PDA

View Full Version : It continues..pt 2

Gre8one7
11-19-2006, 02:19 AM
Well if you keep up on my bad luck it continues. Last night was hanging out with some people. Got back to my car and all 4 doors and trunk were wide open. They didnt stay long because the only things missing are my 2 stage nitrous switch which they had ripped the wires out and pulled the plastic pins out frum underneatht he plastic part under the dash. The other thing they took was about 60-70 cds. Not really sure how they broke in because there are no marks anywhere. I know i locked it twice, once when i get out and once with the keys...

heres the rest of my bad luck ive had over the last year.

My bad luck with the rauder. So in the past my car has been egged, keyed, rearended, hit a dresser in the middle of the highway, hit a bag of bottles in the highway, hit in a parking lot, blown out 2 tires and i have something more to add. Was out with my girlfriend, i usually drive but she has a new probe Gt and wanted to drive. Well it started raining and first she slid through an intersection as the light was turning red, then almost hit someone pulling out of their drive way(not her fault). I then mentioned how i didnt want to die today. Well she pulled up in her ally and i figured thank god, well she went to pull into her driveway and turned in to early, i said "your going to hit my car, straighten the wheel" and then i hear a scrape. I just sat there thinking that could not have just happend. Well i got out and went to the left front of my car and felt around, i could feel some rough spots but the rain made it hard to see. Well today i looked and i have 3 or 4 white lines now on the left front of my bumper....Bah. Im cursed!

BlownBlass
11-19-2006, 03:43 AM
Uhhh, I don't know what to say.

Blackened300a
11-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Dude you sure you dont have one of these under your front seat from the Brady Bunch?

http://www.tvland.com/shows/brady_bunch/images/shows/pic8_lg.jpg

MarauderMark
11-19-2006, 07:54 AM
Play the lottery..

jim geary
11-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Actually you're probably lucky. If they wanted the car they would have taken
it. Scarry how easy someone can get in, huh? Almost makes you want to get
one of those train horns and hook it up to your alarm system.

frdwrnch
11-19-2006, 08:49 AM
They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Keep the chin up Ironman!

duhtroll
11-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Holy crap - all this in Moline? You have any idea who is responsible?

I grew up in Moline - won't be taking my MM there anytime soon. :eek:

djbruce26
11-19-2006, 10:51 AM
You can get an alarm system that will kill the perpetrators. When a door is opened and alarm engaged it blows fire out from the sides of the car. Not legal in the US... but what burglar is gonna wait there to file a lawsuit...

Black_Noise
11-19-2006, 11:04 AM
dam that sucks

Gre8one7
11-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Keyed, rearended and hitting a dresser happend in texas.

Holy crap - all this in Moline? You have any idea who is responsible?

I grew up in Moline - won't be taking my MM there anytime soon. :eek:

RCSignals
11-19-2006, 02:10 PM
...............Not really sure how they broke in because there are no marks anywhere. I know i locked it twice, once when i get out and once with the keys...

Well, I don't really know what to say. Other than you may be our new 'Black Cloud'

Are you positive you couldn't have accidentally unlocked the door the second time with the keys?

ckadiddle
11-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Well if you keep up on my bad luck it continues. Last night was hanging out with some people. Got back to my car and all 4 doors and trunk were wide open. They didnt stay long because the only things missing are my 2 stage nitrous switch which they had ripped the wires out and pulled the plastic pins out frum underneatht he plastic part under the dash. The other thing they took was about 60-70 cds. Not really sure how they broke in because there are no marks anywhere. I know i locked it twice, once when i get out and once with the keys...

heres the rest of my bad luck ive had over the last year.
Well, you make me feel better about my normally crappy automotive luck. My luck doesn't suck so bad after all. You, my friend, are an insurance agent's nighmare. :D

Side note: There must be only so many keycode combinations possible. At MVIV my wife discovered her fob would unlock another person's Marauder. :eek:

juno
11-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Get a trunk monkey!!!!

We had about two dozen Ford products broken into in my old hood in PB county. They went around with a signal transmitter and if the lights came on, they helped themselves.

I have also heard that they can 'learn' your code if you use the remote in a public place like a mall or something, so I always lock my ford products with the door the inside door switch.

ckadiddle
11-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey, I saw an actual Trunk Monkey at MVIV!!!! I thought they were entirely fictional untill I saw this:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/photos073.jpg

SID210SA
11-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey, I saw an actual Trunk Monkey at MVIV!!!! I thought they were entirely fictional untill I saw this:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/photos073.jpg

:hijack: The Maruader with the 20N on the window and Fl plates...what kind of inserts do you have and are they reflective?

JACook
11-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I have also heard that they can 'learn' your code if you use the remote in a public place like a mall or something, so I always lock my ford products with the door the inside door switch.

One of the cooler things about the numeric keypad, IMO, is that pressing the rightmost two buttons
at the same time will lock the doors. I've gotten in the habit of always using these rather than the fob.