PDA

View Full Version : My newest addition to the fleet

Big Joe P
11-30-2006, 12:30 AM
A 1963 Super 88 Holiday.... to go with my 1963 Dynamic 88..

More Pics HERE (http://www.classicoldsmobile.com/forums/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/3015/sl/b)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/0/3/9/4.jpg

bigslim
11-30-2006, 12:55 AM
Nice Joe. It's good to be you. You gotta bring one of them to Dream Cruise next year.

Motorhead350
11-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Nice, but when are you getting a Rocket 88? Still love it though. Good buy!

Rider90
11-30-2006, 02:44 AM
She's a beaut, Joe. Very classy...

Mike Poore
11-30-2006, 03:48 AM
The black with burgandy interior is a great combination. You're lucky to have found another in high condition. Congratulations. :)

Haggis
11-30-2006, 04:14 AM
Nice Joe, real nice.:drool:

Hope you and Kim had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

LordVader
11-30-2006, 06:51 AM
:P I don't know if it's just me Joe, but there's something about a black car and that one is a beauty. Nice to be able to have some toys.

Zack
11-30-2006, 06:54 AM
Sweet Car Joe.

fastblackmerc
11-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Nice!!! Even if it's a GM...... :D

fastblackmerc
11-30-2006, 07:42 AM
Nice!!! Even if it's a GM...... :D

Bradley G
11-30-2006, 05:36 PM
sweet looking machine, Joe!

CRUZTAKER
11-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Ahhh it's amazing how much money you have when you give up oreos...:baaa:

I rode in the Dynamic....not but a block or so....but I thought it was a truley cool car.

The new one is nice as well, but there is something about the look and feel of the Dynamic that makes it cooler.

You do indeed have a great eye for cars. It really doesn't matter what manufacturer built them, as just about any car built in that era is what I remember a car should look like.

You really need to post a couple interior pics for the folks that are unaware of how cool the interiors were. Particularly the dash boards, controls, and steering wheel.

Did you get the exhaust issue corrected yet?

And better yet, where in the hell are you parking these vehicles on your property????? You're gonna need a two story garage before long.:D

Hmmmm:thinker:

Big Joe P
11-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys, check 12 pics HERE (http://www.classicoldsmobile.com/forums/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/3015/sl/b)
This one is in even better condition than the green one.
It has 38,000 original miles and the Sky Rocket engine, 330HP.
Only about 9000 of these made.
I DO plan to bring the Black one to Woodward, if I can still use the MCM lot:)
I HAD to do something with my old "sugar" budget, Diabetes gave me more spending power for toys, though I would LOVE a GIANT Oreo/Cookie Dough Blizzard.... those days are over... I may have to look into smaller cars too, dropping 35 pounds.... Every cloud has a silver lining guys..

bigslim
11-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys, check 12 pics HERE (http://www.classicoldsmobile.com/forums/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/3015/sl/b)
This one is in even better condition than the green one.
It has 38,000 original miles and the Sky Rocket engine, 330HP.
Only about 9000 of these made.
I DO plan to bring the Black one to Woodward, if I can still use the MCM lot:
Man, that car is "CLEAN". For my buddy Joe and his lovely bride Kim, I will make it possible.

RCSignals
12-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Nice Joe. If you are going to buy an old one by the General it should be something interesting like that OLDS, or a Pontiac or Buick.

pantheroc
12-01-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm not into old cars....but that thing is beautiful!! Good score!

the_pack_rat
12-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Sweet ride Joe.

It's probably no secret I have a very soft spot for old Oldsmobiles.

The years 1978-1980 when I was just a lad of 7-9 ... was a pretty cool time in my childhood, that made/molded my tastes in cars. During those 3 years ... my father owned what I still feel to this day ... was the coolest batch of cars he would ever own, all at the same time.

1967 Olds Delmont 88
1968 Olds Delmont 88
1972 Olds Toronado
(2) 1964 Buick Rivieras

I remember the 1st Dynamic 88 I ever laid my eyes on. It was sometime in 1979 I think. It would be parked in a tavern's lot, next to this deli I would walk to. Black exterior with the red gut. Buckets & console with the OEM console tach IIRC, ... I don't recall anything being out of place on that car - it was spotless. Just a lil' kid of 8 yrs old ... & I can't believe how that car made my mouth water. Funny, we moved @ a year later(1980) ... & 2 houses over across the street was where the owner of that car lived !. Turns out he was a friend of my fathers too(small world). He had a daughter @ my age - we became friends & I spent quite a bit of time over there & got to admire the car quite often & chat with her dad about it. I'll never forget one weekend ... her asking me if I wanted to do to a bingo game with her, her grandmother(I think) & her mother. I remember jokingly replying something to the effect in front of her mother & father ... "sure ... but only if I get a ride in the Olds". Well ... I got my ride & I was a happy lil' camper. He sold the car a year or so later IIRC(1981) ... & in another "it's a small world" type situation ... I actually came across the car @ year later while hanging out with another friend - his father & friend of his father. We end up at the father's friends house. We went to go into the garage & there was a black 64 Dynamic 88. Immediately I asked ... "is this "so & so's old car ?". He, I think rather surprised a young kid would know or take an interest in such a thing ... replies "yes it is". After walking around the car a bit ... I was a bit disappointed. Both sides had obviously been banged up & repaired quite poorly. Not sure what ever happened to it ... hopefully he sold it to someone who brought it back to it's former glory.

I wish I had gotten into cameras as a lil' kid .....

I'd love to have taken a bunch of car pics back then.

It was just too cool looking out the upstairs window into the backyard & seeing those (3) Oldsmobiles sitting side by side in the driveway back in 79' & 80'. Seemed as if they were always parked "just right" too ... spaced out just right & one not sticking out much further than the others.

Sigh ...

Someday I'm gonna find a way to re-create that image somehow.

Funny ...

I got my latest issue of Hemmings today & it had a brochure for an up-coming Barrett - Jackson auction. Suzi started looking thru it ... & asked me what a "build sheet" was. I figured what would be a better answer than actually SHOWING her a build sheet.

While I sadly don't have any photos of the car itself ... I did manage to stumble across this build sheet years ago, from the 1968 Delmont 88 mentioned above, my father owned 1978-1980. Last I saw the car was @ 1982 or so ... it looked like it belonged in a junk yard.

:(

BUILD SHEET -

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=6486
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=6486&c=3http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/3/1/68Delmont88-BuildSheet.jpg