for 5 minutes. Dennis

Tallboy
10-25-2006, 03:49 PM

Actually that's 2 good friends of mine...........

Todd on the right and Martin on the left......... :cool4:

Ok, how 'bout this...two good friends of ours!

Holy **** Chuck, that danged Todd's a very large person; 'course it could mean Marty's, um vertically challenged.

Betcha, when Marty was a kid, his momma didn't give him no:

**BUTTERMILK**

Martin is one of the few friends I have who actually look at me eye-to-eye. He's a tall drink of water, for sure.

Todd is just a big, bad-azz sumb!tch...:D

O's Fan Rich
10-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey Rich! I've had the hots for one of those for years. Are you really gonna do it? Please tell me more. I built a 3 bay Morton building 3 years ago and want/need one. I saw some at Carlisle, last year, & they drop ship 'em. The guy had it together, by himself, in a single day. It had lots of neat options. :D

I'll come by and help you install it.
I watched the guy install my Dad's two poster and I can do it!

For my space I need the 4 post with the casters.
Perhaps next year.

Mike Poore
10-25-2006, 04:02 PM

but imma get me one.

Lisa, I think it's a generic term for one of those things at the auto repair shop. They drive your car up on it, and it lifts the vehicle so the mechanic can work under it. Rotary Lift is a trade name, though, like Frigidaire, is to refrigerators, and gets applied to all lifts, I think.
At any rate, there's not a guy on the planet who doesn't need/want one; so now you know what poor Charlie needs for Christmas. The good part is, they're reasonably inexpensive, only not everyone has a place to put one, like me, Rich, and Charlie. :D

Krytin
10-25-2006, 04:08 PM

Tutor Turtle - a little guy who always thought it would be great if he could be someone else - until he found out it really wasn't what he thought at all. "Drizzle Drazzle Drazzle Drone, time for this one to come home."
Of course Mr. Wizzard's accent was so heavy he could have been saying anything!

Mike Poore
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM

Perhaps next year.

Yeah, 4 post, cool! Barb just approved it as (one of) my Christmas present(s), and all we have to do is decide which one to get. I have a 10' ceiling and any of 'em's gonna fit, only there will be a limit to how high we can lift some of the vehicles so they don't hit the ceiling. :woohoo:

How much homework have you done, so far?

Breadfan
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I need and want one.

Mike Poore
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Ok, how 'bout this...two good friends of ours!

Martin is one of the few friends I have who actually look at me eye-to-eye. He's a tall drink of water, for sure.

Todd is just a big, bad-azz sumb!tch...:D

Wait a minute, Chuck; you're saying Marty's a tall guy? How tall are you?

How big is Todd? Big as Jim Kelly? :eek:

I go 6'4"/265, and the Big Dog dwarfs me.

How's he fit under those lifts to build exhaust systems? :rolleyes:

DEFYANT
10-25-2006, 04:40 PM

but imma get me one.

WooHoo! :banana2:

I'm gettin a lift!

Did ya hear that guys? I didnt even axe!

I'm gettin a lift!

CJ's gunna love this :D

Tallboy
10-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Wait a minute, Chuck; you're saying Marty's a tall guy? How tall are you?

How big is Todd? Big as Jim Kelly? :eek:

I go 6'4"/265, and the Big Dog dwarfs me.

How's he fit under those lifts to build exhaust systems? :rolleyes:

You don't remember meeting me at MVIII? :lol: I go 6'5" at 225.

Somewhere out there is a picture of me, Bigdogjim, and Mercman taken at Gainesville last September for DR's regional bash. I'm pretty sure I'm the smallest guy in the picture...:help:

Here's a link to one of my personal favorites. From left to right, Tallboy, Smokie, Carfixer... http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=313&c=3&userid=248

hitchhiker
10-25-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm gonna buy me a muffler shop and a rotary lift someday!

jimlam56
10-25-2006, 05:21 PM

Perhaps next year.

We have to talk Rich, it's in my 07 forecast too...:D

DANIEL
10-25-2006, 05:42 PM
As a vendor I have been asked to share my opinion so I will
I think that there is a simple solution to this problem and it should go private with the administrators of the forum
Is clear that todd post pictures with the logo and also exposing the name of the business , this is advertisement and is against the vendors rules .
He refuse an invitation to became a supporting vendor so the vendors rule should be encourage as simple as it is , just delete all pictures in question and remind him that is not allowed to post pictures exposing in any way business information and if he decide on the future became a vendor will be very welcome
I do not think he should be offended for this inconvenience or decision taken , I do not really know todd but I believe is a very understandable person
As a supporting vendor of the site I do not think he is a competition for any of the vendors but if he is promoting in any way his business he should pay as we all do , rules are rules follow them , do not bend them , remember this site is online because all the contributing members and supporting vendors
I hope everything is solve on the best way and do not loose a valuable member for the forum

Daniel hall

SergntMac
10-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Talk about "derailment", this tops it all. Are all of us on Bi-Polar meds?

Jane Pauly, I have always loved you...

DEFYANT
10-25-2006, 05:54 PM

No, but perhaps we should be!
:lol:

MM2004
10-25-2006, 05:59 PM

Nope. No Bi-Polar meds.

Hitchhiker; It's him.

Everyone must have taken his advice, and smoked a "phatty".

:rofl:

Pass it please? :D

teamrope
10-25-2006, 06:02 PM
You say meds like it's a bad thing.... :cool4:

Donny Carlson
10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
When the replies and views count gets this high, people get a bit giddy.

As originator of this thread, I regret that I may be reponsible for exposing us to more buttermilk posts.

I think the photo of Todd (who is considerable more svelt now than in the photo) and Marty is cool. I'm curious who the babe is in the lower right hand corner, and whether Marty offered her a clerk job with his law firm. :)

Edit: Looking at the photo again, this is at Team Ford. The rotary lift you see is for the alignment bay at the end of the building. The dyno is to the right, and it looks like a silver MM is on the dyno or parked in the bay next to it.

Consdering this, I can only add that this is nothing compared to the Greco-Roman wrestling matches that happened when Marty would show up to check on Legal Knevil. Especially when he found out that parts had been taken off his car and put on other cars (thanks again, Marty).

hitchhiker
10-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Nope. No Bi-Polar meds.

Hitchhiker; It's him.

Everyone must have taken his advice, and smoked a "phatty".

:rofl:

Pass it please? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who stole my bong?

DefyantExWife
10-25-2006, 07:23 PM
WooHoo! :banana2:

I'm gettin a lift!

Did ya hear that guys? I didnt even axe!

I'm gettin a lift!

CJ's gunna love this :D

wtf.. it's for the van :rolleyes:

Bigdogjim
10-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey Charlie time to draw a map.............

Glenn
10-25-2006, 07:32 PM
I know many of the vendors and have bought products from half of them. I have no issues with any of them or their products. I understand some of their comments and the Admin concerning vendors supporting fees - the MM.net must live. It has become too much of my daily life to see anything happen to it. Plus it has lead me to meet many great people and friends. One of the first people I ever meet was Todd. He has personally opened the door to Team Ford and Scott where I have done all my mods and the S/C. Honestly without Todd I would not be where I am today with my MM. I owe him a debt of graditude.

My desire as well as many members is to have this issue resolved. I believe the suggestion of a 3 Tier vendor support structure has a great deal of merit. It is a "Win - Win" proposal for everyone. Apparently someone paid for Todd's vendor fee for a month. I will pay to the net $50 for another vendor's fee. I would hope others would also contribute in this way. I really enjoyed "On the Rack" and hope it will continue. MY $0.02. See y'all at the Shootout.

Glenn

LILALLEYKATT
10-25-2006, 07:39 PM
TAF is a true master whom is at the top of his game. He shared the things he loved I.E pipework and all things MM. He does not need this site to better his bussiness economically. I dont think he should be penalized monitarily for wanting to share the things he enjoys doing on this site. He put alot of effort into making the pics and sharing them with us and he did not want any money for it either. He did it because he liked sharing them with us. I feel like the admin has wasted a natural resource that cannot be replaced. Should members like myself take up donations for TAF and give them to admin to enable him to contiue ON THE RACK... SIGN ME UP FOR $50 and I raise you $25=$75

DefyantExWife
10-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Lilalleykat, i do believe the topic is moot now, and that this thread has now turned into a Hugginkiss thread :rolleyes:

1stMerc
10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
FWIW my take on the current state:

1. When ever there is an endeavor of this magnitude money will always enter the picture sooner or later.

2. When you have this many people gathered together, politics will always come into play.

3. When people of age and experience come together their own believes about the way things should or shouldn't be done will eventually surface (right or wrong) and the collective will let them know it.

4. When any operation goes under new management or ownership, housekeeping is always done (good or bad) and not always agreeable to the general populus. Going thru the samething at work currently.

5. When new management comes along they seldom agree with the arrangements made by previous owner. sometimes to the detriment of old alliances.

6. When change comes along it is our maturity level that determines whether an operation will endure and get past the turbulance from the new regime.

One good thing this thread has done is to help clear the air and brought out a lot of people and opinions who have been silent for a while.
From the time i 've been here and seen some disturbances in the force we have endured and continued on. Those that can hang through the rough times will remain, those that can't won't

This too shall pass
Now let's have a big group hug and carry on.