PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought....

martyo
10-27-2006, 02:28 AM
If everyone stops posting and logging in here, it will help to bring the costs of running the site way down.

BillyGman
10-27-2006, 02:54 AM
If everyone stops posting and logging in here, it will help to bring the costs of running the site way down.This^ is classic MartyO......

Marauderjack
10-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Sadly.....It will probably happen in time Marty!!:cool:

All things just have a way of running their course and serving their purpose:mad:

Marauderjack:shake:

RoyLPita
10-27-2006, 03:52 AM
I believe it will fold if I get kicked out of here.

Mike Poore
10-27-2006, 03:58 AM
If everyone stops posting and logging in here, it will help to bring the costs of running the site way down.

Prolly, Marty, but not until the last Marauder goes to the crusher.

Another question:
If we close the law schools, will the cost of government go down? :rofl:

martyo
10-27-2006, 04:16 AM
Another question:

Just doing away with people will have that affect!

AstroVic
10-27-2006, 04:21 AM
Another question:

If that happened, at least my student loans wouldn't keep going higher. ;)

Mike Poore
10-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Just doing away with people will have that affect!

AH; but who gets to decide, councilor, the lawyers?

On a brighter note, how's the '93 coming along? When we were at the show last weekend, the drive reminded me how loose that chassis is. How are you gonna stiffen it up enough to handle big power?

What are you doing up at this hour anyway?

martyo
10-27-2006, 04:47 AM
AH; but who gets to decide, councilor, the lawyers?

Sure, why not? :D

On a brighter note, how's the '93 coming along? When we were at the show last weekend, the drive reminded me how loose that chassis is. How are you gonna stiffen it up enough to handle big power?

It's coming slowly....

Made a major power train chane. No more turbo. I got a smokin' deal on a '03 Cobra powertrain, so......

What are you doing up at this hour anyway?

Unfortunately, I am up at all hours!

merc
10-27-2006, 06:32 AM
"Great liars are also great magicians"

"There could be no issue between the Church and the State. The Church, as such, has nothing to do with political affairs. On the other hand, the State has nothing to do with the faith or inner organization of the Church"

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”

“Words build bridges into unexplored regions.”

Rider90
10-27-2006, 07:08 AM
Just a thought....
What's with all this thinking nonsense?

jefferson-mo
10-27-2006, 09:26 AM
I had a thought once.......................... .............................. .........

It left the station without me............................ ..

sailsmen
10-27-2006, 10:03 AM
charge per letter per post.

pcs wld cst mor

sgs n flt rat

i i f o c

?
:cool:

Merc-O-matic
10-27-2006, 05:02 PM
This^ is classic MartyO......

Billy G, Where have you been? Is you "big block" chevy done yet?
Looking for status report.

Gotta Love It!

dwasson
10-27-2006, 06:35 PM
I believe it will fold if I get kicked out of here.

It's all about you.

BillyGman
10-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Billy G, Where have you been? Is you "big block" chevy done yet?
Looking for status report.

Gotta Love It!I've been busier than I want to be. With the Chevelle as well as with other pending things. Anywho....to answer your question, the Chevelle is coming along but slowly. The one thing that I've learned the most from this project, is when you go mega HP, every little link in the chain of the suspension and powertrain must be considered, and everything becomes custom work, and is a big project. So progress comes slow.

But as of now, the engine and transmission are in the car along with the rear end, as well as all of the suspension. Today, I'll be finishing up the steering modifications, and bolting down the headers. Two of the monster 2 1/8" diameter primary tubes of the driver's side header had to be beat up in four places to fit around the steering shaft, and the frame. I'm surprised that the ceramic coating on the headers didn't crack after I beat them up with a hammer as much as I had to. Like with everything else on this car, it was a project. This is why progress has come along at such a slow rate. I could've has custom headers done by a place in Long Island called "Lemmeons Headers" and I wouldn't have had to take a hammer to them for fitment, but I just didn't have $1,500 to spend on headers, and the $700 that I spent on the ones that I have was bad enough. So I had to make them work.

I took measurements for the chromemoly driveshaft as well as the slip yoke for the transmission, and ordered them from Strange two days ago, and it will take them a week to get them made. Once I install them and fabricate a transmission crossmember, the entire drivtrain will be finished, and I then can install the pre-bent 3.5" diameter exhaust that I have. After that, there will only be two more major things left on this car. The fuel system, and the wiring harness. Then she's done. I'm hoping to get all of that done in Novemeber, but only time will tell. I'll post a few more pics in another thread in a few days. ;)

Merc-O-matic
10-29-2006, 12:22 PM
I've been busier than I want to be. With the Chevelle as well as with other pending things. Anywho....to answer your question, the Chevelle is coming along but slowly. The one thing that I've learned the most from this project, is when you go mega HP, every little link in the chain of the suspension and powertrain must be considered, and everything becomes custom work, and is a big project. So progress comes slow.

But as of now, the engine and transmission are in the car along with the rear end, as well as all of the suspension. Today, I'll be finishing up the steering modifications, and bolting down the headers. Two of the monster 2 1/8" diameter primary tubes of the driver's side header had to be beat up in four places to fit around the steering shaft, and the frame. I'm surprised that the ceramic coating on the headers didn't crack after I beat them up with a hammer as much as I had to. Like with everything else on this car, it was a project. This is why progress has come along at such a slow rate. I could've has custom headers done by a place in Long Island called "Lemmeons Headers" and I wouldn't have had to take a hammer to them for fitment, but I just didn't have $1,500 to spend on headers, and the $700 that I spent on the ones that I have was bad enough. So I had to make them work.

I took measurements for the chromemoly driveshaft as well as the slip yoke for the transmission, and ordered them from Strange two days ago, and it will take them a week to get them made. Once I install them and fabricate a transmission crossmember, the entire drivtrain will be finished, and I then can install the pre-bent 3.5" diameter exhaust that I have. After that, there will only be two more major things left on this car. The fuel system, and the wiring harness. Then she's done. I'm hoping to get all of that done in Novemeber, but only time will tell. I'll post a few more pics in another thread in a few days. ;)

Billy G, Thanks for the update....really sound like you are going
to have one "bad ass" BowTie when it's done. Like you said
better to take a little time now and get it done right....
With all that HP there is little room for error. Keep us posted.

Gotta Love It!:pimp: