PDA

View Full Version : SRT-8 Charger Turbo

Raudermaster
12-01-2006, 06:39 PM
http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/12-02-06page-Dodge-Charger-SRT-8-turbo.htm

11.76 @123mph. I still wouldn't own one, but damn, that turbo sounds badass. I have no info on the motor and numbers.

mpearce
12-01-2006, 10:22 PM
If he would have held more boost at the line that ET would have been much better.

Bradley G
12-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm not so sure Matt, My only race outing this season, I saw a SRT-8 Magnum break down at the green,The car was heavily modified and spraying 150 shot of NOS
The owner was not sure what was wrong with his car, Trans / gear.
I wonder if any driveline weak links are glareing, in Chryslers SRT-8 offerings.

mpearce
12-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Just by listening you could tell he didn't leave under much boost. But when the boost hit, you could most definitely tell! The problem with most newbie turbo drivers is they don't know how to launch the cars. Takes years of good practice to get it down right. Watching my friend in his 87 GN, and my wife in her 87 Turbo T, you get used to how people launch them. I'm sure the high powered cars will break as you stated. I'd have liked to have seen him wait an extra 3-4 seconds, take his time...build the boost...and then let er rip!

:D

CRUZTAKER
12-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Ahh...another person that has no clue how to do a burnout. He has drag tires yet the car squirrels to the left. And the wheel hop at launch?

I have NEVER done either. I haven't run in the 11's however....:rolleyes:

Personally I like the car.

It's a shame it is so emabarrasing at the track.:down:

BTW: Did anyone else think that track looked a bit eighth mile?
11's in the 8 mile....ewww...I'm impressed.:baaa:

MarauderMark
12-02-2006, 04:17 AM
My wifes sisters husband has a 300C-SRT-8 also with a supercharger and exhaust and he turns 11.4 on stock tires and he keeps tellin me to bring the pink slip.This blows:rolleyes: :D

bugsys03
12-02-2006, 03:57 PM
I wonder if any driveline weak links are glareing, in Chryslers SRT-8 offerings.

I am hearing about broken halfshafts with slicks.

Power Surge
12-02-2006, 04:05 PM
That was a one wheel burnout, so no way he could have launched the car hard, and you can even see it pull to the one side on the shift from the uneven tire grab.

bigslim
12-02-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm not so sure Matt, My only race outing this season, I saw a SRT-8 Magnum break down at the green,The car was heavily modified and spraying 150 shot of NOS
The owner was not sure what was wrong with his car, Trans / gear.
Trannys are weak as are the heads.