PDA

View Full Version : My apology is due

SergntMac
06-07-2003, 11:30 AM
A few days ago, I threw a fit here. I went against my own advice and I fell victim to my own cautions. It happened fast, and I should have gotten some air first. I did not, and I came to publically embarrass two good friends here. It's only right that my apology be equally public.

To RF Overlord and TAF, I apologize. I should have handled it differently and I did not.

To Logan, LML and others, I promise to do my best to not let this kind of thing happen again. Thanks for cleaning up after me.

This is a GREAT site, it's been my MM lifeline and I am protective of it. We all have had to endure malcontents and this past week, it was one right after another. In the same evening that I post advice on how not to act, I demonstrate exactly what I mean. Perhaps my feelings were hurt, but there are correct ways to deal with that and my actions are not on the list. I hope it does not cause others to follow suit.

There is no easy way to explain this, it's been a tough week for me. Lots of emotional hurdles. On Monday, 2 Jun, 03 I sold my MM to CarMax for 22,841.00, all my mods in tact. The car is spotless and very fast, perhaps the quickest N/A MM on the street. She was everything I've ever wanted in a car and you owners out here know how deep this attachment can get. I sold my best friend, without much time to make the appropriate emotional adjustments. I had too, I needed the money, and I needed it right now. This is not an excuse for my misbehavior here, but it is still on my mind, and I miss my Girl very much.

She's at Hillside IL. CarMax for a week or so, and then she'll be sent to one of the Chicagoland CarMax locations. If someone wants the quickest N/A MM on the street, get them on this now. It's still not listed in the CarMax inventory, but once it is, it will sell fast. I didn't explain the mods to them, I just said she was fast. If someone here buys her, I'll send out all the OEM parts I took off. Here the brief 411;

Bob White Ruby Red Reflective
Reinhart Delta Chip, 180 stat.
4:10s, Denso IT-20 plugs
Stallion TC / 2800 stall
Reinhart underdrive pulleys
Reinhart driveshaft
RaVin Z-55 mufflers
Wes Chain tips
Team Ford Dyno Tune
RWHP: 271.7
RWTQ: 293.7 Ftlbs
AFR: 12.5
Best ET: 14.214 @ 98.36 MPH

On the bright side, I needed the money to buy Mensrea's MM, and I had to move fast. I know a private collector who was eyeing the car and he was just waiting for a chance to get Bill off guard. The car would have been put away, he does this kind of thing, and that would be the wrong way to treat Kenny Brown's #1x. I didn't want to see that happen and Bill and I came to agreements. Believe me, it was a long week of negotiations and arrangements, and it's still not over. I won't have the car until this Friday. I told Bill I don't like supercharging, but there is no way I'm going to let this MM be put in storage.

Again, I offer no excuse, only my apology, and my promise to not let it happen again. I know there's a lot of e-mail waiting for me, but I needed to get lost for a few days.

Here's the spooky stuff. Bill sells me his car on it's one year production line birthday. Likewise my deal with CarMax, 1st birthday. And this Friday is Friday the 13th...go figure?

I'm taking some time off from here, see y'all later.

PS...added after post;
CarMax inventory number is 1721045
Mileage is 9,820

Bigdogjim
06-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Well I for one am happy your OK? Congrats on the the "new" Marauder. Take some time and chill we'll be here when you get back.
Now go answer some E-mails take a nap and have a :beer:

See ya in Texas.

Logan
06-07-2003, 11:44 AM
I think you're being a little hard on yourself no?

This is a forum, not Sam Quentin... :)

TAF
06-07-2003, 11:55 AM
You SON-OF-A-GUN!!!! Bill's car??!!

I couldn't think of a more appropriate 2nd owner...
:up:

RF Overlord
06-07-2003, 12:08 PM
OMG, I am SO jealous...

Sarge: I accept your apology on one condition: that you also accept mine...
I promise, no more "kingpin" jokes...

:D

Bigdogjim
06-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Hey RF http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g/imurevenge.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/biggrinking.gif

Menace
06-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Good luck and enjoy the car Sarge. :up: :burnout:

Matt Johnson
06-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Sarge - little bait and switch there...I was actually feeling sorry for you until I read that you "traded up" girlfriends, so to speak.

Congratulations - I look forward to reading about your impressions of the car here soon.

gja
06-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Sarge,
I cannot think of a better person to have and care for such a terrific vehicle. I won't wish you good luck, you don't need luck. You are the kind of guy who KNOWS how to keep such a special car correctly. Here's to many happy miles driving it, I am truly happy you ended up with it.

chapel1
06-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Mac at first I could'nt believe You sold your car!But now your getting Mensrea"s!WOW!!!!:coolman:

UncleLar
06-07-2003, 03:46 PM
I think you're gonna need those slicks now Mac. Congrats on the S#1,sorry about your "Baby".

Marauder57
06-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Serge,

Sorry about selling off your baby...but to be honest....you are not suffering from Empty Nest syndrome.....Man you just bought the cream of the crop....... :D

mad man
06-07-2003, 04:25 PM
WOW:burnout:

WolfeBros
06-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Mac,
Congrats on the new acquisition. I can think of no one better suited to take charge and care of Mensrea's car. I also understand the emotional side of having to sell your 'girl'. The old timers here got to see you mod her from stock and get her just right, while sharing the results with the rest of us and to our benefit.

Take some time if you need it, but know that your friends here anxiously await hearing about your new 'mistress' in only the way that SergntMac can tell it. Don't stay away too long good friend.

FLA RAUD FAN
06-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Way to go Sarge!!!!
Here's to the lucky bastige that get's the old Sarge Mobile...jeeez if it was closer I probably have some buddies that would have liked to have had it.
Hope it doesn't fall into the hands of someone totally oblivious to what they have...

JP

jgc61sr2002
06-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Sarge. - Congrats on purchasing the #1 Marauder, the best in the country. Couldn't happen to a more sincere person. You sir are a true gentleman. :help: :beer:

FLA RAUD FAN
06-07-2003, 05:46 PM
I have used Sarge's mod's as a reference and I am still dazed that his former car is gone....... I can definately appreciate the desire for the new ride though.....WOW
JP

vaderv
06-07-2003, 06:27 PM
You had me goin for a sec....whew ; )

Long Live #3
06-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Very nice Sarge. I can bet you are going to take it for a little :burnout: :D

DLoreanMARAUDER
06-07-2003, 06:55 PM
WOW. we can call you, sarge the MM swinger:D. seriously, CONGRATES and although im sorry you sold your first MM, I am happy her memory and fun will live on in your NEW(ly aquired) MM!:up:

:up: now go for a :burnout: you deserve it:up:

Vince Gortner
06-07-2003, 07:48 PM
Man, I hate it when this happens! I step away from the forum for a few days and I miss this!!!!

Sarge, I hope you'll let me know when you are coing out for more dyno tuning? We've gotta see the numbers on that machine...

Congratulations!

SaxGuy
06-07-2003, 08:53 PM
I for one am soooo damn jealous! Congratulations on the new lady, and I'm sure who gets your old Marauder will appreciate it. If I hadnt bought yet another car, I would definetely go looking for it at carmax!

schuvwj
06-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Sarge congratulations Man that’s great! Please put one of the those smart ass Corvette owners where they belong!

Fourth Horseman
06-07-2003, 09:13 PM
You're more of a man than I am, Sarge. I couldn't have done it. I know, trading up to a super charged Kenny Brown, but still... I'm so attached to my car, rear suspension squeek and all, I couldn't have unloaded it if I tried. :)

Congrats on the upgrade, bro! :up:

RCSignals
06-07-2003, 11:07 PM
I can just see you sweating over this, and trying to figure how you could swing both.

Now, someone here, head over to CarMax and rescue Mac's girl, before it goes to the shop for a white vinyl half top!

Saxguy, trade that Nissan for it!

SaxGuy
06-07-2003, 11:16 PM
RC, the thought has and is crossing my mind

JamesHecker
06-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Glad to see Bill's Kenny Brown #1 staying in the family!

chapel1
06-08-2003, 05:03 AM
Unclelar I don't think I'd be sitting on the fence on this one.Even if it isn't your first color choice?Mac's car is fast and well maintained!

BODYMAN
06-08-2003, 06:43 AM
Congrats Sarge. I can tell you, you will love this one as much as youre last youre gonna have a blast with it!!!! I can tell you from my experience.

SergntMac
06-08-2003, 07:03 AM
Thank you all for your comments, it's a good feeling to be among real friends. Texas and Hershey are going to be a blast!

Here a link to CarMax...Not a bad asking price for one fine automobile. All my mods in place, and I have the OEM parts on hand. Go for it!

http://www.carmax.com/dyn/factsheet/factsheet.asp?pageType=1&id=1721045

Bigdogjim
06-08-2003, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RCSignals
[
Now, someone here, head over to CarMax and rescue Mac's girl, before it goes to the shop for a white vinyl half top!

RC: Already got one! For Sarge's "old" MM I was thinking red??
:P

gonzo50
06-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by WolfeBros
Mac,
Congrats on the new acquisition. I can think of no one better suited to take charge and care of Mensrea's car.
Why you little sneaky rascal, Ditto what WolfeBros said, I'm happy for you and the feeling must be undescribable, "Enjoy":D

JamesHecker
06-08-2003, 12:02 PM
The CarMax listing says nothing about the mods. Wouldn't it surprise some unsuspecting buyer to get Sarge's car with all those mods without knowing about it ahead of time!

TAF
06-08-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by JamesHecker
The CarMax listing says nothing about the mods. Wouldn't it surprise some unsuspecting buyer to get Sarge's car with all those mods without knowing about it ahead of time!

Somebody would FINALLY drive away from the dealership the way we all should have....IMHO.

Don't :flamer: me stocker folks....:D

Bigdogjim
06-08-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Somebody would FINALLY drive away from the dealership the way we all should have....IMHO.

Don't :flamer: me stocker folks....:D

No :flamer: there mod-boy.:D to each his/her own:P

ps: does the half vinyl top count:rolleyes: ;) :cool:

TAF
06-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
ps: does the half vinyl top count

Yes...but that would be "Mod Squad"

mensrea
06-09-2003, 08:08 AM
It was great doing business with MAC.. it's great to keep it in the family

jeSSe96
06-09-2003, 11:08 AM
:alone:

jgc61sr2002
06-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mensrea
It was great doing business with MAC.. it's great to keep it in the family mensrea - I'am glad I worked out for you and Mac. :up: