PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Mark VII

AzMarauder
11-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Folks,

I'm in the market for a 1990-92 Lincoln Mk VII. I've had an interest in them for several years.

Anyone have any 411 on these cars?

I've been able to determine that the 5.0 is rated at 225HP and 300TQ.
What gear ratio does the car come with?

Interested in any information anyone has on this type of car.

Thanks,

Raudermaster
11-02-2006, 10:09 PM
I thought they came with 3.27's, or 3.08's.

Jolly Roger
11-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Remember that only the LSC'S came with the 225 hp mustang gt engine.
The others were rated at only 175 hp.
My 1990 had 327's from the factory.

FordNut
11-03-2006, 05:24 AM
All the '88 and newer ones (maybe even earlier?) had the HO 225 hp 302. The LSC has traction lock and 3.27 gears. Others have 3.08 gears. not sure if it's a posi. The LSC has a tach. The Bill Blass has a digital cluster. They all have built-in alarm, keypad, console, bucket seats, climate control, ABS, air suspension, power windows, power seats, power door locks, among other creature comforts. To me, the seats are less comfortable in the '90-'92 than they are in the '88-'89. I believe the '90 was the first year with driver's air bag.

eric jones
11-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Check out the Lincoln Mark VII Club they have their own site like this one and anything you ever wanted to know about the MK7, you will find it there. I recently purchased a 1991 LSC SE Black with 59,000 original miles. I planned on making it my "2 door Marauder" but the wife fell in love with it and now its hers!

FordNut
11-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Those Special Edition ones are nice, especially in black. For those who don't know, the SE has bumpers that match the paint instead of being chrome. The only colors I've seen them in is black and red.

RoyLPita
11-03-2006, 06:55 AM
I remembered that the Traction-Lok differential was an option. My '87 LSC didn't have it.

AzMarauder
11-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the information!

I have lusted after one of these for awhile and I am going to have to sell off something to make it work... or even two somethings. The Fairlane and the Marauder are not at risk. The Starion and the Thunderbird are at risk in that order.

Anyone have any experience with putting a 5spd in the VII?

Anyone have the link for the Lincoln club? I found one site but didn't have much on the MK VII. Ford a Ford/Chevy site that has some information.

Thanks again....

ckadiddle
11-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Might want to place a call to Dennis Reinhart. Since he does performance work on Mark 8s he may know a few things about the Mark 7s as well.

I vote for getting rid of the Starion. Then you'd have an all domestic stable. :)

eric jones
11-03-2006, 07:43 AM
www.thelincolnmarkviiclub.org (http://www.thelincolnmarkviiclub.org)

Vortex
11-03-2006, 11:09 AM
I always thought those LSC's were good looking cars.

Power Surge
11-03-2006, 11:31 AM
One thing to keep in mind, is that Mark7s are VERY high maintenance cars, and they have a LOT of electronic parts that go bad on them. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on the air suspension, power accessories, and electronic modules as time goes on. This coming from a former L/M tech, and Mark7 owner.

fast Ed
11-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Also www.lincolnsonline.com (http://www.lincolnsonline.com) and www.fordvschevy.com (http://www.fordvschevy.com) have lots of great info on the Mark VIIs.

cheers
Ed N.

Agent M79
11-03-2006, 12:06 PM
I had a 1990 LSC. It was a strong car.

I did have problems with the air suspension.

I did put 2 transmissions in the car.

Many of the interior bits were lose, rattling, or missing.

The paint ... wore off?

The exterior trim was badly discolored.

But it was a brute.

Sold it to my father in law. It rots now.

OneBADLsE
11-04-2006, 03:07 PM
One thing to keep in mind, is that Mark7s are VERY high maintenance cars, and they have a LOT of electronic parts that go bad on them. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on the air suspension, power accessories, and electronic modules as time goes on. This coming from a former L/M tech, and Mark7 owner.

Bags are $80 to 100 a piece. Theyre not expensive to maintain. Decent ones are out there.

I know of a great Red on white LSC for sale in my area... PM me if youre interested

chrish
11-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Bags are $80 to 100 a piece. Theyre not expensive to maintain. Decent ones are out there.

I know of a great Red on white LSC for sale in my area... PM me if youre interested

does the MM have a similar air suspension? the electronics probably are a problem. Is the car red in white out or vise-verse?

FordNut
11-04-2006, 07:55 PM
I saw one at SSHS6 that ran a 9.5 sec 1/4 @ 151 mph.

LILALLEYKATT
11-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah Brian that MK7 was probally the best runner of the shootout. I wonder how fast he has to go before he deploys the chute...

AzMarauder
11-04-2006, 09:01 PM
I saw one at SSHS6 that ran a 9.5 sec 1/4 @ 151 mph.

That won't be mine.... but they, like seems any car... can be built to be impressive !

GAMike
11-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the information!

I have lusted after one of these for awhile and I am going to have to sell off something to make it work... or even two somethings. The Fairlane and the Marauder are not at risk. The Starion and the Thunderbird are at risk in that order.

Anyone have any experience with putting a 5spd in the VII?

Anyone have the link for the Lincoln club? I found one site but didn't have much on the MK VII. Ford a Ford/Chevy site that has some information.

Thanks again....

AZ: There was a 5spd. at the Heavyweight Shootout pulling some serious e.t's whoever he was, he had it humming for sure. Neat sleeper idea you have there. Good luck with it........

Best regards,

the_pack_rat
11-04-2006, 10:35 PM
I bought a 1992 LSC in 1997 with 448 miles on it. Sold it last year with less than 9000 miles on it wearing the same rubber it did when it left the factory.

Pretty trouble free car ... but it really wasn't even broken in yet !.

The all (4) corner air suspension can be a big PITA & expensive when it goes.

The bolsters on the front bucket seats tend to take a beating over time.

The transmissions would tend bite the dust if the bushing at the TV cable where it attached to the throttle wasn't replaced with a brass one(stock was some POS plastic one). Very easy do-it yourself cheap fix. Fortunately I read up enough on these cars where I came across that info, and changed it our before it ever became an issue.

The trip computer in the dash was notorious for eventually telling you were running on empty, even tho you were no where near it. A simple fix of taking it out & cleaning all the electrical contacts usually fixes it. Mine never got around to doing it so ... I never did it.

I was never a Bill Blass fan ... but it did eventually get the HO motor the LSC's had. I know the 89-92's had it, but it may have started in 88. I can't remember the exact year. In 1992 the Bill Blass came with the same wheels the LSC did, only they had a "BB" center cap on them. This may have been the case for 1991 too ... but I'm not sure. Just a few good things to know ... in case you do buy an LSC & ever go yarding for parts. As was said ... the LSC's got the 3.27 RAR & the BB got the 3.08's.

I may have very well kept mine ...

But I decided to move on & it eased the wallet some from buying the MM. The color combo may have had something to do with it too ... got tired of looking at white & mocha. I never was a big fan of the color combo when I bought it ... but the miles & showroom new condition made the compromise a no-brainer at the time.

I'm certain I will own another LSC some day, but in a color combo I really love. In fact. I came very close to buying a black on black Special Edition 2 years ago.

Too bad you didn't post this last month ... Lincoln Land here in Clearwater had a really sharp Special Edition in red with the light gray interior. Had the moonroof too. That medium red IMHO, is one of the best colors they ever had on the LSC's. If I had the extra money ... I might have picked it up myself.

AzMarauder
11-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Eric,

Interesting information. I will have to figure out where that TV bushing you mention is located.

I am also trying to find an S/C application for the car. Seems Kennebell used to make one for it "back in the day" but I don't see any mention of it on the KB site.

Thanks !

Oh Jerry... Jerry Barnes ! I might have another "boat" that needs a Trilogy !