PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln MKVII part two (Got One)

AzMarauder
11-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Well...

I pulled the trigger on a 90 Lincoln MKVII. 31k original miles.
Paid too much... :eek:

Going to pick it up in Pittsburgh Friday.
Damn, I hope it doesn't snow!

Thanks to all who gave me information in my other MKVII thread!

bryanthomas
11-06-2006, 08:30 PM
31k original miles.
Paid too much... :eek:

Dontcha hate that? :D I paid too much for my Marauder, but when I went and picked it up I sure was glad I did (it only had 11K on the odo when I took it home). My philosophy when buying a car: shop used, buy low mileage, and travel if necessary to get what you want.

AzMarauder
11-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Dontcha hate that? :D I paid too much for my Marauder, but when I went and picked it up I sure was glad I did (it only had 11K on the odo when I took it home). My philosophy when buying a car: shop used, buy low mileage, and travel if necessary to get what you want.

Well the way I look at it (someone else said similar in a post)...
I am getting a lightly used luxury car.. that should give me many years of service for a fraction the of the cost of a later model luxury car. The only downside is I am at the mercy of bad luck should something happen to the car. The insurance company won't cover what I spent on it.

But it sure is pretty!

the_pack_rat
11-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Congrats.

How often will you be driving it ?.

Mine spent most of it's time in the garage ... so eventually I inquired about puting it on a classic/collector car policy which allowed me to choose an "agreed value" for it, rather than the few nickels & dimes a regular policy would pay in the event of a total loss. They did limit me to how high I could go on the agreed value being the car was not that old ... but they did allow me to cover it for @ $15,000.

At that time I use Classic Auto, which I believe then changed over to Great American. Shop around as I do NOT recommend them. Got pretty old after the THIRD year in a row, asking them to correct the error in the VIN# they had on file for my Toronado & they NEVER managed to correct it. I also felt they were a bit slow in settling things up, when I had to file a claim after Hurricane Charley.

My Oldsmobiles are now insured thru Grundy.

RoNiN77
11-06-2006, 10:37 PM
make sure to send us pics!!!

AzMarauder
11-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Here is one the dealer sent me... I haven't actually taken any myself.

As for the classic car insurance, they sure stick it to you with driving restrictions. Can't take it overnight someplace etc. This will be my daily driver actually.

LordVader
11-07-2006, 06:57 AM
:cool: Nice ride. If you're picking it up in Pittsburgh (my hometown), did it see many winters? I know it has low miles, but you should check out the undercarriage to make sure you're not taking home a problem. Where it's going the only salt it will see is when you put salt on your fries.

ik04
11-07-2006, 06:58 AM
That IS the LSC trim isn't it? I can't quite see it in the photo.

I love those cars.....

Kevin

gpfarrell
11-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey Arizona...

You've got a friend in Pittsburgh if you need anything... Gimmie a shout!

Best of luck with your new Hot Rod Lincoln. I remember seeing one at a car cruise years ago that had a supercharger tucked under the hood... that sure would look cool next to your Trilogy!

RoyLPita
11-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Very nice :up:

RCSignals
11-08-2006, 02:33 PM
My Oldsmobiles are now insured thru Grundy.

Grundy is the Best one. Good choice.

AzMarauder
11-08-2006, 05:41 PM
That IS the LSC trim isn't it? I can't quite see it in the photo.

I love those cars.....

Kevin

Yes sir... LSC...

AzMarauder
11-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey Arizona...

You've got a friend in Pittsburgh if you need anything... Gimmie a shout!

Best of luck with your new Hot Rod Lincoln. I remember seeing one at a car cruise years ago that had a supercharger tucked under the hood... that sure would look cool next to your Trilogy!

GP,

Thanks... hopefully everything will go well and no issues.

Yes, Kennebell used to make a blower for the car. I have feelers out trying to find out if they still do. I hope to do that mod someday.. but it won't be in the near term. (sigh)

jim geary
11-08-2006, 07:01 PM
While your back there look around for another.I could use a daily driver.

AzMarauder
11-08-2006, 07:29 PM
While your back there look around for another.I could use a daily driver.

Well.. quite frankly there is a very good looking one for sale up in South Dakota. I had asked for pictures etc. before I selected my PA car.. but the salesman took his sweet time I guess. (Asked on Saturday Morning.. no pics until Monday night)

If you are interested in that car I could send you the information.