PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Bee Extermination

DeadVic
12-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Gotta love it

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=224317 6

Black_Noise
12-25-2006, 10:28 PM
hey Ma, grab that there hitch for the mini van, im gunna throw it at them there bees!

Rider90
12-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Great thread! Looks like a good time

Mike Poore
12-26-2006, 04:13 AM
Of course, on the other side of that little hole, inside the wall, is a treasure trove of honey. If they don't get it, the bears will. :D

Joe Walsh
12-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Those dopes are lucky that those were NOT Africanized honey bees...those bees would have 'lit up' the guys worse than that BBQ!

"Uhhhh, I got rid of the bees, but I burned down the swing set and ruined 1/2 the lawn..."

LILALLEYKATT
12-26-2006, 07:26 AM
My grandfather was a beekeeper and I went with him to remover a hive from the heart of a large tree that was being cut down. While they were smoking them out after the tree was felled I was attacked and stung on my left eyebrow while standing 50 yards away. My face swole up so much overnite that I was unable to drive home the next day. Since then I do not put myself into a situation where I could be stung....Great thread and it looks like a good time was had by all....

O's Fan Rich
12-26-2006, 07:57 AM
I am shocked that the bee removal people did not come right out. Maybe they were just exterminators, but the real bee keepers would have come right out and collected that swarm for themselves... there's money in them there bees!

Bluerauder
12-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Those dopes are lucky that those were NOT Africanized honey bees...those bees would have 'lit up' the guys worse than that BBQ!..."
Some 42 years ago, my sister and her husband lived in North Carolina near Seymour Johnson AFB/Goldsboro. They had a garden outside of town and grew fresh vegetables for themselves. One day, I went with my sister and nephew who was about 2-3 years old at the time. While we were getting some of the produce, the boy wandered over to a bee hive that we hadn't noticed.

The boy stuck his hand inside the hive and we heard a "blood curdling" scream. He had been swarmed completely. My sister and I ran over and started to brush off bees by the hundreds. She ran and got the car as I carried him and kept swatting and brushing more bees off. She headed directly to the base hospital. Fortunately, the story has a happy ending. Today that boy is 45 years old and retired from the Air Force. Of course, he was quite alergic to bee venom. One more sting could have killed him.

The interesting part is that neither me or my sister suffered one single sting. The bees were focused on their attacker and didn't even bother with us. :dunno: