PDA

View Full Version : Giving to the site: Who gives a crap?

Bradley G
10-24-2006, 07:31 AM
This is in response to comments made about being a "contributor"
to the site.
First let me say, I am greatful to the people involved here.
Without them, this would not be possible.
Financially, it has not been possible to make a cash donation to this site.
Working on, getting that turned around.
In the mean time;
Any suggestions how to become a "Better Contributor"?

ckadiddle
10-24-2006, 09:42 AM
I can usually only contribute smart aleck comments to the site. I don't know squat about mechanical stuff. I did make a cash contribution once, and will do so again when available funds permit. I like that I can contrbute financially on an erratic basis, not have to "subscribe" for some monthly fee. MM.net is mainly an educational tool for me, but also serves as a social tool for making new friends. It is well worth (to me) any monies I donate.

Mike Poore
10-24-2006, 10:04 AM
to the site.
In the mean time;

Bradley, you and I have been friendly from my first post on MM.net. I respect you, and we've enjoyed a common good naturedness and a prank or two. (remember the Crabmonster?)
I'd suggest by being a better contributor you give us a fair chance to make this work, and help out when you can; with good intentions, a kind understang, and monetary contributions, when and as you can.
Bradley you know Mary and the other benefactors, and you know me, and you know in your heart, we have no sinister agenda here. Obviously we're not in it for any monetary gain, and have no hope whatsoever of recovering our investment(s). Please, just accept the gift we've given the MM community, in the same spirit, and to be sure, we appreciate your thank-you's, and support.

DEFYANT
10-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Some members contribute loads of information to the site database. Is there any plan to acknowledge that sort of contribution?

Dennis Reinhart
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
What I have done over the years is send Logan donations by Pay Pall, I get a receipt for this, I plan on doing the same in the future.

magindat
10-24-2006, 10:58 AM
I have posted items for sale in the classifieds with the price being a donation to the site and buyer pay shipping. Those items were parts I aquired 'free' more or less and that was my way of contributing at the time.

I have also (as have you) donated items and services for raffle or prizes at events. It all adds up bro.

I feel the same way you do and give all I can in terms of knowledge, innovation and cash to the friends on this site.

Thanks again (in case anyone forgot) for donating shirts, bottles, and a wheel center to my Marauder Clinic earlier this year.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25795

Probly the best thing for this site that came out of that clinic was more comradery (of course) and the specific instructions for the GT pump install by Juno.

RCSignals
10-27-2006, 12:01 AM
You are a contributor. Contributing $ helps the site operate, but so does making valuable posts, etc.
For $ you'll get extra picture storage and PM space. Nice if you need that.

Contribute cash when/if you can, but keep posting.

to the site.
In the mean time;