PDA

View Full Version : car stats in one handy place

the fat bastid
06-05-2003, 06:38 PM
due to utter boredum i made a little excel speardsheet containing stats on some cars and how they all stack up

www.sof.ws/files/cars.xls

here some info:
all the stats come from edmunds.com execpt
the modded mm (mmm?). Thier stats had to be 'reverse engineered' to get flywheel output (to compare correctly to the other cars)
these numbers dont consider drive train loss differences (awd vs rwd, m v a, etc..)
after looking at all the numbers i'm pretty sure they dont mean jack. you just cant compare 2 different cars...shiiiiiit, you can barely compare 2 mms

edit:
the reason it was made was the tq and hp to weight comparisons.

edit 2:
the cars chosen where more or less random to whatever popped into my head

the fat bastid
06-05-2003, 07:41 PM
c'mon....30 views and no replys? does it suck that much? if it does i wont know till you tell me!

FLA RAUD FAN
06-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Fat,
Checked it out....Pretty interesting. !! Dude I think you've got waaaay too much time on your hands.... !!!
JP

Bigdogjim
06-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Did not open on my computer?

the fat bastid
06-06-2003, 02:19 PM
dog, its in excel format. youd need ms excel or office to check it out

thanks fan

nexstar7
06-06-2003, 02:46 PM
you def have tooooo much time in hand

Smokie
06-06-2003, 03:12 PM
Hey Fat's:
Liked your work!!! After I downloaded an Excel viewer from MS. it was worth it. I have a suggestion if you have the time and care to do so. A while back I suggested to Logan creating a section were all measured ET's for our members cars both stock and modified could be viewed at a glance. He probably doesn't have the time and I can understand that. If you can do it I believe it will be a great reference source. Anyway I like your spreadsheet !!! :D :D :D

jgc61sr2002
06-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Fat - Very interesting and it does not suck.

darebren
06-06-2003, 03:31 PM
it only sucks a little.

just kiding, i give it two tail pipes up!