PDA

View Full Version : 11-4-06 Heavyweight Shootout @ Atl. Dragway

GAMike
10-27-2006, 04:37 PM
So it looks like Glenn, Brian and some other "undesirables":coolman: with bad intentions are heading to Commerce next weekend for the shootout........

Is there a plan for the run up there, or is it everyone on their own running out of Atlanta?

Post up..... If we can organize something for Saturday am for you guys making the day trip that might be fun.

Best regards,

Glenn
10-27-2006, 05:52 PM
I will be going to Commerce Friday night after I pick my son up at GA Tech. We will be attending the Test 'N Tune at 6:30 PM Friday night and blow off a few ricers. Any MM support would be appreciated. I'll need some MM help to fight these guys off.

Glenn

glassman99
10-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Remember the Cracker Barrel breakfast Saturday morning!! (In Commerce that is)

GAMike
10-27-2006, 06:36 PM
I will be going to Commerce Friday night after I pick my son up at GA Tech. We will be attending the Test 'N Tune at 6:30 PM Friday night and blow off a few ricers. Any MM support would be appreciated. I'll need some MM help to fight these guys off.

Glenn

Glenn I would very much like to make the trip Friday and support your Victories, but can't due to a biz trip....Coming back around 7pm, but am up for meeting early early off east side of 285 or 85 north of spagetti junction to make it to the breakfast on time (and terrorize the northbound traffic:D )

Good luck to all who run...... I know we will be well represented:banana2:

Best regards,

LILALLEYKATT
10-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey Glenn; I think I will help you steam some rice for dinner....Hope you have a big appetite and bring yore chopstix.....AL

Donny Carlson
10-27-2006, 09:02 PM
I have to go by Team to have my replacement tire and wheel mounted. I'm trying to get this done Friday afternoon, but I was put on the work schedule for the 3rd, and I probably won't get into ATL until 8-9 PM. So, I have to go by Team Saturday morning, then head up to Commerce. No Cracker Barrel for me.:alone:

FordNut
10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
I'll be going up Friday for TNT, spending Friday and Saturday @ Hampton Inn in Commerce.

What time is Breakfast? I believe we planned on 8 last year but some folks had already gone to the track by then.

merc
10-28-2006, 05:33 AM
I should be in town Thursday. I might be looking for some afternoon delight.:banana2:

martyo
10-28-2006, 05:53 AM
In protest to the direction this site is heading I will not be going.

Hotrauder
10-28-2006, 06:50 AM

I agree with your concern Martyo but I respectfully suggest a hunger strike may not be the most effective course for change. Perhaps a brefas meeting in commerce at the Crapper Barrel to discuss the situation might be more appropo? Just a thought from a hungry but baffled rookie drag racer. Wacha tink? Input from a trained and successful litigator will be invaluable. Dennis:)

Paul T. Casey
10-28-2006, 06:53 AM
I am ever hopeful I will be there for Fri. T&T. Work will dictate. Mrs. Casey will be with me, so for her sake, I hope we can all get along. If not, she will probably beat me up. :eek:

Hotrauder
10-28-2006, 07:17 AM
I am ever hopeful I will be there for Fri. T&T. Work will dictate. Mrs. Casey will be with me, so for her sake, I hope we can all get along. If not, she will probably beat me up. :eek:

Better if she beat us up. It would be a long quiet ride back to RI.:D Please be sure that she doesn't meet my wife. She has a black belt. The ride back for you could be in the back seat...in traction.:rofl: Dennis

GAMike
10-28-2006, 08:21 AM

What Hotrauder said........... But boycotting this particular event? I'm new here compared to you and "others that do biz in Marietta:cool: ". I don't know you, I know of you from "others" at our monthly breakfasts. I am missing the message that will be sent by your absense.

The 9 understand how we feel (Thanks to a certain someone from Birmingham, AL:P :help: ) now. Its their move.

They can put their authority hats and egos on the shelf to be a little more diplomatic about things, or they can continue traveling down the path of disrespect and control because they feel more obligation to the vendor dollar than to longstanding members.

Its still not reason enough to miss the event, that will be significantly diminished by the absense of you and that dragster you call a Marauder:burnout: . Make the trip.......... just my .02.

Best regards,

GAMike
10-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey Paul T................

Look forward to seeing you there! :coolman:

Best regards,

Hotrauder
10-28-2006, 08:48 AM
What Hotrauder said........... But boycotting this particular event? I'm new here compared to you and "others that do biz in Marietta:cool: ". I don't know you, I know of you from "others" at our monthly breakfasts. I am missing the message that will be sent by your absense.

The 9 understand how we feel (Thanks to a certain someone from Birmingham, AL:P :help: ) now. Its their move.

They can put their authority hats and egos on the shelf to be a little more diplomatic about things, or they can continue traveling down the path of disrespect and control because they feel more obligation to the vendor dollar than to longstanding members.

Its still not reason enough to miss the event, that will be significantly diminished by the absense of you and that dragster you call a Marauder:burnout: . Make the trip.......... just my .02.

Best regards,

I am just a squirrel, picking up the first nut I find. I read Martyo's post as not a breakfast meeting. I too, am baffled, why boycott? How does boycotting a SS Supersport event that is kind enough to invite other lead sleds impact on MM.Net? I doubt they care, but the individual members who are big fans of the Legal Kneivel and have this one opportunity to see her run and drive long distances to meet Marty; do. I sure hope you change your mind. Dennis

Sorry for the hi-jack. Dennis

sailsmen
10-28-2006, 08:51 AM

Since this event has nothing to do w/ this site, I think Marty has tonguencheeck syndromopomus!

Hotrauder
10-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Since this event has nothing to do w/ this site, I think Marty has tonguencheeck syndromopomus!

Billy. does that mean I have tonguenbuttcheek syndromopomus? I will take a pill. Dennis:D I hope you are correct. My nerves are raw and I am reaching for the duct tape for to wind round my head... so when it explodes no pieces will be lost. Comp. GlennBeck. Dennis

glassman99
10-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Somehow I believe Marty will be there. I think he was :bs: us. Hey Marty? :confused:

LILALLEYKATT
10-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Martyo; I sincerly look foreward to meeting you and watching you run. Please dont let other actions impact innocent MMers....Sincerly I remain AL

DEFYANT
10-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Marty is jus lookin for the "warm & fuzzy" feelin again, aincha Marty

Glenn
10-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Never fear, Marty will be at Commerce. We all have been waiting all year to see Marty run at SSHS6 and he will not disappoint his loyal following and friends.

Glenn

Marauder_Santa
10-29-2006, 02:10 PM
So it looks like Glenn, Brian and some other "undesirables":coolman: with bad intentions are heading to Commerce next weekend for the shootout........

Is there a plan for the run up there, or is it everyone on their own running out of Atlanta?

Post up..... If we can organize something for Saturday am for you guys making the day trip that might be fun.

Best regards,

I would like to meet up with you Saturday morning. Name the time and place so we can make the breakfast. I will be coming from Windy Hill and 75 (One exit from our normal breakfast spot).

GAMike
10-29-2006, 06:11 PM
I would like to meet up with you Saturday morning. Name the time and place so we can make the breakfast. I will be coming from Windy Hill and 75 (One exit from our normal breakfast spot).

Sounds good Santa, Lets meet at the Gwinnet Place Marriott(Front Parking Lot) off Pleasant Hill Road & 85 North........... Lets say 6:45am to 7:00am. I figure it will take us 50 minutes from there to Commerce. Let me know if this works for you.

If anyone else would like to join us, meet us there..... When you are approaching the Pleasant Hill Road exit, you can see the Marriott tower on your right.

Best regards,

Marauder_Santa
10-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Sounds good Santa, Lets meet at the Gwinnet Place Marriott(Front Parking Lot) off Pleasant Hill Road & 85 North........... Lets say 6:45am to 7:00am. I figure it will take us 50 minutes from there to Commerce. Let me know if this works for you.

If anyone else would like to join us, meet us there..... When you are approaching the Pleasant Hill Road exit, you can see the Marriott tower on your right.

Best regards,

It's a date. See ya Saturday at 6:45am.

BISHOPSS95
11-02-2006, 06:20 AM
We will be having the awards at the Hampton at 9:00pm Saturday.

Ya'll drive safe. :beer: