PDA

View Full Version : Tire wear problems

Long Live #3
06-09-2003, 06:12 AM
On both of the rear tires on my friend's MM, the center of the tire is almost bald. The air pressure is 32 an has been checked every month. They've also been rotated. Will the dealer do something about it or will he have to buy a whole new set of tires?

RF Overlord
06-09-2003, 06:16 AM
How many miles?

Long Live #3
06-09-2003, 06:17 AM
About 10-15,000.

RCSignals
06-09-2003, 12:37 PM
They are under warranty under the bumper to bumper as well as under BFGoodrich. Under the bumper to bumper Ford will replace them. If he has BFGoodrich do it there may be a fee. If he pays a Fee to BFG he can take the receipt to his Ford dealer and ford may reimburse him for it.

mdmarauder
06-09-2003, 01:26 PM
The three dealers I've talked to about it in my area just refer me to a BFG dealer. I think it would be hard to get Ford to replace the tires under warranty.

RCSignals
06-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Show them the warranty. It's written clearly that Ford will replace tires, as will BFG. It says if you have BFG do it, and they charge a fee, you are to submit the receipt to the Ford dealer for consideration of reimbursement, if it's during the period of the bumper to Bumper warranty

jgc61sr2002
06-09-2003, 08:26 PM
He probably has a heavy foot. If you can get FMC or BFG to spring for new ones more power to you.:up:

mdmarauder
06-10-2003, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the info RC,

Two rear tires at Tirerack cost $85.00 a piece. BFG Dealer will pro-rate on a price of more than double that. I'd rather not pay more and hope that Ford pays me later. Also where did you see the Ford warranty addressing this?

For the record, no tirespinning on the rears at all. The car is completely babied. If I killed the rears I would suck it up but the fronts are like new and only the very center of the rears are done. Without spinning it just baffles me that they wore like that I've driven nothing but rear drive cars and never seen this.

Long Live #3
06-10-2003, 08:06 AM
He thinks it has something to do with the suspention or tire defects or something like that.

notacop
06-11-2003, 12:30 AM
mine are like this too. i have the feeling its a suspension/alignment problem. my car has 5k miles on it and the fronts look brand new besides the shoulder knobs. anyway, my rears are wearing way too fast and starting to approach the wear bars. i have never done a burnout and really dont drive all that aggressively save 2 trips to the track. i'm gonna take this up with l/m next time i'm in. i'll keep you all posted.

RCSignals
06-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by mdmarauder
Thanks for the info RC,

Also where did you see the Ford warranty addressing this?

In the Warranty book that came with the other booklets and Owners manual.