PDA

View Full Version : Basic Training is OVER!!!

woaface
11-16-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm sitting in a LAN lounge of sorts here at base. Graduation is tomorrow and it's been incredible so far. I've been pushed hard physically and mentally. For those of you who thing the Air Force is easier...I ended up in one of the most difficult training squadrons with nothing but senior training instructors, most former Security Forces. 331st Wolfpack! (The name comes from the Wolfpack of Kunsan AFB in S. Korea)

The first week I was too scared to even grab a napkin from across the table but it eases after that. By the 5th and 6th week everything eased up.

I'm on a limited time schedule for right now but here's how it goes:

I graduate tomorrow, October 17th and ship out (across the base) to techschool October 20th. I start classes on the 28th (details from the 20th to the 28th.)

I just wanted to catch everyone up. I get my cellphone back soon and I'll get internet access throughout techschool.

Thanks for all the support that's been given here. I'm proud to call myself an Airman and honored to serve this country.

-James

MM2004
11-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Outstanding James!

Make our country proud, as I am sure you will.

Congrats!

Mike.

2003DOHC
11-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Best of luck to you James and thank you for your service to our country!!

Bigdogjim
11-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Good to hear from you.

Keep up the good work.

Hey Mary can we get a Air Force thing here for James?

ckadiddle
11-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Best of luck to you James and thank you for your service to our country!!
Same from us James. Congratulations on surviving Basic!

Bradley G
11-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks for touching base, James.
You make us proud!!! :bows:

DEFYANT
11-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Hang in there bud! Thanks for your service!!

Mike Poore
11-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Call me anytime, James. My cell is on the list, and it's a verizon number, if that's what you have, so it's free 24-7. Congratulations, Airmen! :D

HwyCruiser
11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
James, congrats on surviving BMT, you'll remember it for the rest of your life. Now that the TI's have squared you away, do us proud in tech school! :flag:

LILALLEYKATT
11-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Congradulations and thanks for your sacrafices....Espirit De corps all the way...

Fastronald
11-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks for your service to the Country!

To ALL my fellow Veterans..............Thanks!

Fastronald U. S. Army 1971 - 1974

mailman
11-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Great to hear from you James! Keep us posted. We're all behind you 100% !!

gpfarrell
11-16-2006, 08:51 PM
James, you are on your way to so many great things... by the time you do get your Marauder it might just be a footnote. Thanks for keeping the rest of us safe, you are appreciated.

Hotrauder
11-16-2006, 09:08 PM
No surprise here James. congrats on your graduation. Work hard in Tech school and the sky is the limit. we are proud of you and your accomplishment. Go Airman. thank you for your service to all of us. dennis

cruzer
11-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Congratulations, James--you are over the first hurdles--from now on it gets harder, but more interesting--Ginny and I are both USAF vets and wouldn't trade the experience for anything---keep us posted and keep up the good work, Maury:beer:

GAMike
11-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Way to go James!

I like the others appreciate your sacrifice for this country.

Remember........Excellence has no finish line. You have held yourself to a very high standard (being in the company of all that have gone before you). Continue to do so, and opportunity will beat your door down.

All the best to you and your graduating class:flag:

teamrope
11-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm sitting in a LAN lounge of sorts here at base. Graduation is tomorrow and it's been incredible so far. I've been pushed hard physically and mentally. For those of you who thing the Air Force is easier...I ended up in one of the most difficult training squadrons with nothing but senior training instructors, most former Security Forces. 331st Wolfpack! (The name comes from the Wolfpack of Kunsan AFB in S. Korea)

The first week I was too scared to even grab a napkin from across the table but it eases after that. By the 5th and 6th week everything eased up.

I graduate tomorrow, October 17th and ship out (across the base) to techschool October 20th. I start classes on the 28th (details from the 20th to the 28th.)

I just wanted to catch everyone up. I get my cellphone back soon and I'll get internet access throughout techschool.

Thanks for all the support that's been given here. I'm proud to call myself an Airman and honored to serve this country.

-James

Great to hear from you James, but the Air Force is easier... In the Army I never got to use the internet until I was a SSG/E-6. :)

RCSignals
11-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Wow James! You survived!!!

Don't get too wet tomorrow, Study hard in Tech School, keep that shoulder to the wheel and nose to the grind stone. Don't let little things like the Internet get you distracted...you'll have time for all that after your next graduation.

GO Blue Job.

(BJ, I think you may have left yourself open with that one.....but Airforce is easier...napkins?? what next??)

teamrope
11-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Wow James! You survived!!!
(BJ, I think you may have left yourself open with that one.....but Airforce is easier...napkins?? what next??)

(The internet was not widely available 'till I was a SSG.. :) )

WantOneSoBad
11-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Congratulations, that money you saved up is going to go quick, I know mine did. I went Army though, anyways, wish you the best, I don't think there are too many service members on here, I'm only a lil old SPC but if you but if you find out that your deploying overseas, I got some extra stuff leftover from when I got back in July that I could make your life easier over there.

Haggis
11-17-2006, 04:16 AM

-James

Congratulations James!!!!!!

:woohoo:

Oct.??? James you have been out of touch for too long. It has been a long time since you were on here last and many things have changed. I am proud of you and sorry that I can not be there to watch you graduate. Good luck in you future and keep in touch.

These pics are for you Airman.

jabird56
11-17-2006, 04:48 AM
Congradulations James, I know it is a major decision to server our country. You'll have an interesting time evening if it's the Air Force. I had alot of fun and memories in the navy, got as far West as Thailand and as far East as England. I do have a special respect for those that serve.

Jay
US Naval Intelligence Officer, Retired

Marauderman
11-17-2006, 05:04 AM
WOW--Congrats James--Hard to believe its been almost 4 years since we all met----....well you can see with all the vets here, me included (Air Force as well), we all share in your excitement.....and are proud of your accomplishments......good luck and keep us posted--we enjoy hearing from our first younger star member and your achievements.......The service is a great place to get your start in life!!!.........Tom

MyTMerc
11-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Congratualtions on your decision to serve and surviving boot camp. I'm looking forward to seeing some great pictures for wherever you get stationed. You have a talent for photography and will get some great opportunities in the Air Force.

Shaun
US Navy, Retired
Aircraft Maintenance

juno
11-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Congrats James!!! Basic Training sucks, but as all of us vets/active service know, and you will realize, it will have a profound effect on the rest of your life, in a good way.
Best of luck with training!!!

Bluerauder
11-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Graduation is tomorrow and it's been incredible so far. I've been pushed hard physically and mentally.

-James
James, congratulations on completion of Basic. :2thumbs: Enjoy graduation and do good in tech school. You are on your way to a great life of service to the country. Thanks for stepping up to make it happen. This is a decision that you won't regret. Hooah !!! (or whatever the USAF equivalent is). :D

Mad4Macs
11-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Almost San Antonio, huh? If you haven't done so already, after graduation, head downtown SA and hit the RiverWalk.
And wear a uniform :D

SID210SA
11-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Oct???? That was 2 months ago....they must be training you too hard.... :rofl:

Well I am here if you need anything....gimme a call anytime I am with Cingular by the way....

woaface
11-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech School is a blast. They don't play around here. Our standards for uniforms especially are more strict than what was in basic. Security Forces (Formerly Security Police, MP in the Army and Marine Corp.) is what I'm training for for those of you that didn't know.

I love it. The extra rules, the startched-out uniforms and over-shined boots, the weapons/combat training. It's all very exciting.

I'm keeping my nose clean and my wallet as full as possible. I'm not going out and getting into trouble like many of the other kids here. Speaking of which, my boots need shined.

Thanks for all of the support. Hooah!

Glenn
11-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Congratulations James on a great job and much success in the Air Force.

Glenn

ParkRanger
11-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Your heart may belong to Jesus,
But your a$$ belongs to the corps!

PR :burnout:

RCSignals
11-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech School is a blast. They don't play around here. Our standards for uniforms especially are more strict than what was in basic. Security Forces (Formerly Security Police, MP in the Army and Marine Corp.) is what I'm training for for those of you that didn't know.

I love it. The extra rules, the startched-out uniforms and over-shined boots, the weapons/combat training. It's all very exciting.

I'm keeping my nose clean and my wallet as full as possible. I'm not going out and getting into trouble like many of the other kids here. Speaking of which, my boots need shined.

Thanks for all of the support. Hooah!

MPs (meat-heads as some call them), are usually extra starched and shined.

Now what's this 'my boots need shined' stuff? You forget the 'to be'?

The PX sells something in a little can. I think you paint it on.....

Bluerauder
11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
The PX sells something in a little can. I think you paint it on.....

You must be thinking of heel and edge dressing. :dunno: I've seen guys "paint" their boots with it. Looks like :puke:

RCSignals
11-30-2006, 09:23 PM
You must be thinking of heel and edge dressing. :dunno: I've seen guys "paint" their boots with it. Looks like :puke:

No, not that. That is good for heels and edges though.

There used to be a small can, looked like a half pint paint can. You lightly sand the finish off the boots, then paint this stuff on, the effect is like patent leather, and it lasts a long long time. Never used it myself (I prefer good old polish) but I have seen it used.

teamrope
11-30-2006, 10:00 PM
No, not that. That is good for heels and edges though.

There used to be a small can, looked like a half pint paint can. You lightly sand the finish off the boots, then paint this stuff on, the effect is like patent leather, and it lasts a long long time. Never used it myself (I prefer good old polish) but I have seen it used.

Leather Luster! Used to be widely used by MPs. (Before we went to the brown suede boots of today.)

RCSignals
12-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Leather Luster! .............

That's it!