PDA

View Full Version : Another Marketing/advertizing triumph for L/M

Mike Poore
11-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Found along the side of the Obituaries of the Waynesboro Record Herald Newspaper: http://www.therecordherald.com/obituaries/

"My Dream is to always move up" Then a picture of the heavens and a Lincoln MKZ or whatever. Anyway, this gets my vote as the most tasteless ad of all time. :banned:

not5-0
11-03-2006, 09:02 AM
I didn't find it tasteless, in fact if you didn't mention it I never would have thought twice about it...

Mike Poore
11-03-2006, 09:37 AM
I didn't find it tasteless, in fact if you didn't mention it I never would have thought twice about it...

WOW, you read The Record Herald, too?

Um, let me edit, for the sake of clarity ...it isn't the ad that strikes me as being tastless, it's just where they put it, and I think, because of the shape of the ad and its text, doubt it was accidently put where it is.

So, when we go to the great beyond, it should be in a Lincoln MKZ? :drive:

not5-0
11-03-2006, 12:49 PM
There was also an ad for Pheonix University that had " Live and Learn " in its text placed next to the obits.

I guess that all I am saying is that if one of my loved ones had their obit next to that ad I would not be offended by it...in fact the more I think about it, it's actually kind of humorous.

Breadfan
11-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Well I just don't like the MK-Z commercials anyway. I saw one where the guy is tooling around trying to escape the city with his wife, he ditches his office clothes onto a scarecrow.

That whole "escape the corporate life" schtick. What a tough guy leaving a $500 suit on scarecrow, he really stuck it to the man there didn't he.

The worst part is all the fake tire screeching they make on a car that probably can't catch any rubber to begin with.

RCSignals
11-05-2006, 01:05 AM

The worst part is all the fake tire screeching they make on a car that probably can't catch any rubber to begin with.

Oh I don't know. If it's anything like the mighty Sable, it'll have the Marauder eating dust.................

Mike Poore
11-05-2006, 01:36 PM
There was also an ad for Pheonix University that had " Live and Learn " in its text placed next to the obits.

I guess that all I am saying is that if one of my loved ones had their obit next to that ad I would not be offended by it...in fact the more I think about it, it's actually kind of humorous.

We're on the same page, and you're right, there is some humor there, as you say, as long as it wasn't one of my loved ones they stuck that ad next.
They always have those sappy ads for memorial stones, guardens, florests, and undertakers. It just never occured to me I'd want to go in an MKX, y'know? :P

OneBADLsE
11-05-2006, 02:05 PM
link please??? I Dont see a LM ad there

Mike Poore
11-05-2006, 04:46 PM
link please??? I Dont see a LM ad there

Sorry, they've changed it. It's one of those times, when you had to be there. ;)

Beamer
11-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Well seeing as the car it replaces which is the best thing they ever made and were too freakin' gay in the first place to advertise like they should could easily burn out I would say the MKZ X or whatever the thing is may beable to.

Has anyone seen what they did to the Navigator? Talk about FoMoCo shooting itself in the head. I have about had it w/ everything they think up. Of course many well disagree w/ me but I do not see myself in another ford than the one I have now which well probably be sold not long after I get it running tip top.

Big Time
11-05-2006, 06:18 PM
That whole "escape the corporate life" schtick. What a tough guy leaving a $500 suit on scarecrow, he really stuck it to the man there didn't he.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:lol: That was funny.