PDA

View Full Version : just throwing this out there

Black_Noise
12-02-2006, 01:05 AM
i love that show csi- very intersting, i just realized im watching like the 4th episode in a row.

i feel smarter after each one, i dont know if thats a good thing, but i find it interesting

RoyLPita
12-02-2006, 05:35 AM
It is a neat show. I like all of the CSI shows and tape them every week.

AstroVic
12-02-2006, 08:18 AM
I hate that show.

When I was a full-time Crime Scene Investigator for a rather large metro police agency, that show came out and was becoming very popular. Everyone suddenly thought they were an expert in crime scene investigations because they'd seen it on CSI. I used to always get, "Hey, I was watching CSI the other night and...[blah, blah, blah]."

The truth is, real-world CSI is not like that show. This is largely due to practical time constraints, budget, and manpower issues. All of those things are possible, of course, but they're not practical.

RCSignals
12-04-2006, 01:37 AM
I hate that show.

When I was a full-time Crime Scene Investigator for a rather large metro police agency, that show came out and was becoming very popular. Everyone suddenly thought they were an expert in crime scene investigations because they'd seen it on CSI. I used to always get, "Hey, I was watching CSI the other night and...[blah, blah, blah]."

The truth is, real-world CSI is not like that show. This is largely due to practical time constraints, budget, and manpower issues. All of those things are possible, of course, but they're not practical.

OJ ...............

Mad1
12-04-2006, 06:28 AM

You mean your department couldn't devote the manpower, 4 techs and a supervisor, to completely scour a crime scene from top to bottom looking for stray hairs and then cotton-swab everyone in the neighborhood for DNA comparison? How did you ever catch any criminals?

J/K.

Mostly what irritates me is the speed at which they turn/process their results. I've never seen a lab that can gin up results as fast as they do on TV ... one shift is not realistic. I'd rather see some time compression, but I guess waiting 6 months to a year for lab results would kind of bog down the show. "Tune in next season to see the results of last week's evidence collection and 4 years from now to see a killer go free at trial due to lost evidence." That wouldn't be very compelling TV, I guess.

If you think I'm kidding ... watch some of those trials on Court TV. Nashville recently had a case that made Court TV, where the alledged murder (no body was ever found) happened over 10 years ago.

Mad1
Jeremy

Sully008
12-04-2006, 07:57 AM
I like CSI. I also like CSI:Miami. I started watching it when I was on vacation for 2 weeks with nothing to do. I realize that there's no way in hell that processing evidence would be that fast. To me, it's good drama. Also, what CSI drives around in a Hummer and wears Armani suits??

AstroVic
12-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Nashville recently had a case that made Court TV, where the alledged murder (no body was ever found) happened over 10 years ago.

I saw that episode.

Didn't that guy eventually confess to the body's location? I can't remember if it was that case or another one I'm thinking about.

pantheroc
12-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm a NCIS fan. Haven't found time to start watching CSI. Are the shows comparable?