PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't believe it

mtenderenda
11-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Today I stopped over at the gas station....I didn't hear any thump, and didn't think twice about it....But when I got out of the car, I noticed a 3 to 4 inch scratch next to the access door to the funnel....I couldn't believe it, people just don't car.....:mad2: You try to keep the car as perfect as possible...I felt like going back and riping the guys head off......I can't believe it.....

Black_Noise
11-29-2006, 01:53 AM
someone else pumped the gas?

mtenderenda
11-29-2006, 06:39 AM
Yeah someone else pump the gas....New Jersey law states that the driver does not pump the gas...I'm gonna pump it myself for now on.....

Haggis
11-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah someone else pump the gas....New Jersey law states that the driver does not pump the gas...I'm gonna pump it myself for now on.....

I posted on another thread that it is EPA regulations in NJ that the attendent must pump the gas. That way if any spills the gas station is help lialible.

2003 MIB
11-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Oregon too as I recall.

Bigdogjim
11-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes New Jersey is all they pump it, I have stoped them more that once from putting 89 in the tank when I asked for 93.

Across the river in Pa. where I use to live in Morrisville they had a local law where attendants pump the gas also.

The part I hate is when they "rest" against the car whlie fueling:mad:

SlkMerc
11-29-2006, 12:50 PM
have their head up their A** ? and better said, " How does one breathe with head up A** ?

RCSignals
11-29-2006, 02:33 PM
...I felt like going back and riping the guys head off......I can't believe it.....

you should have gone back

mtenderenda
12-01-2006, 06:31 AM
If I gone back...What would I accomplish? I would of been screaming my head off, I wanted to avoid that....It would of made my day even worse....:argh:

sweetair
12-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah someone else pump the gas....New Jersey law states that the driver does not pump the gas...I'm gonna pump it myself for now on.....I was just in NJ and I usually pump my own gas. When I jump out of my car, insert the credit card and start pumping before the attendant comes over, there is not much he/she can do. I used to be a gas attendant for Shell in NY for 6 yrs or so. It's in my blood.

Haggis
12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I was just in NJ and I usually pump my own gas. When I jump out of my car, insert the credit card and start pumping before the attendant comes over, there is not much he/she can do. I used to be a gas attendant for Shell in NY for 6 yrs or so. It's in my blood.

Becareful the 'Service Station Attentends' Union' doesn't catch you or you will end up in the swamps of Jersey.

VNMUS
12-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Does it cost extra having some else pump for you? In MN Full Service costs a lot more but is not mandatory.

RCSignals
12-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Does it cost extra having some else pump for you? In MN Full Service costs a lot more but is not mandatory.

In Oregon they say Gas prices would go down if the State went self serve, however the Oregon Gas prices are comparable to WA and CA state self serve prices, often less.
So who knows what would happen.

In BC there used to be both at the same stations, and self serve pumps were a little less $.