PDA

View Full Version : Driver Wiper Skips

engine23ccvfd
06-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Hello All,

We are actually having rain in Houston (yeah)!! Anyway on the way to work yesterday I used my wipers for the first time and after about five minutes of use they started to skip on the downward stroke....Its rather hard to explain I can see littl lines of water where the blades came of the windshield for a sec and then continue down before starting its upward stroke which is fine....Is it possible the new blades on a clean windshield are to grippy and this will go away as everything gets a nice coat of raod grime?

Anyone else have this prob?

MM03
06-05-2003, 11:46 AM
Alot of us had this same problem. I had new ones from dealer installed under warranty, but skipping was still there.
I tried some Anco blades from a local patrs store and all is well.

Bigdogjim
06-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Same for me but, I switched to bosch blades. More money but better quality. (IMHO)

Factory blades look good.

Mark McQuaide
06-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Lots of stuff in previous posts on this (hint hint...)

RF Overlord
06-05-2003, 11:59 AM
engine:

The factory blades suck.

Do a search for "wipers" or "wiper blades"...this has been an on-going issue that Ford was aware of...supposedly they are designing new blades. I have the NAPA Silicone blades, P/N 60-2240, and others say the Bosch blades work well, too...

engine23ccvfd
06-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Must be an old topic have not scene a peep about blades in the two months I have been here.....Thanks for the tips!

TAF
06-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Mark McQuaide
Lots of stuff in previous posts on this (hint hint...)

TOO funny, Mark

engine,

I highly recommend the Bosch 22". Another alternative would be the dealer replacement...because I DO know that the 300B got a different blade.

RCSignals
06-05-2003, 07:22 PM
not all the 300B got a diffferent blade.

As I've said before, I like those ugly flat early blades. You can send all yours to me if you don't want them :)

WolfeBros
06-05-2003, 07:58 PM
The Bosch blades work great.
Sure now the blade police will be on me. Damn.:rolleyes:

FordNut
06-05-2003, 09:49 PM
My 300A had the old type blades which did not work very well, the 300B had the new type. The new ones were much better and are even capable of having refills put in them. I took the 300A back for warranty replacement and now have the new type on both cars and they work well. If they start messing up, I'll get Bosch refills instead of entire blades.

JGaignat
06-05-2003, 10:31 PM
It rained the day I got my MM. Those factory blades are doo doo!! I bought new ones the next day and put Rain-X all over the windows. Problem solved. I also had a problem with my right blade not going down as low as it should. Took it back to dealer.....all ok now.