PDA

View Full Version : My New Mach 1

bryanthomas
11-09-2006, 10:18 PM
I'll go ahead and appologize for not having pics in this thread! :D I'll have some ASAP.

Here's my story: I came to the conclusion that I wanted to purchase a second vehicle to mod and keep as a weekend fun car. The kind of car that you pull out maybe once a month and go cruising/drag racing/to car shows in. So... I found this awesome Competition Orange Mach 1 on ebay. Only draw back: It was in Texas and I live in South Carolina. I say was because... I saddled it up and drove it home!! All 1400 miles! I always wanted a to buy a car and drive it across country and the last 2 1/2 days have been well worth it. The car is and auto, has 13,000 miles on the odo, and is super clean inside and out.

This is my first Mustang and I love it! It's a blast! I'm going to keep it N/A with a few necessary bolt-ons. Gears, torque conv., new suspension, and a sweet set of 17x10.5 Mach 1 wheels out back are all in the near future. The previous owner already installed Flowmasters and they sound awesome! What else can I say? Oh, I do have to say that I was surprised at how much more powerful the 4V 4.6 feels in the Mustang platform. I can't wait to get a set of 4.10s installed! :burnout:

MI2QWK4U
11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Congrats! The Mach is my Favorite Mustang in my corral. Is yours an automatic? Mine is and the Tune from Lidio really woke the car up, a lot of that being the adjustments to the trans shift points and TQ lockup. So far all i have done is a tune, 4:10s, pulleys, and a Magnaflow exhaust system. Even with the wider tires and rims it will smoke the tires off the rim, put the car sideways hitting second, and lay a nice patch and squawk the tires hitting third. It is brutal fast for NA and runs the 1/4 mile in 13.1. You are going to love that car! If you have any questions or need anything, PM me... mine is getting a kenne bell blower this winter....cant wait.

Brother Mike
11-17-2006, 11:13 PM
WTF!!!??? 2/12 days to do 1400 miles...... I drove my 2nd MM back from San Antonio to Detroit in 35 hours.... Dallas to Chicago was under 12 hours....

Raudermaster
11-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Sweet buy. I've always loved the new Mach's. The only thing is though, I can't see driving a 'Stang in automatic form. Or any sports car for that matter.

bryanthomas
11-18-2006, 09:20 PM
WTF!!!??? 2/12 days to do 1400 miles...... I drove my 2nd MM back from San Antonio to Detroit in 35 hours.... Dallas to Chicago was under 12 hours....

Well I took my time and made several stops along the way. I stopped in New Orleans to see a friend as well. Could've been done faster, but I was in no hurry.

bryanthomas
11-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I can't see driving a 'Stang in automatic form. Or any sports car for that matter.

Well I bought it with drag racing in mind, so to me an automatic doesn't allow as much room for driver error. :)

SergntMac
11-18-2006, 10:25 PM
The Mach I and Marauder power trains are almost identical (when the Mach is an auto), thus the difference must be in gross vehicle weight, eh?

Best wishes in your new adventure.

MI2QWK4U
11-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Well I bought it with drag racing in mind, so to me an automatic doesn't allow as much room for driver error. :)

That is absolutely right! Thats why Lidio bought an automatic Mach 1 when I bought mine. His advice turns out to be absolutely right...as if that should be any suprise. I have raced an identicle Mach 1 at the strip. Both 04s, both with appx 1500 miles on them. Only diff was Lidios tune on mine, mostly for the trans and TC tuning he does so well. We ran each other 4 times. My best, 13.1...his best...13.5. My times were all within .08 of each other. His times were within .4 seconds of each other. Bottom line, the trans tune will outperform most folks manually shifting. Deadly consitancy is the result. You wont regret the Mach 1 in automatic form. If you put 4:10s in it, you could use my tune!

bryanthomas
11-19-2006, 07:02 AM
That is absolutely right! Thats why Lidio bought an automatic Mach 1 when I bought mine. His advice turns out to be absolutely right...as if that should be any suprise. I have raced an identicle Mach 1 at the strip. Both 04s, both with appx 1500 miles on them. Only diff was Lidios tune on mine, mostly for the trans and TC tuning he does so well. We ran each other 4 times. My best, 13.1...his best...13.5. My times were all within .08 of each other. His times were within .4 seconds of each other. Bottom line, the trans tune will outperform most folks manually shifting. Deadly consitancy is the result. You wont regret the Mach 1 in automatic form. If you put 4:10s in it, you could use my tune!

:up: Yeah and after talking to some guys one the Mach 1 registry, I was very impressed with the 1/4 mile time the N/A guys are running. Some good rubber and a few bolts ons and the Mach can turn mid 12s... even in auto form. ;)