PDA

View Full Version : Flatulence forces American Airlines to land ...

DefyantExWife
12-06-2006, 09:50 AM
<table cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td><input id="search-field" name="q" accesskey="s" value="" type="text">
</td> <td><input id="search-button" src="http://www.comcast.net/images/buttons/topsearch.gif" value="search" type="image"></td> <td>More... (http://www.comcast.net/findit/?CM.src=top)</td> </tr></tbody></table> <script type="text/javascript">layGreetingYHM());</script><noscript>elcome!</noscript><!-- Start Columns --><!-- Start Stage --> <!-- Interior Wrapper --><!-- Start Content Wrapper --> <!-- Start Main Content --> Flatulence Forces Plane to Land

By Associated Press

<script type="text/javascript">document.write(getElapsed("20061206T120726Z"));</script>5 hours ago<noscript>UPDATED 4 HOURS 1 MINUTE AGO</noscript>
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.
The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.
The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.
"It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."
The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane. The woman, who was not identified, was not charged in the incident.

Yeah right... an unspecified medical condition :rolleyes:

duhtroll
12-06-2006, 11:11 AM
I always heard that airline stinks.

Hotrauder
12-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Wow, those HomeLandSecurity folks have no time to sleep. the escalation of the threat is not stop. Exploding sneakers, exploding arses..hard to contemplate what's next? Duct tape for my head? :D Dennis

MarauderMark
12-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah i heard this on Howard today she kept lighting matches to shoe away the poo smell .so they ejected her.she's suppose to be mental.
Shoulda asked the passengers what they thought.:D

Ken
12-07-2006, 10:32 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD><INPUT id=search-field accessKey=s name=q>

</TD><TD><INPUT id=search-button type=image src="http://www.comcast.net/images/buttons/topsearch.gif" value=search></TD><TD>More... (http://www.comcast.net/findit/?CM.src=top)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>layGreetingYHM());</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>elcome!</NOSCRIPT><!-- Start Columns --><!-- Start Stage --> <!-- Interior Wrapper --><!-- Start Content Wrapper --><!-- Start Main Content -->Flatulence Forces Plane to Land

By Associated Press

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(getElapsed("20061206T120726Z"));</SCRIPT>5 hours ago<NOSCRIPT>UPDATED 4 HOURS 1 MINUTE AGO</NOSCRIPT>
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.
The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.
The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.
"It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."
The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane. The woman, who was not identified, was not charged in the incident.

Yeah right... an unspecified medical condition :rolleyes:Doesn't she know that you're supposed to hold the match up to your a$$. :baaa: Butt thats another problem! The passengers would be complaining about the burnt hair smell from getting their hair singed! :flamer: :sorry: , couldn't resist! I'm headed back to my corner. :alone:

Ken

Leadfoot281
12-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I let one rip in the Marauder on my way way home from the dealership.

It was so bad that I got tangled up in the seatbelt trying to jump from the car at 60mph. I thought I was gonna die. Or puke, then die. Possibly even die from puking.

My whole life flashed before my watering eyes.

Crazy thoughts raced frantically through my mind. Dang it Leadfoot! You should have saved it for the salesman! You certainly could have knocked another $2,000 off the price! Why does my new Marauder smell like an Iowa pig farm? Where'd that nice "new car smell" go and will it ever return?

However, things soon passed. My watering eyes cleared up and my lungs quit burning. A few hours later my friends all comented on how much they enjoyed not only the Marauder, but also that wonderfull new car smell....

Apparently that "new car smell" is also built Ford tough.

MarauderMark
12-08-2006, 03:28 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I let one rip in the Marauder on my way way home from the dealership.

It was so bad that I got tangled up in the seatbelt trying to jump from the car at 60mph. I thought I was gonna die. Or puke, then die. Possibly even die from puking.

My whole life flashed before my watering eyes.

Crazy thoughts raced frantically through my mind. Dang it Leadfoot! You should have saved it for the salesman! You certainly could have knocked another $2,000 off the price! Why does my new Marauder smell like an Iowa pig farm? Where'd that nice "new car smell" go and will it ever return?

However, things soon passed. My watering eyes cleared up and my lungs quit burning. A few hours later my friends all comented on how much they enjoyed not only the Marauder, but also that wonderfull new car smell....

Apparently that "new car smell" is also built Ford tough.

Great sence of humor :D

Ross
12-11-2006, 06:21 PM
I think if you "inject" that gas into the gas tank it acts like an octane booster...