PDA

View Full Version : GTECHPRO, user effectiveness?

OneBADLsE
12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Has anyone purchased the GTECHPRO??? If you have, please let me know the good, the bad, and the ugly about this unit. I want to purchase one tonight so i can have it by tuesday!!

Thanks in advance,
LSE

60sec_assassin
12-17-2006, 05:18 PM
I just got mine on saturday, i really haven't had a chance to play with it yet but so far its pretty cool. You have to enter some data on your car for it to be accurate, i did a quick run on it this morning on my way to work, i did 0-60 in 6sec and 13.82 in the 1/4 but i hadn't entered all my dat on the car and never adjusted my rpms to the gtech like i was supposed to but when i get off work tommorrow i'll set everything right and take it for another spin:burnout:

OneBADLsE
12-17-2006, 11:27 PM
I just got mine on saturday, i really haven't had a chance to play with it yet but so far its pretty cool. You have to enter some data on your car for it to be accurate, i did a quick run on it this morning on my way to work, i did 0-60 in 6sec and 13.82 in the 1/4 but i hadn't entered all my dat on the car and never adjusted my rpms to the gtech like i was supposed to but when i get off work tommorrow i'll set everything right and take it for another spin:burnout:

How easy is it to set up??? If its not a problem, write a little mini review on it :beer:

Also, does it show current MPH for road trips?

60sec_assassin
12-19-2006, 02:46 PM
well set up is pretty simple, you have to enter the weight of your car ( just go to your local truck stop and hop on the scales...cost about 7 bucks) set your rpms and thats about it besides it pretty much gives you a step by step on the display, the best run i've gotten so far is a 13.83 @ 98mph with a 0-60 in 5.70 still playing with it though...in january i get my vortech....then the fun really begins.:banana: :banana:

gpfarrell
12-19-2006, 08:43 PM
I have an older G-Tech... might be 3 or 4 or 5 years now... we've had a couple of little boys in the mean time and everything else gets fuzzy.

Anyhow, I really like mine.

It's not flawless, but it's much more consistent than most drivers are.

0-60 should be really close. 1/4 time should register longer on a G-Tech as it starts counting once the car moves, while the dragstrip doesn't start counting until the car has moved far enough to quit breaking the light beam at the starting line. Trap speed will register higher with a G-Tech as it measures your speed at 1320 feet while the dragstrip measures your speed over 60' from 1260' to 1320'. I really don't think these are inaccuracies, just differences.

I haven't used mine in awhile, but just pulled it out to get a feeling for what my car will do with the Trilogy under the hood.

Mine is simple enough to use that I never need to review the directions anymore.

I've had fun with mine, not sure how much better the newer ones are.

JamesHecker
12-19-2006, 11:25 PM
I never got mine dialed in to be accurate and then I lost interest.

Vortech347
12-20-2006, 12:31 PM
I ran one when they first came out...

Used it at the track. It was within a tenth every run but the mph was WAY off as in 10mph. It always read high on mph.