PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket radios?

Steve
10-30-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my radio, and feed my addictions to Sirius and mp3 CDs. And I have a couple questions to those who have upgraded, or know about it.

-My steering wheel radio controls will be worthless after I upgrade, no?
-Anyone know of any radios that fill the stock slot 100%? I don't want a radio that is half the size of the stock one, and a big hole underneath that.

rozkopeeko
10-30-2006, 03:36 PM
noooooooooooooo my brotha i just had the alpine full face iva200 and the blackbird nav( it's not hard wired yet but just waitning for alpine to releae that wire . I also have the alpine tv hooked up and this plays better then the danm cable i pay for , then i have the i pod plug and can use the touch screen to work it while it shows all of the 700 songs i have . there is a plug that will still allow the control to work on your steering wheel and it works just fine. speaker wise i have alpine's in the front doors focals on the rear deck and two jl audio 10's in a custom box in the trunk. the speackers in the box were surrounded with the tow jl audio amps 450/4 and 500/1 with a cap and neored lights that come on automatically when the trunk opens . the exterior is covered with black leather........... hey i also put in the alpine handsfree cell phnoe so i just talk right throught the system need i say it is f&*(^&^*&^ ausommmmmmmmeee!!!!!!i'm down here in ft.lauderdalee if you want to get with the team that installed my system just pm me

Steve
10-30-2006, 03:57 PM
i'm down here in ft.lauderdalee if you want to get with the team that installed my system just pm meIf I still lived in Jupiter I'd be on that in no time, but I'm across the country.

fairlane347
10-31-2006, 06:17 AM
I am looking for a radio too, I was told if you find a head unit with a remote that the steering wheel controls can be used!

magindat
10-31-2006, 06:39 AM
The Pioneer AVIC D1, D2, and N1 all fill the hole completely and perfectly. All play MP3 CD's and all have available satellite in XM or Sirius.

ANY radio with a remote can be operated by the factory steering wheel control with the use of a PAC SWIX.

If South Florida guys want help with this, my garage is open. No charge, just buy the parts....

eric jones
10-31-2006, 08:23 AM
Double DIN fills the hole like factory. Get a unit that has a remote and it can be wired with an interface (which is an additional charge) that way you maintain use of the steering wheel controls. I went with a Kenwood touch screen that plays Mp3's, DVD's, CD's and has upgrades for Nav and TV tuner and it comes Satellite ready. The sound difference is like night and day but remember one mod leads to another and another and...... well you see!

Steve
11-01-2006, 02:40 AM
The Pioneer AVIC D1, D2, and N1 all fill the hole completely and perfectly. All play MP3 CD's and all have available satellite in XM or Sirius.

ANY radio with a remote can be operated by the factory steering wheel control with the use of a PAC SWIX.

If South Florida guys want help with this, my garage is open. No charge, just buy the parts....
Geez, that is the second South Florida offer for audio help.

Shora
11-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Geez, that is the second South Florida offer for audio help.

wanna come back to the Sunshine State?:rolleyes: