PDA

View Full Version : a bit of history

RCSignals
12-28-2006, 12:41 AM
The message of this thread is still relevant. Even with new management

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21676
(http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21676&highlight=kilt)

RCSignals
12-31-2006, 01:32 AM
This 'history' , and there are more threads like it, are important especially at this time.

O's Fan Rich
12-31-2006, 06:58 AM
I missed all that... didn't even post in it...

Haggis
12-31-2006, 10:27 AM
The message of this thread is still relevant. Even with new management

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21676
(http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21676&highlight=kilt)

Save your time Duncan, it is only falling on deaf ears or blind eyes as the case maybe.

RCSignals
12-31-2006, 06:37 PM
I missed all that... didn't even post in it...

Doesn't matter. There are still lessons to be learned in it all.

RCSignals
01-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Save your time Duncan, it is only falling on deaf ears or blind eyes as the case maybe.

True it seems. Some people seem to be looking for 'answers' They'll find some in that link, and the curious can search for more. Logan didn't delete everything

MarauderTJA
01-02-2007, 05:48 PM

Your right Gordon. But hopefully all this :bs:will pass and those that like to keep things stired up will well,,,,just go away....

A True MM.NET Supporter and proud of it:up:

STLR FN
01-02-2007, 06:31 PM

True it seems. Some people seem to be looking for 'answers' They'll find some in that link, and the curious can search for more. Logan didn't delete everything

Your right Gordon. But hopefully all this :bs:will pass and those that like to keep things stired up will well,,,,just go away....

A True MM.NET Supporter and proud of it:up: Ya know the ADMIN banned four people, some more got pissed off and left and you guys keep stirring the **** even more with comments like these. And I'm not just picking on younz as others have said stuff on both sides. If ya really want it to die then leave sleeping dogs lie. MM.net and MCM.com can co-exist if ya actually tried to let em.

AstroVic
01-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Ya know the ADMIN banned four people, some more got pissed off and left and you guys keep stirring the **** even more with comments like these. And I'm not just picking on younz as others have said stuff on both sides. If ya really want it to die then leave sleeping dogs lie. MM.net and MCM.com can co-exist if ya actually tried to let em.

Agreed 100%.

I'm totally sick of the bull*****, and the banning of the MCM members is truly one of the lowest cheap shots I've ever seen. (And I believe most of them, if not all of them, were dues paying members, too.)

But, whatever, the admins can do as they see fit. It's their site and they gotta live with it one way or the other.

Me? I'm a Marauder fan. Call me nuts. But when I see a spade, I'm going to call it a spade.

MM2004
01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
As of right now, no one has been banned!

The mood of this thread has been somber since it was started 5 days ago.

Right up until the last 2 posts.

I am asking politely to please keep it positive and on track.

Thanks,

Mike.

Jerry Barnes
01-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I will freely admit I am not a Saint and I get into a few knock down, drag out fights with a few members on occassion. But I think both sites have there value and following. I am aware of some events that will happen tonight that will permenantly divide these two sites from this point forward.. It is a shame and I hate to see it happen. Cooler heads should prevail, but I am afraid it will not happen.

Jerry

AstroVic
01-02-2007, 08:40 PM
As of right now, no one has been banned!

Mike,

Have certain MCM.com members been told they are going to be banned within the next 24 hours? Shakes, Tallboy, Carfixer, MI2QWK4U, et. al? Or is that incorrect information?

I'm just trying to clear things up, because your statement that nobody has been banned confuses me. Either you don't know about the 24-hour death knell those men were given, or you do know and your use of the words "as of right now" were crafted to hedge your bet, so to speak.

I'm not trying to stir ***** up - that's already been done by others. I'm simply trying to make sure I know if that smell in the air is what I think it is.

MM2004
01-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Mike,

Have certain MCM.com members been told they are going to be banned within the next 24 hours? Shakes, Tallboy, Carfixer, MI2QWK4U, et. al? Or is that incorrect information?

I'm just trying to clear things up, because your statement that nobody has been banned confuses me. Either you don't know about the 24-hour death knell those men were given, or you do know and your use of the words "as of right now" were crafted to hedge your bet, so to speak.

I'm not trying to stir ***** up - that's already been done by others. I'm simply trying to make sure I know if that smell in the air is what I think it is.

When I typed my last response, No one was banned as I stated.

Again, please keep on track.

Thanks,

Mike.

AstroVic
01-02-2007, 08:44 PM
When I typed my last response, No one was banned as I stated.

Again, please keep on track.

Thanks,

Mike.

I can read between the lines. Thanks for the quick response.

HwyCruiser
01-02-2007, 08:58 PM
The frustration is shared all around.

Admins, do what is the best for this site and the core membership. The "silent majority" will continue their support of the mm.net community as it has through the past.

MM2004
01-02-2007, 08:59 PM
The frustration is shared all around.

Admins, do what is the best for this site and the core membership. The "silent majority" will continue their support of the mm.net community as it has through the past.

Thank you kiind sir!

Mike.

shakes_26
01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Mike,

Still here, like a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe....... :P

Bigdogjim
01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
And no need to feel that way.

Keep in touch.

RCSignals
01-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Still here, like a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe....... :P

I'm glad you are. Here that is, not a piece of gum :P

MM2004
01-03-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm glad you are. Here that is, not a piece of gum :P

Amen to that, my Marauder Brothers!

:beer:
:beer:
Mike.

Haggis
01-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Ya know the ADMIN banned four people, some more got pissed off and left and you guys keep stirring the **** even more with comments like these. And I'm not just picking on younz as others have said stuff on both sides. If ya really want it to die then leave sleeping dogs lie. MM.net and MCM.com can co-exist if ya actually tried to let em.

I just told Duncan it was a waste of time and still believe it is.

Ya know it is not me stirring anything. I have been sent links to MCM by friends and there are members over there that like to flap their lips. My problem only exsists with one person and we have not liked one another since day one. I do not mentioned his name in any of my posts, but it seems he likes to mention mine and tries to give me a bad name. I for one am glad he is no longer here.

I am friends with members at MCM and the Admin here even though they have hard feeling towards each other. I also hope that the Admin can get past all these hard feelings and not go through with the banning of certain members of MM.net and the MCM.

MarauderTJA
01-03-2007, 06:36 AM
I am also friends with members over at MCM and the Admin here even though they have hard feeling towards one another. I also hope that the Admin can get past all these hard feelings and not go through with the banning of certain members of MM.net and the MCM.

I agree ^^ 100%. As we have always said, it is about the love of our Marauders and the people. Some people who have not been here long just are really not aware of the long term building and escalation of all this negative behavior over the years. Manufacturer loyalty issues being the root cause of most of it. Peace Marauder brothers and sisters:beer: .

RCSignals
01-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I agree ^^ 100%. As we have always said, it is about the love of our Marauders and the people. Some people who have not been here long just are really not aware of the long term building and escalation of all this negative behavior over the years. Manufacturer loyalty issues being the root cause of most of it. Peace Marauder brothers and sisters:beer: .

That sums it up.

I started this thread with a link to an old thread for those who wanted to take the effort to research some of the history of all of this.
Some people are under the mistaken belief that all that has transpired only goes back to the recent sale of MM.net.

Read the link, look at the players. Discover the pattern, it's all there (at least the mildest parts what weren't deleted).
If anyone wants to look further, keeping in mind much of the old threads were 'moderated' by Logan, you'll find a pattern by certain people that goes back to prior to the planning for MV2!
People have left here before for other Boards, almost always continuing to Bash MM.net from the place they went to. Then they come back and the cycle starts again.

That isn't stirring any pot. It isn't making anything up. Look for yourselves if you care to, or not.

The reality now is that MCM, a regional group that came into existence as a result of the camaraderie generated because of MM.net, has declared themselves a National Marauder board, recruiting members and supporting vendors. That's fine, let it coexist with MM.net, and lets stop the petty squabbling.

A couple of people, a while ago asked for their accounts to be closed or deleted, those accounts weren't closed until just recently, but an issue is made of it, even though it's what they wanted. For effect I guess.
About 3 or 4 others have had their accounts terminated as well it seems. Having watched the antics for some years I can see reasoning for it, but I won't comment on my personal feelings about it.
I'd like to think if any of those 3 or 4 really wanted their accounts re-established all they would have to do is ask.

MarauderTJA
01-03-2007, 05:04 PM
That sums it up.

I started this thread with a link to an old thread for those who wanted to take the effort to research some of the history of all of this.
Some people are under the mistaken belief that all that has transpired only goes back to the recent sale of MM.net.

Read the link, look at the players. Discover the pattern, it's all there (at least the mildest parts what weren't deleted).
If anyone wants to look further, keeping in mind much of the old threads were 'moderated' by Logan, you'll find a pattern by certain people that goes back to prior to the planning for MV2!
People have left here before for other Boards, almost always continuing to Bash MM.net from the place they went to. Then they come back and the cycle starts again.

That isn't stirring any pot. It isn't making anything up. Look for yourselves if you care to, or not.

The reality now is that MCM, a regional group that came into existence as a result of the camaraderie generated because of MM.net, has declared themselves a National Marauder board, recruiting members and supporting vendors. That's fine, let it coexist with MM.net, and lets stop the petty squabbling.

A couple of people, a while ago asked for their accounts to be closed or deleted, those accounts weren't closed until just recently, but an issue is made of it, even though it's what they wanted. For effect I guess.
About 3 or 4 others have had their accounts terminated as well it seems. Having watched the antics for some years I can see reasoning for it, but I won't comment on my personal feelings about it.
I'd like to think if any of those 3 or 4 really wanted their accounts re-established all they would have to do is ask.

Well said:up: . The END.

Jerry Barnes
01-03-2007, 07:38 PM
That sums it up.

RCSignals,

I can understand zapping a trouble maker, but some of these people weren't doing anything wrong. As a vendor I gladly supported both sites. I paid my dues upfront for the whole year. But, I want to respectfully disagree with you on one thing, these actions are different then before and this will change things forever. I have spoken to many of the key members of our Car Club and the MCM site, I think people from both sites should have a good discussion before this goes any further.

I posted this on another thread :

Jim,

You and I are good friends. And you seem to be the front man, so I don't want to be unfair to you. But, this action will change things forever. I hope the management of both sites get this fixed by the end of this week. As a vendor, I consider this unreasonable, given the actions I see perpetuated by other members.

Jim and the other owners, think very hard about this action. It is serious. Please try diplomacy.

Jerry Barnes
President
Trilogy Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

OneBADLsE
01-03-2007, 08:02 PM
You guys wanna see abuse? You only need to see one thread from FordVSCHEVY.com

http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57464

RCSignals
01-03-2007, 09:25 PM
play there
You guys wanna see abuse? You only need to see one thread from FordVSCHEVY.com

http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57464

Child's play there. Our old threads here are far more interesting, even with the post edits/deletes :lol:

RCSignals
01-03-2007, 09:32 PM
RCSignals,

I can understand zapping a trouble maker, but some of these people weren't doing anything wrong. As a vendor I gladly supported both sites. I paid my dues upfront for the whole year. But, I want to respectfully disagree with you on one thing, these actions are different then before and this will change things forever. I have spoken to many of the key members of our Car Club and the MCM site, I think people from both sites should have a good discussion before this goes any further.

I posted this on another thread :

Jim,

You and I are good friends. And you seem to be the front man, so I don't want to be unfair to you. But, this action will change things forever. I hope the management of both sites get this fixed by the end of this week. As a vendor, I consider this unreasonable, given the actions I see perpetuated by other members.

Jim and the other owners, think very hard about this action. It is serious. Please try diplomacy.

Jerry Barnes
President
Trilogy Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

hi Jerry. As I read your post I think you are talking about the most recent action taken here, the closing of some accounts.

My personal comment on that was " I won't comment on my personal feelings about it"
So you and I may actually be closer in agreement than you think.

There is background to all it though, and it goes back a long way. That's my main point.

As with you, I have no control over the actions recently taken.

OneBADLsE
01-03-2007, 11:38 PM
play there

Child's play there. Our old threads here are far more interesting, even with the post edits/deletes :lol:

Hell - i thought that was about the worst thread ive ever seen....:rolleyes: I cant imagine what used to go on here then