PDA

View Full Version : Almost time to say goodbye...

Directedby
11-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Well, after 3 years of having the MM, I recently ordered my new car.

Going to go from the Race Track to the Mud Trails...

Custom Ordered a Jeep Rubicon 4x4...

Here is what it will look like, below.

I still have the Marauder, but in January will need to sell it.

I had it listed for $17,400 on this site and got a few nibbles - we'll see come January....

My guess is that I will be selling it cheap and it has a lot of goodies....

I met some good people on this site - the internet is a great place.

Paul

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/ATLGA_2006/DSCN2362.jpg

jimlam56
11-01-2006, 03:55 AM
I've heard good reviews on the redesigned Jeep.
I especially like the extended version, which you seem to be getting.
Good luck with your Marauder!

AstroVic
11-01-2006, 05:11 AM
The Jeep is definitely cool...I like it a lot...but be prepared for a *slight* difference in ride quality!

;)

Bluerauder
11-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Well, after 3 years of having the MM, I recently ordered my new car. .... Custom Ordered a Jeep Rubicon 4x4... Paul

Nice Jeep !! :up: I saw the Rubicon's performance at the Washington Auto Show back in January. Very Impressive on the hill climb and the obstacle course.

Keep the Marauder. Get the Jeep. Enjoy life in all its forms !! :D

RoyLPita
11-01-2006, 06:03 AM
BTW, nobody here said that you cannot be a member here if you no longer have your MM. Please, don't be a stranger.

Merc-O-matic
11-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Orders for the new JEEP Wrangler (redsigned) are really pouring in......
Neighbor just ordered the one with the Hard Top/all power (windows) etc.
Enjoy!

Gotta Love It!

GarageMahal
11-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Oooh.... the 4 door :) I like!

jta

Raudermaster
11-01-2006, 10:57 AM
I love the Rubicon's! A guy at work just bought an '06 Rubicon, but the regular version one. Let me tell you, that little thing with the 6spd is sure quick. Good luck in selling the Marauder. On a side note, want to sell the intake spacer? ;) How about them 4.10's?

Marauderjack
11-01-2006, 02:02 PM
What the heck does "Rubicon" mean??:confused:

Bluerauder
11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
What the heck does "Rubicon" mean??:confused:

From the Wikipedia .... " 'Crossing the Rubicon' is a popular idiom meaning to go past a point of no return because it was an ancient boundary between Gaul and Italy. Julius Caesar crossed the river in 49 BC deliberately as an act of war where he is supposed to have said that "the die is cast" and where he would eventually come to power."

I guess this means that the Jeep Rubicon can go places that other vehicles can't. :D

endless
11-01-2006, 03:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubicon_Trail

Marauderjack
11-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Now that makes sense...."Rubicon Trail"......"Point Of No Return" is not too intriguing??:cool:

jgc61sr2002
11-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Paul - Good luck with your new ride.:D
Thanks for the CD player.

Joe Walsh
11-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Good luck in selling the Marauder.

Maybe you can get Jay Leno to buy your Marauder and add it to his car collection...he loves low volume Detroit iron!:banana2:

RCSignals
11-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi Paul.

I hope the rubicon works out for you.

Too bad you can't work out keeping the MM. But anyway, don't be a stranger.

Motorhead350
11-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Seems like we got a trend here. I've always been considered a rebel anyway. Best wishes with that Jeep.

Directedby
11-02-2006, 12:23 AM
I love the Rubicon's! A guy at work just bought an '06 Rubicon, but the regular version one. Let me tell you, that little thing with the 6spd is sure quick. Good luck in selling the Marauder. On a side note, want to sell the intake spacer? ;) How about them 4.10's?

Thanks....

Don't think I am going to part it out... But who knows - I need to return it or buy it from lease company by March 1st.

Directedby
11-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Paul - Good luck with your new ride.:D
Thanks for the CD player.

Thanks, John... Take good care of the CD Changer - Glad it worked out for you....

TooManyFords
11-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Paul, I just caught this thread. I noticed your car in the classifieds. Can you email me more pictures of your engine compartment? john@frieltek.com

Also, I found a Blue MM out at LA Auto Emporium via Autotrader.com Can you go look at this for me too? I need to know if the body is as good as they say it is. They are at 8917 State St., South Gate, CA 90280

Thanks in advance!

John

Directedby
11-02-2006, 08:24 AM
John - I am off to Canada to shoot a movie, so I won't be able to go to South Gate -

Will try to get you pics, but things are a little crazy for me right now.

I plan on selling the car in Jan/Feb - does this time frame work for you?

Best,

Paul

Paul, I just caught this thread. I noticed your car in the classifieds. Can you email me more pictures of your engine compartment? john@frieltek.com

Also, I found a Blue MM out at LA Auto Emporium via Autotrader.com Can you go look at this for me too? I need to know if the body is as good as they say it is. They are at 8917 State St., South Gate, CA 90280

Thanks in advance!

John

Big Time
11-05-2006, 10:10 PM
I saw your ad, I'd like to see more pics of your car, too. Does it have a sunroof?

How did you pass Cali emissions with all those mods?

All the windows are tinted? Thought the front ones weren't supposed to be in Cali?

I've only lived here a couple of years, maybe I'm wrong about smog checks and tint, though.

Directedby
11-06-2006, 12:33 AM
I saw your ad, I'd like to see more pics of your car, too. Does it have a sunroof?

How did you pass Cali emissions with all those mods?

All the windows are tinted? Thought the front ones weren't supposed to be in Cali?

I've only lived here a couple of years, maybe I'm wrong about smog checks and tint, though.

No sunroof.

Nothing illegal with Emissions - Still has cats and will pass - nothing internal was done -

I can remove tint from front windows, but it has been on for 3 years and I have never heard boo from any cops.