PDA

View Full Version : Saleen Focus

Leadfoot281
11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Look at what I found today.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/leadfoot302/th_I3010110.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/leadfoot302/I3010110.jpg) (Click for larger views)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/leadfoot302/th_I3010109.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/leadfoot302/I3010109.jpg)

At first I thought it was a joke, but here it it is; A '05 Saleen Focus #66. I never knew these things even existed. It has 500 miles and is for sale at Sugar Loaf Ford in Winona Minnesota. The engine has 190hp and it also has a 75hp nitrous kit (installed by Saleen). Notice the "N20" sticker on the fender and the N20 written across the windsheild.

I talked to the salesman about it. He couldn't give me a price since they "have no idea what it's worth". He guessed "low 20's". I think 18k might get it. This is where I talked them down from 27k to 22.5k on my Marauder two years ago.

As far as "ricers" go, it's not too horrible looking, and I'll bet it scoots. It might even look nice next to my SBMM, but I'd probably get killed in a wrong wheel drive car.

If you're really interested in this thing, check out sugarloafford.com .

You folks got any opinions on these things? Has Steve sold out? What do you think it's long term value will be?

Hotrauder
11-17-2006, 05:42 PM
I chased a SVT Focus around Sebring long enough to know that those little bastages can fly. also it doesn't seem to make much difference what line is chosen in the turns..they scoot. the Saleen edition I know nothing about but if is as good as the SVT in the twisties and as fast as I suspect in the straights I would love to have the sleeper version sans cladding etc. :D Dennis

RoyLPita
11-17-2006, 06:01 PM
My dealer had one and could not sell it. Saleen ended up buying it back.

LILALLEYKATT
11-17-2006, 06:37 PM
I guess Saleen probally shipped to back out west to the LA area...What was the original sticker on the cars?? Anyone know..

BAD MERC
11-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Check this OUT!!! speakers on - she sounds Suh-weet!!

http://www.tcf-v8-focus-conversions.com/zx351_shakedown.html

Eric91Z
11-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Roush has a similiar conversion kit as well. There is a dealership here that usually has 2 or 3 of the Roush Focus, 3 or 4 Roush Mustangs, and even more Roush F-150s.

Donny Carlson
11-17-2006, 08:44 PM
I guess Saleen probally shipped to back out west to the LA area...What was the original sticker on the cars?? Anyone know..

$25,999. Team Ford sold a couple, but they had to disconnect the nitrous system. It's illegal in Georgia to run a car on the street with nitrous hooked up and available.

http://www.saleen.com/n2o_focus_performance.htm

VNMUS
11-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Even though the Nitrous is Saleen installed, the warranty is void if you use it. Talked to the Saleen rep about it when they were launched here in the twin Cities 2 years ago.

VNMUS
11-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Check this OUT!!! speakers on - she sounds Suh-weet!!

http://www.tcf-v8-focus-conversions.com/zx351_shakedown.html

Now that is awesome! :bows:

Raudermaster
11-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Sweet! I think it's cool Saleen wants to get into the smaller engine game. Although, Ford basically only has the Saleen. I can see them doing a Saleen Fusion though. This reminds me of Tim Allen's Saleen Windstar. http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/6327/FFD0CE1E9253401D9908D0D3BC8993 09.jpg

Raudermaster
11-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Yea, those V8 Focus' kick some serious butt. I'm sure it's a long, and somewhat painful process. Definately be a kick ass sleeper though. Who would expect a throaty, V8 sound coming out of that little shoebox?

CRUZTAKER
11-18-2006, 10:00 AM
As far as "ricers" go, it's not too horrible ...

Ricer?

Perhaps your post is in need of a "second" edit.:shake:

Raudermaster
11-18-2006, 10:46 AM
lol. I was thinking the same thing. It's a domestic made vehicle, but yet it's "rice?"

Leadfoot281
11-18-2006, 12:17 PM
I wasn't even aware the Focus was produced domestically. I also wasn't aware that the same guy behind the S7 also built hopped up Focuses..(Foci?).

There is some guy running around here with an '86 Saleen Tempo.(it does say Saleen across the top of the windsheild.....:rolleyes: ). Jokes on me! I guess I had better stop and give that car a closer look too. Maybe I'll post some pics when it goes up for sale. Some one here may be interested in it....

Apparently the car has 150hp and not the 190hp the salesman told me. Doesn't surprise me though, since this is the same place that told me the Marauder I currently own, had air conditioned seats. He said, and I quote; "one button heats the seat, and the other button cools them".

Perhaps "tuner car" is better than "ricer"?

As I understand it, the term "tuner" was originally used to describe cars by Steeda, Rousch, Kenny Brown, and Saleen. I hear "tuner" or "tuner cars" used to describe hopped up imports more frequently today though. (usually by folks that drive Hondas).

Other places generally group all four cylinder, front drivers, with nitrous, big exhast tips, body kits, huge spoilers, N20 stickers, and pimpin wheels as "ricers".

I've even heard Cavaliers with fart can exhast pipes being refered to as "riced out" or "ricer". But is that even possible? After all it is a domestic car. So was I wrong to call the Saleen Focus N20 a "ricer"?

Now, what about the Marauder? Import or domestic? It was built in Canada. Can't honestly call it a "ricer" or a domestic. How does "hockey puck" sound?

Should the Focus be called "domestic rice"? That sure doesn't make any sense. Maybe it should be called "Whopper combo with fries?" Maybe the Saleen Focus N20 should be called a "domestic tuner" and have it lumped in with the legendary Baldwin Motion Novas, Calloway Corvettes and Yenko Camaros...

Go tell the owner of a Baldwin Motion Vette that he's driving a "domestic tuner" and see what happens.

I'm really confused now!

My most humble and sincere appologies to anyone I may have confused/offended with the term "ricer".

RCSignals
11-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Maybe since it is domestic (by way of Europe) it it could be called 'Licer' instead of 'Ricer'

djbruce26
11-18-2006, 09:38 PM
From what i've seen/felt the Saleen foci are pretty much stock. THey keep the same gutless Zetec engine, get nasty body mods, get a N20 kit and some better suspension parts... not really worth it. Just buy a regular focus, add nitrous. It's alot cheaper, just as fun and doesn't look bad.

SergntMac
11-18-2006, 10:19 PM
The 2006 Ford Racing catalogue delivers everything you need to buy a Focus and install a Mustang V8 powertrain. Engine, tranny and true RWD with a live 8.8 rear end. You supply your components of choice, FRP supplies brackets, adapters, and instructions.

Some sweat, but major problem solving is done. You can use the Cobra engine, the Mach I engine, a Marauder engine, even a push-rod 351. Manual or auto tranny selection too.

End result is worth it, IMHO. V8 power, decent tranny, live axel, in a 2800 pound package, and for under 35K (when all ingredients are brand new).

Ford Racing Catalogue, "don't leave home without it".

RCSignals
11-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Now
The 2006 Ford Racing catalogue delivers everything you need to buy a Focus and install a Mustang V8 powertrain. Engine, tranny and true RWD with a live 8.8 rear end. You supply your components of choice, FRP supplies brackets, adapters, and instructions.

Some sweat, but major problem solving is done. You can use the Cobra engine, the Mach I engine, a Marauder engine, even a push-rod 351. Manual or auto tranny selection too.

End result is worth it, IMHO. V8 power, decent tranny, live axel, in a 2800 pound package, and for under 35K (when all ingredients are brand new).

Ford Racing Catalogue, "don't leave home without it".

Now that would be nice

MarauderTJA
11-19-2006, 07:35 AM
The Saleen Focus is far more aggressive looking than the SVT Focus I bought. I blend into the flow of traffic pretty well, but that car stands out like a bright flashing light....I love my 03 SVT ZX5 Focus as a daily driver though. Fun car to drive with the six speed.