PDA

View Full Version : Charger R/T no Marauder

Bradley G
11-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I had a chance to drive, an 2007 R/T Charger yesterday, for about an hour.
My take;
Fairly quiet cabin.
Seats are decent , stereo is nice.
Exhaust note is nifty.
Handles good.
Plenty of room.(I'm hard to fit)
It felt a little isolated from the "Road feel" that I enjoy so much, with the Marauder.
I guess in essence, I felt nothing seriously wrong with the Charger.
It just does not get me "Goose bumpy" like the Marauder does. :coolman:

Breadfan
11-17-2006, 11:38 AM
I came up to an SRT-8 Charger last week, coming off a light on a road I would never speed on. He goosed it letting me hear the exhaust, so I returned the favor letting him hear some Marauder pipes and Trilogy whine for a split second.

So early this week I see a black SRT-8 Charger for sale in my area.

Coincidence? I think not. ;)

Nothing bad about the Chargers though, they're neat cars, I think the look of them is a bit weird still, but I could never complain about a big 4 door sedan with RWD and good V8 power. But, I agree with Bradley, I don't quite get the same feeling seeing them, that I get with my Marauder. Might just boil down to personal preference?

Hotrauder
11-17-2006, 11:39 AM
My take;
Fairly quiet cabin.
Exhaust note is nifty.
Handles good.
It felt a little isolated from the "Road feel" that I enjoy so much, with the Marauder.

Aaawww, y'all are just a push over for a sexy black car with a big back seat. I know. But for me it is just a more comfortable place from which to to to watch the movie.:D Dennis

Bobby Clobber
11-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Dennis,

If I know you , the only way you could watch a movie from the back seat would be with a periscope.:lol: :lol:

See ya in April bud, and Schooner is on the way.:burnout: :burnout:

Bigdogjim
11-17-2006, 04:02 PM
My take;
Fairly quiet cabin.
Exhaust note is nifty.
Handles good.

I remember our ride in the Trilogy truck at MV-III I think a a little bigger than you? I am plenty of room in a marauder just a little short on headroom.
I am 6'6"

Marauder is the only sedan for me. Now if a find a nice clean blue Lightning.

Bradley G
11-17-2006, 04:15 PM
How could I forget?
You pulled off the steering wheel and smiled at Jerry with that
"UH OH!" :eek: look on your face!

I remember our ride in the Trilogy truck at MV-III I think a a little bigger than you? I am plenty of room in a marauder just a little short on headroom.
I am 6'6"

Peter
11-17-2006, 04:26 PM
I am 6'6"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-F-150-Lightning-Ford-F150-Lightning-2003-Supercharged-SVT-engine_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcateg oryZ6219QQihZ001QQitemZ1100560 21666QQrdZ1 :D

Mike Poore
11-17-2006, 04:33 PM
How could I forget?

Yeah, then he tried to run over Slim. No wait, that was Slim trying to run over poor Dan, and whomever else poor bastages happened to be standing in front of Jerry's front window. O'l Slim tried to mow 'em down with the Trilogy Mustang. In fact, wasn't Jerry one of 'em?

I can read the Detroit Press headlines now: Local businessman mowed down by crazed union worker. :drive:

bugsys03
11-17-2006, 05:12 PM

I test drove an RT Magnum and I agree with you Brad. Get yourself a drive in an SRT and you will get plenty of "Road feel" with the goosebumps to boot:burnout:

Motorhead350
11-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Chargers are boring and ugly to me unless you are talking about the SRT8 which seems to be the case in here. ;) The Superbee looks cool, but to me it resembles a Hot Wheels car and it runs a 12.8 on slicks and nothing else.... not bad.

Leadfoot281
11-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Don't forget what C.h.r.y.s.l.e.r stands for;

Corporate
Headquarters
Recommends
You
Start
Learning
Engine
Repair

LILALLEYKATT
11-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah I love my MM but is it the absolute best car ever in all of time forever??/ I doubt it. The dodge boys new 6.1 Srt with a stroker kit = 426 ci...Dynos all day at over 600 ft lbs...Then you add a S/C and it = over 700 ft lbs of very reliable power. Then you put it in a Plumb Crazy Purple Challenger convertable circa 2008 on sale at a Dodge dealer by you next september....That way you can keep the excess miles off of your MM...IMHO

Bigdogjim
11-17-2006, 06:27 PM
How could I forget?
Yes I well remember, however the look on Jerrys face was pricless:)
Then Logan had to drive it the rest of week and his arms were tired because the wheel was up so high:rofl:

Thanks to carfixer for the fix on the plastic part that snaped out.:up:

Bigdogjim
11-17-2006, 06:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-F-150-Lightning-Ford-F150-Lightning-2003-Supercharged-SVT-engine_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcateg oryZ6219QQihZ001QQitemZ1100560 21666QQrdZ1 :D

Thanks Peter I turned down one a while beacuse of price. List was 29,000 if I remember? That truck is clean but too high in price.

Bradley G
11-17-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm still waiting. Dave!:D
I test drove an RT Magnum and I agree with you Brad. Get yourself a drive in an SRT and you will get plenty of "Road feel" with the goosebumps to boot:burnout:

Ed Tarras
11-17-2006, 07:31 PM
I still think the SRT-8 is a better car than the MM. All factory performance under waranty and you don't need to keep building it up to try to get performance like on the MM. Only problem is its price tag. Don't get me wrong, I like the MM but I think the value is in the Dodge. I'll be adding a SC to my MM, but when it comes time to sell, it won't return any value.

LILALLEYKATT
11-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Some of the SRTs are being discounted to the 35K range

Ed Tarras
11-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Not here yet. They are still holding the line on price.

Motorhead350
11-17-2006, 10:17 PM
The dodge boys new 6.1 Srt with a stroker kit = 426 ci...
I think thats incorrect. I believe it's 370 ci. Anyone know? If a Dodge 440 is a 7.5 I don't think a 426 is 6.1.

RedMerc04
11-17-2006, 10:23 PM
I think thats incorrect. I believe it's 370 ci. Anyone know? If a Dodge 440 is a 7.5 I don't think a 426 is 6.1.
A 6.1 with a stroker kit would make sense to be 426 Cubes

RCSignals
11-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Not here yet. They are still holding the line on price.

Dealers holding line on price, or cars actually selling at price?

Here nothing from Chrysler is selling fast. Last years special pricing sale cleared the Chrysler/Dodge dealer lots. This year on their big sale they still had inventory stacked like cord wood, and today still do.

Motorhead350
11-17-2006, 11:27 PM

Alright I stand corrected.

RCSignals
11-18-2006, 12:03 AM

Depends on the stroke kit

LILALLEYKATT
11-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Thats right RC..I think the 7.0 litre kit will be the one to watch because of its 426 ci heritage...It looks like they are putting out around 640-660 hp. I enjoy keeping tabs on this new technology unfolding as I have enjoyed living it in the past so many times...Plus this is the future competetion for all FOMOCO and GM products. It appears to me that this is going to be a difficult engine combo to compete with and still remain reliable and streetable.... Mark my words this WILL be a Challenger engine option in 2010 or 2011..IMHO

LILALLEYKATT
11-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Dealers holding line on price, or cars actually selling at price?

Here nothing from Chrysler is selling fast. Last years special pricing sale cleared the Chrysler/Dodge dealer lots. This year on their big sale they still had inventory stacked like cord wood, and today still do.
The Magnum SRT that waxed my A$$ at Atlanta that still had the sticker in his window said he paid 36K in Wilmington S.C. He said that was about 6K off of sticker.

Leadfoot281
11-18-2006, 01:20 PM
FYI There's 61 cubic inches in a liter (61 and change to be somewhat more precise).

Am I going to buy a new car and pull the crankshaft out of it right away? If it's a Mopar...probably:D . (That is assuming it doesn't come out on it's own).

Motorhead350
11-18-2006, 05:34 PM
FYI There's 61 cubic inches in a liter (61 and change to be somewhat more precise).

So I was right a 6.1 isn't a 426. It's a 372... :confused:

RedMerc04
11-18-2006, 07:23 PM
So I was right a 6.1 isn't a 426. It's a 372... :confused:
Yeah youre right there but what I was saying is that the SRT hemi is a 6.1 from the factory, with an added stroker kit it would punch it out to a greater displacement, so 426 cubes are quite possible.

LILALLEYKATT
11-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Yes you were right if an SRT were not stroked....To get more than the 420 HP from the stock SRT engine they have reciently as in the last few months developed different crankshaft, rod and piston combos to substantially increase displacement...The combo I am keeping an eye on is the 7.0 liter 426 cubic inch engine that puts out 640-660 reliable horsepower with a mild tune. Hopefully I have given a detailed enough desciption to explain how we come up with 7.0 = 426 ci

texascorvette
11-18-2006, 07:51 PM
If they're getting 426 cubes, it must be bored as well as stroked.

LILALLEYKATT
11-18-2006, 08:28 PM
That is correct...heat performance.com...I should have some 1/4 mi times in the next week or so...

Motorhead350
11-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Yes you were right if an SRT were not stroked....To get more than the 420 HP from the stock SRT engine they have reciently as in the last few months developed different crankshaft, rod and piston combos to substantially increase displacement...The combo I am keeping an eye on is the 7.0 liter 426 cubic inch engine that puts out 640-660 reliable horsepower with a mild tune. Hopefully I have given a detailed enough desciption to explain how we come up with 7.0 = 426 ci

O ok cool. I meant to say I was talking about stock, not whats possible.