PDA

View Full Version : Hemming's Muscle Machines magazine

bryanthomas
11-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Any one here read it? I get it monthly and love it! It's a great, unbaised muscle car mag and the quality of rides they feature are always top notch and there are many informative articles. It's a great read for some one younger like myself who doesn't have a lot of hands on experience with some of the classics. This month they featured a '79 Hurst/Olds. Not a ground pounding street machine, but an above average performer for 1979. That thing made me drool!

Any takers on this great muscle car mag? And if any of you have been following it a while, have they ever featured any Marauders?

gpfarrell
11-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah, they have.

If you read the article you just might want to cancel your subscription.

I just picked up the latest copy on the newstand and enjoyed it though... it had a Comet on the cover and a big block Cougar inside so they got my attention!

The Marauder article wasn't one of their better efforts.

bryanthomas
11-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah, they have.

If you read the article you just might want to cancel your subscription.

The Marauder article wasn't one of their better efforts.

Oh, that sucks. :( Atleast they published something about the Marauder. So many people don't even remember the Marauder. I even talk to a lot of older car guys and they ask, "What kind of car is that?" (Talking about my '04 MM) And I tell them it's a Marauder, expecting them to say something is return about how they remember the original, knew some one that had one, or think it's a cool tribute. When they don't bring up the Marauder of the early 60's I always politely make a comment about my car's heritage. So far only a few even knew what I was talking about. I can only assume they were "one time car guys"; their late 60's MOPAR or Camaro was their only real experience in their fleeting automotive hobby before they got on with all of life's necessary procedures. It is kind of let down though that I don't meet a lot of automotive aficianados around here. I mean I'm 23 and I can recognize more classics at a car show than most of my friend's dads. :rolleyes:
I have to remind myself that not everyone is quite as passionate about this hobby as some of us are. :burnout:

LILALLEYKATT
11-15-2006, 05:44 PM
I am a subscriber and have been since my last car fetish began a 1973 Trans Am 455 4sp..I like the stories about original owner cars and how they have kept thier autos through thick and thin..Mostly muscle cars from the Vietnam era. Its always a good day when I go to the mailbox and my Hemmings Muscle Machines has been delivered. I also get Autoweek, & Automobile.

Merc-O-matic
11-15-2006, 06:36 PM
I have been a subscriber since issue No. 1. Great magazine!
And to make it extra special this year....the "Muscle Car of the Year"
was a 1970 Buick Skylark GS! Nice to have a 'lark and a Marauder
bedded down together. See my signature.....

Gotta Love It!:burnout:

bryanthomas
11-16-2006, 05:47 AM
I have been a subscriber since issue No. 1. Great magazine!
And to make it extra special this year....the "Muscle Car of the Year"
was a 1970 Buick Skylark GS! Nice to have a 'lark and a Marauder
bedded down together. See my signature.....

Gotta Love It!:burnout:

Oh man, that GS Stage 1... :drool:

Merc-O-matic
11-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Oh man, that GS Stage 1... :drool:

Right On..... the Stage One stock ran 13.1 right off the "show room" floor!
Torque @ 510 at 2800 rpm.....your stock "Goat" can't touch it!

Gotta Love It!:P

Mach1
11-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Wow, 13.1 stock off the showroom floor!!! That would make it the fastest old muscle car of all time....even faster than the 70 Chevelle 454 SS!!

Merc-O-matic
11-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Wow, 13.1 stock off the showroom floor!!! That would make it the fastest old muscle car of all time....even faster than the 70 Chevelle 454 SS!!

All most...!!! Also, a "Hemi" eater too.
Check out the article in March 2006 issue of "Muscle Machines" page no. 86.
Mopar people were devasted when a revered (GTX) Mopar 426 "Hemi" had it's doors blown off at Gainesville by "Ol' Blue" a 1970 Buick Skylark GS Stage-1
The facts still stand today...the top 3 FASTEST cars (stock) from 1964 to 1975 are:
1. 427 Cobra
2. 427 Corvette
3. 455 Buick GS Stage-1
and all the rest form a long line to the rear....

Want to move into the modern era....hmmm how about
1987 Buick Grand National. Not your Grandmothers Sunday driver or is it?

Gotta Love It!:pimp:

Ezbok58a
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Their Marauder vs Impala SS article wasn't a bright spot for the Marauder.

(Then again the guy who wrote it had his dog die on him, so he could've been in a sad and depressed state when he did the comparison.)

Mard
11-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I think the fastest muscle cars of all time could be argued all day long. This article from Mopar Muscle Magazine doesn't even mention the GS, but suprisingly has the 70 Torino 429 SCJ as the number nine position. I always thought the 428 CJ put down better quarter mile times.
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/thehistoryof/75739_fastest_muscle_cars/index.html

All most...!!! Also, a "Hemi" eater too.
Check out the article in March 2006 issue of "Muscle Machines" page no. 86.
Mopar people were devasted when a revered (GTX) Mopar 426 "Hemi" had it's doors blown off at Gainesville by "Ol' Blue" a 1970 Buick Skylark GS Stage-1
The facts still stand today...the top 3 FASTEST cars (stock) from 1964 to 1975 are:
1. 427 Cobra
2. 427 Corvette
3. 455 Buick GS Stage-1
and all the rest form a long line to the rear....

Want to move into the modern era....hmmm how about
1987 Buick Grand National. Not your Grandmothers Sunday driver or is it?

Gotta Love It!:pimp: