PDA

View Full Version : MPG going up!!!

SID210SA
12-04-2006, 06:43 AM
I posted this in another thread on November 28th..: As the cooler weather persist my gas milage goes up....I just filled up yesterday and put 320 miles on that tank and drove for 25 miles with the gas light on. All in town driving. That is by far my best intown milage since I bought the car new. I did stomp on it a few times during that tank ( who can resist it? ). Dont know what that calculates to but when I filled up that tank I put in 16.7 gallons of gas. At the end of that tank I put in 17.8 gallons of gas. And the only mod is the JLT and Carfixers alignment specs and the tires pumped to 38 front and 40 rear psi.
And now today December 4th:
Now I just filled up again yesterday and got 346 miles out of that tank. I had put in 17.8 gallons of gas at the begining of that tank...the two differences are the much cooler weather....25-35 degrees difference, and that I have been driving much more conservative. Its very, very hard but I resist taking off kind of quickly. Now I just take off like I have a drink sitting on the roof (not that I would ever set anything on the car) and dont want to spill it. If I do my math correctly that calculates to 19.438202 MPG! Still all in town driving.:beer:

AstroVic
12-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Its very, very hard but I resist taking off kind of quickly. Now I just take off like I have a drink sitting on the roof...

Impossible.

(If you were driving a Honda, maybe, but a Marauder???)

ckadiddle
12-04-2006, 08:06 AM
I can't keep my lead foot up high enough and 95 percent of my driving is city in heavy traffic. My mileage sucks, but it's fun!!

OneBADLsE
12-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I managed around 20 mpg almost no matter how i drive. With a 60/40 mix of highway and city driving. my car will see 100 + mph at least 2 or 3 times per fill up..Yeah i know, im sick =)

99SVT
12-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Just make sure that you drive it harder and let it rev once in a while. These DOHC motors carbon up very quickly.

SID210SA
12-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Just make sure that you drive it harder and let it rev once in a while. These DOHC motors carbon up very quickly.

I did a couple of times yesterday.....I was on the shoulder of the highway and had to get in as cars were going by at 70+ mph and again at a yield sign, I stomped on it and got a little squirly....that was fun...