PDA

View Full Version : Do You Feel Lucky?

sailsmen
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Went to the gun range, 1st shot w/ 357 Mag from Black Hawk was dead on the bullseye.

Took my 11 year old and her friend to Laser Tag. Scored 4th out of 18.

Asked them if they wanted to do a burn out. Her friend who I had previously brought to Chevy Day at the track said yes.

After LAser Tag she asked if I was going to do the car thing. On the driveway to the apt complex I did a big burn out. They both got out to have a look and started blowing around the tire dust.

Next day went to the renaissance fest. Axe throw, 8 lbs. All 5 hit the target and one stuck.

Mike Poore
12-08-2006, 05:58 PM
OK, you're on.

You and the two little girls, against Me, Mike, (MM2004) and Billy Gman. We'll bring his BMG 50. We'll see your 8lb axe at 20yds and raise you a 50 CAL, 500gr FMJ @ 3,200fps at half a mile. :D

Oh, yeah, sorry, Billy's not in the burnout business, just now, so we'll concede that one point.

Hope you don't mind the ribbing, old friend, actually it sounds like you guys had an outstanding day. Good for you! :)

Um, you were wearing clothes, this time, weren't you? ;)

sailsmen
12-08-2006, 09:37 PM
I would like to see the BMG fired, that would be a real treat.

I can bring my 454 Casul Raging Bull.

60' is the limit for the Axe. 30' is a good distance and it takes 2 hands to pull it out.

It was cold so I was fully dressed.:D

Yesterday w/ the 357 I hit the bullseye 2nd shot @75' with my left hand. My eye perscrb is way off for my right eye. I think I will start shooting with the left hand.

Mike Poore
12-09-2006, 04:28 AM
I would like to see the BMG fired, that would be a real treat.
I can bring my 454 Casul Raging Bull.

Mike sent me a vid of him shooting the wee thing when Billy visited.

Y'know what? We need to have a mini meet at Knob Creek, that's where they were shooting Billy's super gun. ....Um, bring your own ammo. :D

BTW, when I first signed on, here I was told Logan wouldn't allow gun/shooting talk. :nono:

That policy has changed. :gangster:

MM2004
12-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Let's not forget our friend Gordon. Recently found out he is an enthusiast as well! ;)

I am waaaaaaay out of practice gents. I'll need to warm up with the scatter guns first.

Knob Creek is a great place, and can shoot up to 500 yards on their range!

Bring your own targets, ie. golf balls, bowling pins, jugs of colored water, cars, sewer covers, batteries, etc.

Ask me how I know,... :D

That 50 BMG is a freakin' handfull! :eek:

Sailsmen,

PM me your email addy, and I'll send you a small vid of me and the 50 at work.

Mike.

Mike Poore
12-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Sailsmen,

Mike.

PS, wear your ear protection! ;)

Haggis
12-09-2006, 08:07 PM

Mike.

Send me a copy.

Ross
12-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Anybody burnin' up ammo better invite me!

Mike Poore
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Anybody burnin' up ammo better invite me!

I propose a regonal meet this summer at Knob Creek. Who's in?