PDA

View Full Version : Let The Spoilin' Begin

Bluerauder
11-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Got the call from my son this afternoon ..... I'm a Grandpa. :D I am trying to adjust to that life altering change. Its even more difficult to know that I am married to a Grandmother. :rofl:

Little Charles Alexander was born at 2:34 PM today at Fort Benning, GA. He's 6 pounds - 9 ounces and 19 inches. He was about 3 weeks early. Mom and baby are doing fine. They will keep him for awhile to make sure he "completes his development". :) Keep him in your thoughts and prayers until he makes it home with Mom and Dad. Pics to follow.

The new grandma and grandpa will be stopping by to "spoil" the new little one on our way back from Marauderville IV (this didn't happen due to a sudden change in plans)

It's Party Time :party: :birthday:

He's now a little over a month old and I finally have some pics to show off ...... I think the resemblance to his Dad is "uncanny". His grandfather has been known to take that pose too. :rofl: The VMI ring will probably need to be resized .... ya think. ;)

Virginia Military Institute (VMI) Class of 2027

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/CharlesGrandson3resize.jpg

Dad and Son enjoying the football game

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/CharlesGrandson2resized.jpg

Dad babysitting .....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/CharlesGrandson1resized.jpg

DefyantExWife
11-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Congratulations ! :D

6 lbs 9 oz is a nice size, I bet he wont be in for more than a couple of days. :)

teamrope
11-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Congrats Charlie. Now is your chance to get even. (Just kiddin') :beer:

jgc61sr2002
11-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Charlie - Congrats.:D :beer:

GAMike
11-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Now if only FAO Schwartz would build a one off Bluerauder Peddle Car for your new grandson.........You could get him addicted that much quicker!:burnout:
Congrats Charlie:banana2:

Hotrauder
11-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Charlie, Congrats. We envy you and take first dibs to play with your grandson.:D Our prayers for you family. Dennis

oldekid
11-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Congrats Charlie!
Being a Grandpa doesn't hurt too much, but being married to a Grandma is another story. :beer:

ckadiddle
11-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Congratulations. Commence spoiling!

Breadfan
11-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Wow! Congrats Charlie, that's great news!

grampaws
11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Congratulations!! Let the spoiln' begin!!
Its more fun when you can send them
home after Nana's done with them!!:D

MyTMerc
11-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Congratulations Charlie! That's great news. Diane and I have 4 grandkids but I'm smart enough to never call her Grand Ma (without ducking). It seems one of them is always here. They are a blast to have around, but we do get to give them back and that's a blessing.

Now you have the opportunity to shop for a Marauder baby seat that won't mess up your leather seats and doesn't require layers of towels so you don't tear the seat. They are out there but only a few and of course are the most expensive.

We'll keep your little one in our prayers.
:congrats:

JMan
11-03-2006, 03:17 AM
Got the call from my son this afternoon ..... I'm a Grandpa. :D I am trying to adjust to that life altering change. Its even more difficult to know that I am married to a Grandmother. :rofl:

Little Charles Alexander was born at 2:34 PM today at Fort Benning, GA. He's 6 pounds - 9 ounces and 19 inches. He was about 3 weeks early. Mom and baby are doing fine. They will keep him for awhile to make sure he "completes his development". :) Keep him in your thoughts and prayers until he makes it home with Mom and Dad. Pics to follow.

The new grandma and grandpa will be stopping by to "spoil" the new little one on our way back from Marauderville IV.

It's Party Time :party: :birthday:

Great Day! Congratulations. I believe the bold print above is fodder for extorsion! You have to be careful what you type in public:lol: .

You're in our prayers! Future Spoilers of America unite!

J

MarauderMark
11-03-2006, 05:07 AM
Congrats Bop-poo:up::D

DefyantExWife
11-03-2006, 07:10 AM
yea no biggie Charlie. People MY age become grandparents.. sometimes even younger (than 36):shake:

Mike Poore
11-03-2006, 07:21 AM
Grandpa!!!:geezer:

Sleeping with Grandma's a hoot, and I'm here to tell 'ya, Grandma's are hot. :drool:

Of course, I understand it can eventually get to the point of nothing more than ocassional oral sex. Shuch as when you pass on your way to the bathroom: "screw you, grandpa", she'll say. :rofl:

Bluerauder
11-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Sleeping with Grandma's a hoot, and I'm here to tell 'ya, Grandma's are hot. :drool:
As I crawled into bed last night, I said "Grandma ... what big eyes you have". :wolf: I am getting used to sleeping on the couch. :rofl:

yea no biggie Charlie. People MY age become grandparents.. sometimes even younger (than 36)

Yeah, I know. My little sister is 5 years younger than me and she has been doing the Grandma thing for 10 years. :D

LordVader
11-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Congratulations to both Grandpa, Grandma and the proud parents! It's okay for the kids to call your wife Grandma, but you stay away from that one. Our daughter's triplets will be a year old next Thursday. I don't mind watching them for a while, but it's alway good to give them back! Those little suckers will wear you out.

Lone_Star
11-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!

Joe Walsh
11-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Congrats Charlie!

That 'spoilin' is going to cut into your modding cash!:D

Bluerauder
12-05-2006, 08:37 PM
:bump:

Finally was able to post some pics of the new grandson in Post #1 of this thread

Black_Noise
12-05-2006, 11:51 PM
u know the first couple weeks the grandparents are supposed to step in and watch the newborns just to let the new parents sleep a little (it helped me out ALOT)

if your up to it!
looks like they are all tuckered out in the pics

Mike Poore
12-06-2006, 04:15 AM
Didn't know Chuck was left handed, Charlie. The grandson looks healthy and has good color, dad, on the other hand, looks well worn, and in need of lots of rest. You and Bern had better get down there, and do some Grandma magic. Just keep your hands off that clicker. ;)

reddog69
12-06-2006, 04:44 AM
Good lookin kid!! Hope all goes well! Thats a great holiday gift!! All the best, Reddog:banana2:

prchrman
12-06-2006, 05:05 AM
Congrats...grandchildren are the best...better than children...willie

Bluerauder
12-06-2006, 05:13 AM
Didn't know Chuck was left handed, Charlie. ;)
He's not ..... I am the only Southpaw in the family. :D Maybe he has developed a slight preference in his left hand since last year's "episode". :dunno:

We are working on a trip down to Georgia to see the "kids". Maybe as early as 15 Dec. :)

Mike Poore
12-06-2006, 06:18 AM
He's not ..... I am the only Southpaw in the family. :D Maybe he has developed a slight preference in his left hand since last year's "episode". :dunno:

We are working on a trip down to Georgia to see the "kids". Maybe as early as 15 Dec. :)

Darn me, I'll have to go back to the school of obvious observations. Chuck's got your grandson by his left hand, and most importantly, the clicker for the tee-vee. No one can operate one of those, wrong-handed. :dunno: