PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Impala

Peter
12-08-2006, 11:45 AM
The story of the 1973 Impala.
Many moons ago I had once owned a beautiful red ‘73 Impala, it had no air conditioning, vinyl seats. It was an replacement for the old Hillman car I had owned before. One day I visited a Chevrolet dealer here in Toronto I recently bought a house, and had extra cash from negotiating with the dealer. The total was: $2017 for the Impala, but the Impala was in great demand so I had to wait until one was ordered. When I got it from the dealer, he gave me the keys and I drove off.
I later relized that its hard backing into backing spaces so I bought a back up detector from Delphi. My dealer installed. After 20 years of service I bought my ‘93 Grand Marquis and left it on the driveway sitting. I tried fixing it up but it had many troubles such as:
Window Regulator.
Cylinder 7 was cracked.
As I spent money fixing it up I rebuilt the engine, so it would work much better. The chrome was falling apart so I moved it into my garage.
Then one faitfull evening my Wife threw out the Impla paying money to dispose of the vehicle, I was furious and quickly went to the towing place where I seen my Impala in pieces, a truly sad day it was.
And that is the story of my old impala.

Pictures to come, once I scan them..

Peter
12-08-2006, 11:47 AM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3736/impalaeb3.jpg
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/4712/impala2vt2.jpg

Peter
12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Those were all photos of an attempted theft of my Grand Marquis, hece thats why its focused on it.

88LTDCV351
12-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Can't see the Impala much in the pictures. I like the Impala's with the 409. I think they stopped making those Impala SS's in 67. I also like the 94-96 Impala SS.

These new Impala SS's have 303 horsepower and unbelievable gas mileage. Any opinions here on it?

superiorone
12-10-2006, 01:00 AM
The new Impalas are garbage, if you ask me. I rented a SS and the styling is very cheap, looks like it was made for rental car companies. And folks they brought back the V8............and front wheel drive!!!!!!!!!! :puke:And then you wake up! Ever since the the Last SS ran off the line in '96 was the last year the Impala and really Chevy too really lived up to the SS heritage.

Peter
12-10-2006, 05:26 PM
The new Impalas are garbage, if you ask me. I rented a SS and the styling is very cheap, looks like it was made for rental car companies. And folks they brought back the V8............and front wheel drive!!!!!!!!!! :puke:And then you wake up! Ever since the the Last SS ran off the line in '96 was the last year the Impala and really Chevy too really lived up to the SS heritage.
My thoughts exactly.:mad2: :alone:

TX Harley Guy
12-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Another Impala lover here, had a 63 & 64 SS models, well used when I had them but great cars!

For some reason Im thinking the original SS line ran until 70 I think but by then you could get a Chevelle or Monte Carlo SS, dont think they sold many after 67.
The 90s ones were badazz, Id love to have one, the new ones are a joke IMHO just like the current Monte Carlo SS.

Ross
12-11-2006, 06:04 PM
I'd just about give my right one to have a '63 or '64 SS Impala. That's when Detroit made CARS!

96DiamondVIII
12-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Man..when did that happen? You owned the car from new, over 20 years, and your wife sold it to a wrecking yard without telling you?

Ouch. That really sucks...I have a '79 Malibu that my grandfather bought new, and was my first car, and I would be enraged if anything ever happened to it. Similar situation though, it doesn't run currently, I had it at my parents' place but am now having to pay to store it. Sorry to hear that....

LILALLEYKATT
12-12-2006, 02:15 PM
HEY Peter; I did not think vehicles driven in salt everyday could survive longer than about 10 yrs....Sounds like you beat that plus some...Musta needed some patch panels at a minimum aye...