PDA

View Full Version : Officer down

marauder307
12-09-2006, 11:29 AM
This is the final fallout from POTUS's trip through Honolulu:

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=5791568

I worked on that trip, tangentially...looks like the WH forgot to do a threat assessment for Honolulu. What you folks back on the mainland DIDN'T hear about was that by the time Bush packed up and flew out, 4 motorcycle officers were in the hospital (Officer Favela was the only one that didn't walk out of it) and the WH acting Travel Director had been mugged and beaten within an inch of his life in downtown Waikiki.

Of all the lousy ways to go out...I feel terrible for this officer's family. This was not how that day was supposed to go. He was apparently a friend of Tommy's (ROADWARRIORSVT)...check Tommy's posts over on ParadiseCruisers Forum. :(

marauder307
12-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Wow...no love for a fallen HPD officer here.

Oooh-kay.

DEFYANT
12-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Don't know how I missed this one... I do remember hearing about him in the news.

Words do not express the sorrow I feel when I read these storys. My agency recently lost a young officer also.

AstroVic
12-12-2006, 11:36 PM
R.I.P. brother in blue.

That's really a sad situation. I hope I never have to go to another officer's funeral. I know it's bound to happen again - I've been to a dozen or more - but I wish it wouldn't.

I almost had to go to my own funeral once. What a bummer that would've been!

SID210SA
12-13-2006, 06:36 AM
I also read about that. I was amazed it wasnt on here sooner....Sorry for all the officers, espicially the one who did not make it....sad that such an accident happens in a motorcade...

magindat
12-13-2006, 06:40 AM
First I've seen or heard of this. I avoid the (bad) news like the plague.

My condolences and thanx for the service.

ROADWARRIORSVT
12-15-2006, 12:32 AM
I just found this thread. I haven't been on MM.net as much as I should lately. The funeral was beyond words,....