PDA

View Full Version : Roots Blower $4995.00

maraudernkc
12-30-2006, 03:07 PM
As stated in an earlier thread we are looking at coming out with a Roots Blower for the Marauder and the new Mustang. We will use the Eaton M112 Blower for the Marauder and the Mustang. The Marauder will have over 400RWHP. We will be making upgrades to this kit in any area that we can. For example if we can buy a better aftermarket intercooler for about the same money, we will. This will be a complete kit. Diablo will handle our tuning as they do for Procharger and Vortech. This will be a joint venture between myself and my good friend Dave at Injected Racing. This guy lives and breathes Ford Cobra's and Lighting's.

What I want to know from members here is how many people would have an interest in purchasing this kit at this price. Let me know your thoughts. We will always have our Procharger based kit.

Below is some pricing on a few of the bigger parts of the kit. I have not got down to the down and dirty pricing stage yet.

blower $1171
Intercooler $575
Int. adapter $113
Lower intake $428

fastblackmerc
12-30-2006, 03:43 PM
How does it stack up against the Trilogy?

maraudernkc
12-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Allot of the bigger items are Ford part numbers. There will be no difference in quality of parts.

How does it stack up against the Trilogy?

tmac1337
12-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Good luck on your newest endeavor Greg!

Except for a couple of items.....you should do just fine!

Let me know if I can help you with any of this......:P

RoyLPita
12-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Does your kit retain either the stock intake filter and tubing or any or the aftermarket kits?

94_302
12-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Sounds interesting, one of the biggest "shocks" with the Marauder aftermarket for me was the price of the blowers. I'm used to $2500 for a complete vortech new on a 5.0 I understand that the price is a reflection on the number of cars out there and units sold over the years. Anyways more choices is never a bad thing. Would it be possible to make the kit available in a "tuner" form or allow the buyer to delete a few items if they already have them, such as a heat exchanger, or even the eaton blower (if you end up using the oem take-off from a L or Cobra). I look forward to hearing more about this kit.

gonzo50
12-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Would it be possible to make the kit available in a "tuner" form or allow the buyer to delete a few items if they already have them, such as a heat exchanger, or even the eaton blower (if you end up using the oem take-off from a L or Cobra). I look forward to hearing more about this kit.

IMHO, it should be sold to the buyer as a complete kit, let the buyer delete what they don't need, the buyer then is responsible for there own actions after that. You screw it up.....no warranty coverage.

The kit should be complete and with warranty. Thanks....:beer:

LILALLEYKATT
12-30-2006, 07:19 PM
IMHO, it should be sold to the buyer as a complete kit, let the buyer delete what they don't need, the buyer then is responsible for there own actions after that. You screw it up.....no warranty coverage.

I think it would be nice if a person with limited funds had the option of piecing together a roots system. The 112 eaton is available on ebay quite cheap because alot of Cobras are upgrading to the twin screw. I didnt mean to hyjack this thread...

merc
12-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I think it would be nice if a person with limited funds had the option of piecing together a roots system. The 112 eaton is available on ebay quite cheap because alot of Cobras are upgrading to the twin screw. I didnt mean to hyjack this thread...

They might be cheap, but some modifications are necessary on the snout to work in the Marauder. I suppose someone could engineer the parts, but I think other things are needed also.

KillJoy
12-30-2006, 07:45 PM
DO IT!!!!! I would love to see one of these kits Greg!!!

Is this a twin or a single screw????

KillJoy

txmarauder
12-30-2006, 08:39 PM
If i did not already have one i would in a heart beat, the Trilogy IS just too expensive. If you really want to corner the market sell it as a kit with the smaller than the stock trilogy pulley for more hp and to save our hood liners :) . I still dont understand why Trilogy would sell a kit putting out less hp than other kits then charge you more for the smaller pulley and a retune when they should have just included it in the first place. The pulley is smaller so less material should be less money and they have to burn a tune for the kit anyways so just burn it for the smaller pulley. I love the blower i just dont like the price per hp ratio when a smaller puley and different tune would be sooo much better in the standard kit.

Zack
12-30-2006, 08:47 PM
If i did not already have one i would in a heart beat, the Trilogy IS just too expensive. If you really want to corner the market sell it as a kit with the smaller than the stock trilogy pulley for more hp and to save our hood liners :) . I still dont understand why Trilogy would sell a kit putting out less hp than other kits then charge you more for the smaller pulley and a retune when they should have just included it in the first place. The pulley is smaller so less material should be less money and they have to burn a tune for the kit anyways so just burn it for the smaller pulley. I love the blower i just dont like the price per hp ratio when a smaller puley and different tune would be sooo much better in the standard kit.

I am copying this text to my hard drive.
Its classic.

MarauderMark
12-31-2006, 03:34 AM
Good luck on your newest endeavor Greg!
:P

Yes good luck budd:up:

94_302
12-31-2006, 08:45 AM

I agree completely that a complete kit should have a warranty, but why would offering a tuner kit without a warranty be so bad? I don't believe anyone offers a tuner kit for the Marauder but you see that all the time with Mustangs and other cars.

sailsmen
12-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Let the Inquisition begin.:popcorn:

sailsmen
12-31-2006, 09:25 AM

I believe the smaller pulley and tune is sold by a tuner independent of Trilogy.

My thoughts are a kit would be sold that is similar to a current kit to a declining market. The kit would probably need to offer better performance and value.

I would like to see another Roots based Kit on the market.

maraudernkc
12-31-2006, 09:33 AM
We will only offer this as a complete kit with a warranty. We are thinking of having a stage 1 version and a stage 2 version. The stage one will use your stock 80mm MAF and the lower boost pulley. The stage 2 version will have a 90 mm MAF, Cold air intake, different fuel pump and a smaller pulley. We will not use the KB Boost A Pump on any of the kits. I know it sucks to drop the gas tank but down the road when you want more HP it will be there. The kits will come standard with a chip but you will be able to upgrade to a Diablo hand held tuner for $200.00 bucks. Upgrades to the tune will be FREE AS LONG AS YOU OWN THE CAR. We also will not include a boost gauge in out kit. Our price will reflect the discount for not including the boost gauge.

RoyLPita
12-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Did you find a guinea pig MM to try this kit out yet?

Zack
12-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Why dont you use the Shelby Blower, along with intake adapter plates from Racer walsh.
You will have the inlet on the drivers side by going this route.

maraudernkc
12-31-2006, 03:13 PM
I am looking at possibly purchasing another Marauder.

RoyLPita
12-31-2006, 03:49 PM
I am looking at possibly purchasing another Marauder.

What are you looking for in particular?

MarauderTJA
12-31-2006, 06:43 PM
I am copying this text to my hard drive.
Its classic.

When I bought my Marauder in JULY 04 I was going to get a Trilogy but wanted more boost for my personal higher horsepower applications. My choice. When I further inquired on this from their tuner, I was denied the smaller pulley and that was the end of it for me. Went Procharger and followed through with my plans and HP levels with a safe stock motor.

RCSignals
12-31-2006, 06:59 PM

I don't think there is an actual kit yet

maraudernkc
01-01-2007, 08:13 AM
A smoking deal.

What are you looking for in particular?

MainEngDwarf
01-01-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm interested to see what you come up with. Good luck

94_302
01-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Since you said you are thinking of doing a stage 1 and stage 2 version would the price of $4,995.00 be for the stage 2?

HwyCruiser
01-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Greg, quick question. How many of your customers have taken off their Prochargers in favor of a roots blower? Just verifying a rumor.

Edit: since we're quoting:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32867

8. Fact : I have never heard of one of our customers taking their Trilogy Supercharger Kit off their car and installing a Vortech or a ProCharger kit. I have heard of a bunch of Procharger and Vortech customers taking their kits off and replacing it with one of ours. That sends a very strong message.

MarauderTJA
01-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Greg, quick question. How many of your customers have taken off their Prochargers in favor of a roots blower? Just verifying a rumor.

8. Fact : I have never heard of one of our customers taking their Trilogy Supercharger Kit off their car and installing a Vortech or a ProCharger kit. I have heard of a bunch of Procharger and Vortech customers taking their kits off and replacing it with one of ours. That sends a very strong message.

Good point JD. I would like to know the answer to that statement as well.

maraudernkc
01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
JD, TooManyFords is the only person that I know of that has taken his F.I.T. kit off to put the below blower on. It's not a Trilogy. It sure does look awesome. I can't blame him for taking it off.

http://prorauder.frieltek.com/images/dsc03218.jpg

HwyCruiser
01-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Greg, maybe it's the other ProCharger vendor around here that Jerry's referring to. Facts are facts right?

Unbelievable. I'm going back to my project before I say something that will get me banned on two sites.

HwyCruiser
01-01-2007, 07:40 PM
OK, I'm over it. Since the other thread is locked, I'd sincerely like to thank Jerry for his response.

MM2004
01-01-2007, 07:51 PM
OK, I'm over it. Since the other thread is locked, I'd sincerely like to thank Jerry for his response.

This is good news. And I posted your sincere thanks in your locked thread in my final post.

Respectfully,

Mike.

tmac1337
01-02-2007, 03:55 AM
How come a certain vendor is allowed to trash talk as much as he wants, smear people without repurcussions, then edits his comments and apologizes (yeah right), then when he is challenged those who respond are given vacations?

Such trash talk has nothing to do with being a vendor yet is tolerated!

A few people are working very hard to see that the demise of this site is not that too far off..........

Why is this allowed?

magindat
01-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Greg,
I'd be interested. I like the notion of many stock part #'s and a lower boost level. I like the middle ground. I don't need 9 or more PSI. A smooth 6 would make me quite happy.
Thanks for taking an interest in a project to benefit our low production number group.
Rich
BTW, as we spoke about the non-intercooled kit in the past, I'm willing to help out if needed.

tmac1337
01-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Our price will reflect the discount for not including the boost gauge.

Come on.......give em da booooooooost gaaaauge!

RoyLPita
01-03-2007, 06:21 AM
A smoking deal.

I believe I know of one that could be worthwhile. PM me for more info, please.

MarauderMark
01-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I believe I know of one that could be worthwhile. PM me for more info, please.

Yeah Brian go for it :burn::up:

czbill
01-05-2007, 07:58 PM
What is the time line to have the kit ready for market?

tmac1337
01-05-2007, 08:07 PM

With 2 posts.......who are you?

BigMerc
01-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Hiya Tmac, long time no see, where ya been?

tmac1337
01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Hiya Tmac, long time no see, where ya been?

I've been around. I missed you too! I like sparring with you....makes me smile. Good to see ur alive and kicking.

BigMerc
01-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Aww shucks, I might be headed down your way, just passing through, If you see a Wedgewood Blue 2006 PI 25 over, don't stop it, it's me.

tmac1337
01-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Hopefully your going straight down to the keys and relaxing. I don't pull people over anymore........just have to keep track of the young guys and girls doing all the work.

RCSignals
01-05-2007, 08:49 PM

With 2 posts.......who are you?

Two posts or not, it's not an unreasonable question.

BigMerc
01-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Going to keys, but to do a file pull on a applicant. ref: no more traffic, It's good to be the king huh?

tmac1337
01-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Two posts or not, it's not an unreasonable question.

No, I'm wondering the same thing. I guess I'm just a little intrigued when a person with 1 post makes another about a touchy subject around here. Usually people build up to asking questions in these areas. Combine it with all the palace manuevers around here.....I'm still intrigued. If its genuine...so be it.

tmac1337
01-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Going to keys, but to do a file pull on a applicant. ref: no more traffic, It's good to be the king huh?

I like The Reach Resort or Casa Marina when I go down, the Reach is currently being redone.///Naaah, just more responsibility to see everyone is accounted for at nights end. These are tough times in this day n age.

sfsv
01-06-2007, 05:16 AM
I wouldn't recommend venturing with the M112 Eaton project. Trilogy is an excellent vendor that builds a well engineered kit and provides exceptional customer service. In business you have to charge enough to recover engineering and production cost, warranty costs, lease, and salaries. Fifthteen years ago, I stop serving the Mustang market, because the customers were only driven by low price, rather than a quality product and customer service. It is like eating a burger from a fast food joint vs. a burger you made a home with ground steak.
You have done great with the ProCharger superchargers and I recommend your kit as the finest cent. supercharger.

Tom Doan
01-06-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm thinking about this, I have lots of parts and Mustangs, another Marauder is not that hard to find.

tmac1337
01-06-2007, 11:52 AM
I spoke with Greg today. Although I already have a blower, and am not interested in what he does in the future......this project of his is a "go" from what he is up to.

As he is in the parts business, he is actively assembling a list of all the part numbers required to put a kit together, and where to get them for the best price, and is making very good progress. There is a couple things that are not off the shelf and he will personalize them to F.I.T.. Diablosport already has tuning available, so this thing should happen fairly quickly. Dave at Injected racing is top notch speed freak also.

Greg puts out his Procharger kit and other parts for a great price already. I have not experienced any problems with his customer service and him making good on anything.

Greg's going to post up when he gets the chance, I don't want to steal his thunder.

maraudernkc
01-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Just to give anyone that cares a quick update on the Roots Blower project. It looks like we have obtained a car to do the testing on. The one problem with the car is that it does have headers but we will dyno before and after the install. We are still researching part numbers. I will update you with more information as we get it.

Thanks, Greg

RoyLPita
01-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanx for the info, Greg. Keep those who care posted, please.

KillJoy
01-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanx for the info, Greg. Keep those who care posted, please.

:up:

KillJoy

Dragcity
01-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Mine Doesn't have headers. Use me, Use me.....

I'll bring some of my beer...........

Raudermaster
01-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I care! This is great! You have me hooked.

maraudernkc
01-09-2007, 08:59 AM
We will be using Magnuson Products to modify our Eaton M112 Roots Blower for the Marauder. Magnuson has engineers in house that will take our design or redesign of the Eaton M112 and make it come to life for a Marauder. I am glad they have engineers. My chineese Engineers are getting expesive at $10.00 per week. Magnuson is the leader when it comes to modifiying Eaton Blowers to fit specific applications. They do this for almost erveryone using an Eaton Blower. Price for this is $1400.00 modified to our specs. Buy 1-10 and you get a $150.00 discount and over 20 you get a $200.00 discount. I will post a complete list of parts and pricing when I am done. You the members will know how much money I am making per kit. I will offer value, great products and customer service second to none.
More updates to follow.

Magnuson Link
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/aboutus.htm

Zack
01-09-2007, 09:03 AM
We will be using Magnuson Products to modify our Eaton M112 Roots Blower for the Marauder. Magnuson has engineers in house that will take our design or redesign of the Eaton M112 and make it come to life for a Marauder. I am glad they have engineers. My chineese Enginners are getting expesive at $10.00 per week. Magnuson is the leader when it come to modifiying Eaton Blowers to fit specific applications. Price for this is $1400.00 modified to our specs. Buy 1-10 and you get a $150.00 discount and over 20 you get a $200.00 discount. I will post a complete list of parts and pricing when I am done. You the members will know how much money I am making per kit. I will offer value, great products and customer service second to none.
More updates to follow.

Magnuson Link

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/aboutus.htm

Now that ^^^^^is funny, but true! :lol:

Too bad 150+ people including myself might feel gypped.
If there is any way I can contribute to this project, let me know.

2007 is the year of realizations and truths, what a good start Greg. Bravo

RoyLPita
01-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Will it look like the Magnuson GTO setup where there is a belt near the back by the firewall?

Zack
01-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Hell if I was Greg, id duplicate the T-Kit and change everything by 1/16" and patent it.
Its legal!

tmac1337
01-09-2007, 10:01 AM
The Magnuson lead is a good one!

Does the $1400.00 include the entire upper blower, or is it just for the modification of it?

maraudernkc
01-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Tim, that price does include the blower. It does not include the lower intake which is a Ford part number.

Does the $1400.00 include the entire upper blower, or is it just for the modification of it?

maraudernkc
01-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Tim, the price does include the complete Blower but does niot include the lower intake which is a Ford part number.

tmac1337
01-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Tim, that price does include the blower. It does not include the lower intake which is a Ford part number.

Well, in that case, the sum total of all the parts for the kit, including a couple of brackets and the custom aluminum intake piece your having made up is going to come in MUCH LOWER than previously speculated on such a kit!

You do a great job of supplying quality products for a lessor.....honest price and pass the saving along to your customers!

Too bad I already have a kick ass car (still favor the Procharger)........

Zack
01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Too bad I already have a kick ass car (still favor the Procharger)........

Thats because hair dryers pull harder.

Bradley G
01-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Copy cat , is the highest form of compliment.
I do wish you guys do well with this!

pull this! :bs:Zack

O's Fan Rich
01-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Now that ^^^^^is funny, but true! :lol:

Too bad 150+ people including myself are gonna feel jipped.
If there is any way I can contribute to this project, let me know.

2007 is the year of realizations and truths, what a good start Greg. Bravo

Screw YOU ZACK!!!

I won't feel that way at all.

BTW that term "Jipped" is a racist slanderous remark against those of Romanian descent who emmigrated to our country!!

KillJoy
01-09-2007, 11:28 AM
BTW that term "Jipped" is a racist slanderous remark against those of Romanian descent who emmigrated to our country!!

So Zack can't spell. He meant "gypped (http://www.allwords.com/word-gypped.html)"

GOSH!

KillJoy

Zack
01-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Screw YOU ZACK!!!

Rich, I edited my post for you :cheer: :grouphug: :hug: :pill: :marauder:

Haggis
01-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Screw YOU ZACK!!!

So Zack can't spell. He meant "gypped"

GOSH!
That in itself is a racist remark.
Not all of Romanian descent are Gypsies and not all Gypsies are Romanian.

Dragcity
01-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Wouldn't the term "Screw You" be considered some sort of a slanderous remark in some parts of this wonderful world we all live in?

Why do we always get off topic these days.????

KillJoy
01-09-2007, 12:15 PM

True. (http://www.allwords.com/query.php?SearchType=3&Keyword=gypsy&Language=ENG)

KillJoy

Zack
01-09-2007, 12:29 PM
I wonder if gypsies ate :popcorn:

MarauderTJA
01-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Incredible information Greg:up: Maybe you should look into a twin screw design for the Marauder:2thumbs:?

tmac1337
01-09-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't get it?

Some people may have the opportunity to purchase a product of greater or comparable value....for a lessor price! So what?

There are several roots and centrifugal manufactures that sell kits.

When I go shopping for a toaster or a washing machine.....I expect and like the competitive fact that I will see several from different manufactures! Competition equals better prices for consumers.

I hope some people are not upset it appears that Magnuson does modifications to the Eaton M112 blower............for a very small price as we have learned.

Who cares as long as the customer benefits with a reasonable price!

Customers have been getting a reasonable price have'nt they? I did on my Procharger kit!

O's Fan Rich
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Rich, I edited my post for you :cheer: :grouphug: :hug: :pill: :marauder:

Thanks, Zack... I hate bad spelling.

tmac... you missed the point of my retort!

O's Fan Rich
01-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Hey you old Haggis smelling dude you... I was close...:neener: :neener: :neener:

sailsmen
01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't understand racism.

Just trace your history back to the different geographic areas. Then look at the different people who resided in that area.

If you go back far enough we all came from the same race, the Human Race.

Whenever I am asked my race my reply is the only race the Human Race.

Zack
01-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Some people bring the topic of racism into a discussion when they know they cant win that discussion. .02

tmac1337
01-09-2007, 03:08 PM
yeah...you guys are getting off topic!

But on topic, is the fact that Greg has always been up front and honest about the prices of his products, and has told us...his customers....numerous times where he gets things done.

Remember Weldcraft? When members were only getting their wheels widened at only one place? Then Greg told everyone where to get it done on thier own, and for how much $$, and who else was really getting it done there too!

Lower prices on TQ converters, 31 spline axles and an assortment of posi-units, Granatelli coils and connectors, injectors.....ect. Greg has always given us deep discounts. You want it, he can get it.

Now he offers up that Magnuson (spelling?) is the manufacturer that that will customize the M112 Blower to sit on a Ford part number lower Mustang housing for the Marauder application, blower and modification costs $1400.00. I don't know anyone else who is so honest around here. Greg will total up all the parts needed and cost, put it together yourselves or pay Greg a fee to gather it up with supplied tuning from Diablosport. Doesn't get better than that around here! And guess what...no witchcraft.....no various Chineese engineers laboring away tons of hours in development costs.........

I hope he does't come out with this kit. The Procharger kit is a great kit for the money ($3,999.00 specials), easy to install ($500.00 or do it yourself), makes a ton of HP and TQ, can easily be removed and sold on ebay, or upgraded to a D1SC if you want, non intrusive to the engine....ect..

Greg, do what you have to do, I hope you stick only with Procharger:banana2:

94_302
01-09-2007, 03:14 PM
This kit sounds promising I look forward to hearing more about it.

tmac1337
01-09-2007, 03:19 PM
This kit sounds promising I look forward to hearing more about it.

I look forward to hearing about where the price is after all the Ford parts are added up........

MarauderTJA
01-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Please correct yourself Zack:nono: . Hairdryers push harder:D

maraudernkc
01-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Tom, that is also in the works. Don't tell anybody.

Incredible information Greg:up: Maybe you should look into a twin screw design for the Marauder:2thumbs:?

Zack
01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Truths and realizations, from you? I don't think so!

FA-Q Zack!(smile)
Jerry, expect a phone call from me tomorrow.

merc
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
:type: :hide:

Cobra25
01-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Truths and realizations, from you? I don't think so!

FA-Q Zack!(smile) I didn't read anything personal that Zack said about you in this thread Jerry so why are you saying personal things about him?

RCSignals
01-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm still happy I've bought a Trilogy. It's a real, proven product, with proven support and service.

We all have choices to make, and those choices should be respected.

Seneca
01-10-2007, 07:07 AM
We all have choices to make, and those choices should be respected.[/quote]
]

I agree.. Good luck greg

tmac1337
01-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Recent activity in this thread reminds me of.......

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7940/cindylauper0jhok7.jpg

But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
When you post on your own
So dont be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are plain to see,
Like a wallet that should have more money

O's Fan Rich
01-10-2007, 04:10 PM

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7940/cindylauper0jhok7.jpg

Shining through
I see your true colors
Your true colors

I have a Kodak Camera too!

RCSignals
01-10-2007, 05:42 PM

Shining through
I see your true colors
Your true colors

Bah. Humbug

MarauderTJA
01-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm still happy I've bought a Trilogy. It's a real, proven product, with proven support and service.

All that counts is that you are happy with what you have.:beer:

KillJoy
01-10-2007, 06:35 PM

:up:

KillJoy

Cobra25
01-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Spoken Like A True Leader! :2thumbs:

Jerry Barnes
01-10-2007, 08:19 PM

Thanks RC. I am proud to have you as a customer. Don't forget it Buddy!

Jerry Barnes
01-10-2007, 08:22 PM

Agree completely! I hope this doesn't get deleted.

RCSignals
01-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Agree completely! I hope this doesn't get deleted.

Agreed. There's been enough 'deleting' in here!

AzMarauder
01-10-2007, 11:31 PM

I guess it might be a matter of perspective. Trilogy sells a kit that includes certain items engineered to provide a certain level of performance. If you want a higher level of performance, apparently the parts are available, you just purchase and put them on. When I ordered my Trilogy kit I didn't want the chip that came with the kit as I already had an XCal for my car. Trilogy cut the price of the kit to reflect the fact I didn't buy the chip. So, based on my experience I would suggest, had you negotiated in the beginning for the smaller pulley and a different tune, the price would have been adjusted accordingly. But I do understand your frustration. When I had my 03 Mustang Cobra, I couldn't understand why Ford didn't put the 2.93 pulley on the car from the factory. I sure was pissed when I went into the dealer and asked them to take care of that for me and they not only said no, they threatened to void my warranty! :rolleyes:

94_302
01-11-2007, 03:46 AM
So sorry to go off topic with this but......

But I do understand your frustration. When I had my 03 Mustang Cobra, I couldn't understand why Ford didn't put the 2.93 pulley on the car from the factory. I sure was pissed when I went into the dealer and asked them to take care of that for me and they not only said no, they threatened to void my warranty! :rolleyes:

What do you expect? When you brought it in the car was no longer the way it left Ford (I'm not saying an 03 cobra can't handle a 2.93) however it is unreasonable to expect Ford to fix a problem that is related to a modification made by the owner. You pay to play.

The reason I assumed the warranty issue was related to the pulley swap is that if you took it in for something completely unrelated and they refused to do work that is illegal. Magnusson Moss Act, they can't void your warranty because of a mod, they have to prove the mod caused the failure.

Cobra25
01-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Unfortunately that's very far from the truth. In the beginning we all thought tuning was a God sent gift. Some of us have 3 different types of tuning devices in 4 years of service. The next big modification was headers and exhaust. As a community we loved the new grunt. Kenny Brown offered the only Supercharged Marauder but other was not far behind. Today we still seek higher levels of performance at a good value. What I am describing is evolution. Although there is a splinter in the vine a new leaf will grow in it’s place. Maybe you could explain why my comment " Spoken Like A True Leader " is far from the truth? He is the Co-Leader of the SSM and he was in charge of setting up and getting Mmarauderville IV up & running it for all of us. If you dont agree with what he said thats one thing ,but , Highlighting my statement and insulting him is another that is out of line.

Zack
01-11-2007, 06:23 AM
I have a taste for some :popcorn:

AzMarauder
01-11-2007, 06:37 AM
So sorry to go off topic with this but......

What do you expect? When you brought it in the car was no longer the way it left Ford

I was being sarcastic ! :P

At least about the 03 Cobra !

But I can give another example that sort of relates to the S/C discussion and the "why make something that produces less HP than your competitors".

Some years back... I was part of a group of folks that were conducting a "campaign" of sorts to get Ford to put a little more muscle in their Mustang. The Mustang GT/Cobras were always lower HP than the GM Camaro / Firebirds. Long story short, after a long exchange of letters, emails, etc. by a group of us... Ford finally retorted with ....

"We don't NEED to produce more HP from the factory, we out sell both the Camaro and Firebird combined!"

So I would suggest that the same might exist here?

Cobra25
01-11-2007, 08:16 AM
If you have a problem with what I am talking about sent me a E-mail at mwhite@ndf.org. You might want to reread your post #95 ,what you highlighted and the first sentence of what you wrote. Thats what I have a problem with. I'm not sending you a e-mail. If you like you can send me a pm if it please's you.

magindat
01-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Good gravy!

I subscribed this thread to get news on the developement of Greg's roots kit. Instead my mailbox is blowing up with unrelated arguement! Give it a rest, will ya? There are some of us who are genuinely intersted and don't wanna hear (read) it!

As a consumer and having corresponded/dealt with every S/C provider on this site, I am impartial and wish to evaluate the VALUE of my CHOICES as a consumer. I can afford to do this since I am in NO HURRY to SC, but will do so eventually. I am however, excited about witnessing this developement.

Unlike most, I am not looking for most HP per dollar. I'm looking for reliability, servicability and parts availability as well as low installation intrusion factor. Personally, I don't want over 450 RWHP. I'm NOT forging my motor. I don't need 100 lbs of boost. I just want a fun car to spank a$$ on the street EVERY TIME I TURN THE KEY!!!!!!

As for my first line, yes, "GOOD GRAVY". I already have a fun car that spanks a$$ on the street and highway (around here, at least). The SC is just that, GRAVY. Of course, GRAVY makes EVERYTHING TASTE BETTER!

So, there ya go, Greg. Good luck on your 'Kool-Aid' competitor, now pet-named 'GRAVY'.

tmac1337
01-11-2007, 11:21 AM
The best, or most revealing, part of this thread is the word "MAGNUSON".

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/mp112.htm

Gee, it looks like Magnuson does the engineering........

Wow, what is Eaton M112 doing there? And now we find out MAGNUSON will re-engineer it to fit the Marauder for $1400.00, including the cost of the blower!

Must be some beliefs, or claims, being dispelled about some engineering stuff.

tmac1337
01-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow!

Over 3000 views already to this thread and counting......seems like people are interested for sure and what, or who, is doing, or who, or what is really been doing it, or claiming to have been doing it, or having someone else have the what, or with who...done....

Or something like that.

STLR FN
01-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow!

Over 3000 views already to this thread and counting......seems like people are interested for sure and what, or who, is doing, or who, or what is really been doing it, or claiming to have been doing it, or having someone else have the what, or with who...done....

Or something like that.I just like to read the stupid BS bickering.

O's Fan Rich
01-11-2007, 11:55 AM

Wow, what is Eaton M112 doing there? And now we find out MAGNUSON will re-engineer it to fit the Marauder for $1400.00, including the cost of the blower!

Yeah, it's so easy to do, it makes you wonder why there aren't hundreds or even thousands of Marauder Eaton based kits out on the market right now!!!

Man, oh man, all you have to do is call MAGNUSON and they will do all the work for you. All you need to do is sit at home and wait for the money to pour into your bank account!!

Hurry and order right now and receive a free, YES a FREE, IPod with your order of 5 or more!!!
Don't wait, operators are standing by! You too can offer a MAGNUSON Supercharger Kit for the car you choose by simply calling them now!

And that's not all... call within the first 15 minutes and you'll get a twin screw upgrade at NO ADDITIONAL COST!!
Yes, not only will you get the free engineering and all that goes with it, order 5 units within the next 15 minutes and you'll get a free twin screw upgrade!!

O's Fan Rich
01-11-2007, 11:56 AM
This thread is getting funny now!!!:baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

maraudernkc
01-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Rich, that is funny!

Since I am not going to offer a boost gauge with the kit, I had thought about offering a set of steak knives. They are chineese engineered steak knives.

Yeah, it's so easy to do, it makes you wonder why there aren't hundreds or even thousands of Marauder Eaton based kits out on the market right now!!!

Man, oh man, all you have to do is call MAGNUSON and they will do all the work for you. All you need to do is sit at home and wait for the money to pour into your bank account!!

Hurry and order right now and receive a free, YES a FREE, IPod with your order of 5 or more!!!
Don't wait, operators are standing by! You too can offer a MAGNUSON Supercharger Kit for the car you choose by simply calling them now!

And that's not all... call within the first 15 minutes and you'll get a twin screw upgrade at NO ADDITIONAL COST!!
Yes, not only will you get the free engineering and all that goes with it, order 5 units within the next 15 minutes and you'll get a free twin screw upgrade!!

Haggis
01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
...:popcorn:...

O's Fan Rich
01-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Rich, that is funny!

Since I am not going to offer a boost gauge with the kit, I had thought about offering a set of steak knives. They are chineese engineered steak knives.

Just so you know Greg, I like what you are doing here. I mean no harm!!

magindat
01-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Rich, that is funny!

Ahhhh, much better. At least now my mailbox is filling up with something entertaining!!!!! Thanx!!!!

RCSignals
01-11-2007, 03:15 PM

I always thought Magnuson outsourced their engineering, as in overseas. But I guess it really doesn't matter.

RCSignals
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM

Hmm, but I don't want an iPod, or even steak knives.
(The steak knives should be free just for reading this thread, anyway :cool: )

I want a tuner with a tune, a boost guage, and unquestioned customer service. Will that increase the initial cost?

Zack
01-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Hmm, but I don't want an iPod, or even steak knives.
(The steak knives should be free just for reading this thread, anyway :cool: )

I want a tuner with a tune, a boost guage, and unquestioned customer service. Will that increase the initial cost?

Remember, good customer service come from poor customers.

Anyone got a S/C pulley thats rusting that they feel should be replaced for free? :lol: :cry:

RCSignals
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM
will this kit have C.A.R.B. certification?
I've looked at the C.A.R.B. site, some Magnuson products do have certification.

RCSignals
01-11-2007, 03:47 PM

So the customer is always wrong?

merc
01-11-2007, 05:16 PM

Anyone got a S/C pulley thats rusting that they feel should be replaced for free? :lol: :cry:

Zack, are you going to piss off Jerry again so that he offers free upgrades and replacement parts at a discount? Somehow I knew you would step up to the plate once again. While you are on the subject of irritating people please sent a E-Mail to Dieter Zetsche of the Chrysler Corporation. I need a discount on the new Challenger R/T.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. :burnout:

MarauderTJA
01-11-2007, 07:31 PM
This thread is getting funny now!!!:baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

Hey Rich, when you are first, you are first. No dis-respect there. Take it easy buddy.

MarauderTJA
01-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Zack, are you going to piss off Jerry again so that he offers free upgrades and replacement parts at a discount? Somehow I knew you would step up to the plate once again. While you are on the subject of irritating people please sent a E-Mail to Dieter Zetsche of the Chrysler Corporation. I need a discount on the new Challenger R/T.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. :burnout:

Hey Merc, ultimately Zack helped out a lot of members with their purchase of a Trilogy at a discount. Jerry should put him on the payroll. I would if he helped make me around $70K in sales in two weeks. Do the math. Outstanding marketing! I heard a rumor that possibly Zack is already on the commission payroll for Jerry:lol: . :jk:

KillJoy
01-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Hey Merc, ultimately Zack helped out a lot of members with their purchase of a Trilogy at a discount. Jerry should put him on the payroll. I would if he helped make me around $70K in sales in two weeks. Do the math. Outstanding marketing! I heard a rumor that possibly Zack is already on the commission payroll for Jerry:lol: . :jk:

I heard Zack was making a commission on all S/C sales.

;)

KillJoy

MarauderTJA
01-11-2007, 07:49 PM
I heard Zack was making a commission on all S/C sales.

;)

KillJoy

Naw, Jerry is going to send him a new Twin Screw Trilogy for free:eek:

Jerry Barnes
01-11-2007, 08:05 PM
No more Discounts. They end on January 31st, never to be seen again. Ford Racing just call and said intake manifolds are going up $269/each starting February 1st.

Zack, does not get a sales commission. But, I will send an IAT2 Sensor and the installation instructions on "placement".

I really enjoy these threads. I know we get worked up and I do battle with the same people/person, but in the end these threads get the most visability and I say things I would not normally say.

I REALLY DON'T CARE what brand of supercharger people purchase. I really don't!!! I don't care if people supercharge their cars or not. I really don't!!!

I feel like many others, I get tired of fighting. But, don't think I will take any BS anymore.

Until the next fight, have a good one!

Jerry

maraudernkc
01-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Jerry, does that mean you are going to have a price increase? The 39lb Injectors have gone way up over the last two years.

No more Discounts. They end on January 31st, never to be seen again.
Ford Racing just call and said intake manifolds are going up $269/each starting February 1st.

Zack, does not get a sales commission. But, I will send an IAT2 Sensor and the installation instructions on "placement".

I really enjoy these threads. I know we get worked up and I do battle with the same people/person, but in the end these threads get the most visability and I say things I would not normally say.

I REALLY DON'T CARE what brand of supercharger people purchase. I really don't!!! I don't care if people supercharge their cars or not. I really don't!!!

I feel like many others, I get tired of fighting. But, don't think I will take any BS anymore.

Until the next fight, have a good one!

Jerry

Jerry Barnes
01-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Jerry, does that mean you are going to have a price increase? The 39lb Injectors have gone way up over the last two years.

We don't want to increase the price of the kit. It's expensive as it is. But, we are looking at what our options are as we go forward. Yes, several things have gone up :

1. Handheld Calibration devices
2. Intake Manifolds
3. Injectors
4. EGR Tubes
5. Etc.

Jerry

O's Fan Rich
01-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey Rich, when you are first, you are first. No dis-respect there. Take it easy buddy.

I'm looking forward to finally meeting up with you one day Tom. Perhaps in April.

MarauderTJA
01-11-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm looking forward to finally meeting up with you one day Tom. Perhaps in April.

The same here Rich:up:

RCSignals
01-11-2007, 08:45 PM

Who's on first?

STLR FN
01-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Who's on first?
What's on second....

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 05:54 AM
I don't know......

STLR FN
01-12-2007, 06:11 AM
I don't know......
Third base woooooo......

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 06:13 AM
You got an outfield?

STLR FN
01-12-2007, 08:49 AM
You got an outfield?....Sure....

teamrope
01-12-2007, 10:26 AM
You got an outfield?
Yes Rich, we have THE Outfield. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUtvoODPMU) :)

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes Rich, we have THE Outfield. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUtvoODPMU) :)

Look like a bunch of pitchers and catchers to me....:P :P :P

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml

Good link to the most well know comedy skit ever!

BTW Greg at FIT is putting together a Roots/Eaton based blower package to be offered at $4995.00... did you know that?

merc
01-12-2007, 11:00 AM
BTW Greg at FIT is putting together a Roots/Eaton based blower package to be offered at $$995.00... did you know that?

Good golly, Miss Molly, now everyone wil be S/C by 2008

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Good golly, Miss Molly, now everyone wil be S/C by 2008

oopppssss!!!-----$4995.00

Zack
01-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Greg, if you pick up any Chicago Customers, Ill install it for $400.

magindat
01-12-2007, 11:32 AM

We'll do it for FREE in South/Central FL.

Well, the owner will have to:
1) Help
2) Buy beer
3) Feed us.

Guess it'd be $400 either way!!!!

tmac1337
01-12-2007, 11:36 AM

Zack, stop being a "hater!" Or a firestarter, Kool aid stirrer, discount getter, kit improver........whatever...... just stop it!

Please, for the love of god........just stop! (BTW, Geico can save you a buck or 2 on your car insurance).

tmac1337
01-12-2007, 11:37 AM
We'll do it for FREE in South/Central FL.

Well, the owner will have to:
1) Help
2) Buy beer
3) Feed us.

Guess it'd be $400 either way!!!!

Do you include a cake?

RCSignals
01-12-2007, 01:28 PM

BTW Greg at FIT is putting together a Roots/Eaton based blower package to be offered at $4995.00... did you know that?

No, why didn't he just start a thread about it :lol:

RCSignals
01-12-2007, 01:29 PM

How much to install a Boost gauge with it?

Zack
01-12-2007, 01:50 PM
How much to install a Boost gauge with it?

Free of course, I took lessons from the Stooges :lol:

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Gotta learn somewhere, might as well be from experienced people, right Zack?

Jerry Barnes
01-12-2007, 02:13 PM

I know where the Stoog is and it ain't in Florida. Please refer to them as The Technically Proficient Floridians.

Zack
01-12-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/0/4/JBPost.jpg

Zack
01-12-2007, 02:36 PM
FYI, I have permission to post the above picture here.

sailsmen
01-12-2007, 02:44 PM
"libel
1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact and is not clearly identified as an opinion. While it is sometimes said that the person making the libelous statement must have been intentional and malicious, actually it need only be obvious that the statement would do harm and is untrue. Proof of malice, however, does allow a party defamed to sue for general damages for damage to reputation, while an inadvertent libel limits the damages to actual harm (such as loss of business) called special damages. Libel per se involves statements so vicious that malice is assumed and does not require a proof of intent to get an award of general damages. Libel against the reputation of a person who has died will allow surviving members of the family to bring an action for damages. Most states provide for a party defamed by a periodical to demand a published retraction. If the correction is made, then there is no right to file a lawsuit. Governmental bodies are supposedly immune to actions for libel on the basis that there could be no intent by a non-personal entity, and further, public records are exempt from claims of libel. However, there is at least one known case in which there was a financial settlement as well as a published correction when a state government newsletter incorrectly stated that a dentist had been disciplined for illegal conduct. The rules covering libel against a "public figure" (particularly a political or governmental person) are special, based on U.S. Supreme Court decisions. The key is that to uphold the right to express opinions or fair comment on public figures, the libel must be malicious to constitute grounds for a lawsuit for damages. Minor errors in reporting are not libel, such as saying Mrs. Jones was 55 when she was only 48, or getting an address or title incorrect. 2) v. to broadcast or publish a written defamatory statement."

Zack
01-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Are you telling me I can take Barnes to court?

KillJoy
01-12-2007, 02:50 PM
"libel
1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact and is not clearly identified as an opinion. While it is sometimes said that the person making the libelous statement must have been intentional and malicious, actually it need only be obvious that the statement would do harm and is untrue. Proof of malice, however, does allow a party defamed to sue for general damages for damage to reputation, while an inadvertent libel limits the damages to actual harm (such as loss of business) called special damages. Libel per se involves statements so vicious that malice is assumed and does not require a proof of intent to get an award of general damages. Libel against the reputation of a person who has died will allow surviving members of the family to bring an action for damages. Most states provide for a party defamed by a periodical to demand a published retraction. If the correction is made, then there is no right to file a lawsuit. Governmental bodies are supposedly immune to actions for libel on the basis that there could be no intent by a non-personal entity, and further, public records are exempt from claims of libel. However, there is at least one known case in which there was a financial settlement as well as a published correction when a state government newsletter incorrectly stated that a dentist had been disciplined for illegal conduct. The rules covering libel against a "public figure" (particularly a political or governmental person) are special, based on U.S. Supreme Court decisions. The key is that to uphold the right to express opinions or fair comment on public figures, the libel must be malicious to constitute grounds for a lawsuit for damages. Minor errors in reporting are not libel, such as saying Mrs. Jones was 55 when she was only 48, or getting an address or title incorrect. 2) v. to broadcast or publish a written defamatory statement."

Hit the nail on the head :up:

Not sure though....I'm not a lawyer. I wonder if there are any here???

KillJoy

sailsmen
01-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Anybody can take anybody to court for anything.

Some think the internet is a fantasy place where the rule of law does not apply.

They are mistaken.

maraudernkc
01-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Guys, please try to keep this thread on track. This thread is about trying to make another roots blower for our Marauder and to try and lower the cost to you the members.

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Are you telling me I can take Barnes to court?

If you do, you'd need to protect yourself, too.
There would no doubt be a counter suit that could spell big bucks for the attorneys involved!
If you think you have a case, and are feeling froggy.... JUMP! Just prepare yourself for the backlash.
Last one we were involved in, attorney fees alone amounted to 60k.
I think there use to be an attorney that frequented this board. But, I do believe he may have moved on.

FIT is going to be offering a roots supercharger for the Marauder for $4995.00!!!! See the #1 post on this thread for more details!!

tmac1337
01-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Guys, please try to keep this thread on track. This thread is about trying to make another roots blower for our Marauder and to try and lower the cost to you the members.

Burp......

tmac1337
01-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Anybody can take anybody to court for anything.

Some think the internet is a fantasy place where the rule of law does not apply.

They are mistaken.

Can you claim to engineer or fabricate something when in reality another company did it?

Jerry Barnes
01-12-2007, 04:41 PM
United States Patent 6,923,166 B2 Issued : August 2, 2005

SUPERCHARGER ASSEMBLY FOR AN INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE OF A MOTOR VEHICLE

A suggestion, make sure you do your homework before you get too excited.

And yes, I have attorneys looking into the very points raised by Sailsmen.

Do Your Homework!

tmac1337
01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Note to Greg:

Be off a little on your measurments so no patents are violated.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum. htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,923,166.PN.&OS=PN/6,923,166&RS=PN/6,923,166

Jerry Barnes
01-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Note to Greg:

Be off a little on your measurments so no patents are violated.

Magnuson engineering measurements that is.

Once again, do your homework. I don't think it is as easy as you say, but you can always take your chances. The Roots style blower is patented by EATON, I can give you that patent number if you like, but the Supercharger System design using the EATON and Lysholm is patented by Trilogy International/Motorsports.

Be very cautious folks, I am not a bad fellow, but I do know the auto business.

Tread lightly!

Your Old Buddy,

Jerry

KillJoy
01-12-2007, 05:03 PM
but the Supercharger System design using the EATON and Lysholm is patented by Trilogy International/Motorsports.

What / Who is Lysholm?????

KillJoy

tmac1337
01-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Once again, do your homework. I don't think it is as easy as you say, but you can always take your chances. The Roots style blower is patented by EATON, I can give you that patent number if you like, but the Supercharger System design using the EATON and Lysholm is patented by Trilogy International/Motorsports.

Be very cautious folks, I am not a bad fellow, but I do know the auto business.

Tread lightly!

Your Old Buddy,

Jerry

Hey, you've got me plenty scared......but Greg has hired the best attorneys to look into this matter.....

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9889/patentme2.jpg

And besides, He is not going to copy anything anyway. The Eaton M112 blower is Eaton's blower, and for sale for people to buy, like you and Greg, from sellers like Manguson who hold the patent with Eaton and will modify it to Gregs new specifications, which he can patent.

Thanks.

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 05:15 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Joe Walsh
01-12-2007, 05:18 PM
JEEEEZ!!!!!..........:mad2:

Is everybody required to drink 64 oz. Big Gulps before posting on this site!!

Enough with the **** supercharger PISSING CONTESTS!

It is getting REALLY, REALLY OLD folks!

KillJoy
01-12-2007, 05:24 PM
What / Who is Lysholm?????

KillJoy

Imagine that...Google (http://www.opcon.se/index.asp?sPage=1&langID=1&cID=14) strikes again!!!

:rolleyes:

maraudernkc
01-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Jerry, I have done my homework and would not be going forwad with this project unless everything is ok. I know you have a utiltiy patent but you don't have a design patent. Now if you had both you would really have something.

Don't worry my kit comes with a new hood for the blower clearence at the 4995.00 price plus the steak knives.

mpearce
01-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Enough with the **** supercharger PISSING CONTESTS!

It is getting REALLY, REALLY OLD folks!

Yeah. I agree completely.

There are only a few inflammatory posters.

They know who they are. The Usual Suspects.

Nothing new here.

:sleepy:

KillJoy
01-12-2007, 05:35 PM
BOOST! BOOST! BOOST!

:beer:

KillJoy

maraudernkc
01-12-2007, 05:37 PM
We have a car commimg from Chicago that will be in Springfield, MO on Sunday, weather permiting. We have ice here right now. I will be laying each part out and taking photos of all Ford part numbers for you guys to see. We will be getting a Blower from Magnuson that we will use for our mach up. Will post more updates as they come down the pipe. We have the car for six Weeks.

MarauderTJA
01-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Damm guys.......:popcorn: This sure is an intersting thread..:seesaw:. Are we going to break a page record here?

Jerry Barnes
01-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Jerry, I have done my homework and would not be going forwad with this project unless everything is ok. I know you have a utiltiy patent but you don't have a design patent. Now if you had both you would really have something.

Don't worry my kit comes with a new hood for the blower clearence at the 4995.00 price plus the steak knives.

I think you need to do your homework, better!

tmac1337
01-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Burpy bumpy

maraudernkc
01-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Do you mean like your buddy Zack and the homework he did.

I think you need to do your homework, better!

maraudernkc
01-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Below is a link to some of the Procharger Patents.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=48&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=supercharger.TI.&OS=TTL/supercharger&RS=TTL/supercharger

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=49&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=supercharger.TI.&OS=TTL/supercharger&RS=TTL/supercharger

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=53&f=G&l=50&d=PTXT&s1=supercharger.TI.&p=2&OS=TTL/supercharger&RS=TTL/supercharger

HwyCruiser
01-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Our price will reflect the discount for not including the boost gauge.

Come on.......give em da booooooooost gaaaauge!

Let me help em out.

You can order the Auto Meter Ultra-Lite mechanical boost gauge (pn ATM-4301) for $45 on www.egauges.com.

I wonder if Auto Meter has a patent on it?

Jerry Barnes
01-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Below is a link to some of the Procharger Patents.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=48&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=supercharger.TI.&OS=TTL/supercharger&RS=TTL/supercharger

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=49&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=supercharger.TI.&OS=TTL/supercharger&RS=TTL/supercharger

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=53&f=G&l=50&d=PTXT&s1=supercharger.TI.&p=2&OS=TTL/supercharger&RS=TTL/supercharger

Don't you love these threads. They are exciting, controversial, thought provoking and they really pull in the people. Just like a soap opera.

No, you won't find Trilogy making a centrifical supercharger kit. So you guys are safe producing that product. And a blower is not a supercharger system.

And, my attorney is much better looking then yours(ha ha ha ha).

I have got to get back to drinking my Big Gulp and my Joltz.

Jerry

KillJoy
01-12-2007, 06:49 PM
and my Joltz.

Check this out:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=461148#post46 1148

KillJoy

Jerry Barnes
01-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Check this out:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=461148#post46 1148

KillJoy

That is a great website! I was shaking so bad I could not get my order in. HA!

Jerry

tmac1337
01-12-2007, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't touch the stuff if I were you...

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6948/jeklb8.jpg

Jerry Barnes
01-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't touch the stuff if I were you...

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6948/jeklb8.jpg

Hey, isn't that Zack? I didn't know he wore a hat. Ya, that's right the weather is bad in Chicago.

tmac1337
01-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey, isn't that Zack? I didn't know he wore a hat. Ya, that's right the weather is bad in Chicago.

Your too much.....

nite nite

maraudernkc
01-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Well our test car arrived from Chicago Today. I am glad they made it safe. It was solid ice from St. Louis to Springfield. We will have this car for the next six weeks. The project begins!:)

fastblackmerc
01-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Big Gulp and my Joltz.

Jerry

Ahhh.... Joltz... 2x's the cafeine & 2x's the sugar............

maraudernkc
01-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Below is the Dyno on our Roots test car. This car had the following mods:

Cold Air Intake
Cobra Manifolds
Underdrive Pulleys

More to come soon!:D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/superchargemyride/base_dyno.jpg?t=1169308822

94_302
01-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Any updates or pics? :)

Those numbers were without a tune correct?

maraudernkc
01-24-2007, 01:52 PM
That car had a DR tune in it. I will have some photos to post next week.

Any updates or pics? :)

Those numbers were without a tune correct?

Bradley G
01-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Does the owner of the "project car", want to stay anonymous?
That car had a DR tune in it. I will have some photos to post next week.

94_302
01-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Is it just me or do those numbers seem low? Cobra manifolds, underdrives, intake, and a tune only netting 266/279.6 was it on a Mustang dyno? Don't a lot of people hit 260's with just a tune or a tune and intake combo?

Bradley G
01-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Well the cobra manifolds are worth nothing, the pullies and cai are less than ten each and the tune?
Is it just me or do those numbers seem low? Cobra manifolds, underdrives, intake, and a tune only netting 266/279.6 was it on a Mustang dyno? Don't a lot of people hit 260's with just a tune or a tune and intake combo?

KillJoy
01-25-2007, 05:40 AM

I dunno....I had 239 & 251 at the Wheels STOCK. That's a 27 RWHP and 28 RWTQ jump from MY base. It does not sound too bad to me. It's over a 10% increase over stock for those Mods. And it is roughly $1300-ish in parts. Once boosted, I would expect a better gain w/ the Cobra Manifold setup over the stockers.

KillJoy

94_302
01-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Well the cobra manifolds are worth nothing, the pullies and cai are less than ten each and the tune?

Well I'm guessing the cobra manifolds had a catted x-pipe to it. Which is where there would be a decent gain of power. If it is cobra manifolds with no mid-pipe I don't see the point. I just did a little looking and a tune is seems to be more around mid to high 250's tune and a intake 260's so the underdrives and exhaust is only worth six hp? Thats why I have to wonder if its a Mustang dyno (I'm assuming the manifolds have an x-pipe because I can't understand why someone would do that without the x)

sailsmen
01-25-2007, 11:24 AM
W/ UD, DR Tune & Cobra exhaust 276hp on a Dyno Jet. Others w/ the same set up have had higher #s.

Someone did a before and after Dyno on the Cobra and saw 15 hp NA and 27 hp S/C.

94_302
01-25-2007, 06:17 PM
I thought the numbers seemed low, does he have a baseline dyno from when it was bone stock. I know there are some factory freaks good and bad. I just hope there is no adverse effect on the end numbers. Also was he banned before or after the change in ownership, because they said anyone who was previously banned is welcome. So if he wants back he should be able to. Anyways sorry to go off topic, I can't wait to see the blown numbers. :burnout:

HwyCruiser
01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Mine did 275/295 na with just the cobra exhaust and tune, so 265/280 isn't too far off the mark. Pullies won't show anything on the dyno.

What's up with the 14:1 afr though? Probably the CAI. :dunno:

sailsmen
01-25-2007, 09:25 PM
I am curious as to why pullies will not show anything on a dyno.

The pullies reduce the load on the crank which will be reflected on the dyno.

HwyCruiser
01-25-2007, 10:38 PM
I am curious as to why pullies will not show anything on a dyno.

The pullies reduce the load on the crank which will be reflected on the dyno.

I've seen some claims of 5-7 hp increase, but you can see that kind of variation just due to temperature and different dynos. My numbers didn't budge before or after the UDPs. They probably rate right up there with a cold air kit.

RCSignals
01-25-2007, 11:21 PM
brake torqueing or whatever you want to call it just goes against
my better judgment and abuses all parts of the drivetrain...

I don't disagree with that.

Good luck with the project.

I hope a 2008 works out too.

Marauderjack
01-26-2007, 04:33 AM
Hey Greg.....

What fuel pump are you using with this kit??:confused:

Inquiring minds......................;)

Good Luck with the PROJECT!!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

maraudernkc
01-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Jack, the same one you have. We have only had one pump failure and I don't think it was due to the pump. When the customer pulled his pump out, there was no screen on it. It probably sucked up something in the pump. We did send him out a new one at no charge.

Hey Greg.....

What fuel pump are you using with this kit??:confused:

Inquiring minds......................;)

Good Luck with the PROJECT!!!:beer:

94_302
01-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Greg was it a misprint that it's a twin screw?

Marauderjack
01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Jack, the same one you have. We have only had one pump failure and I don't think it was due to the pump. When the customer pulled his pump out, there was no screen on it. It probably sucked up something in the pump. We did send him out a new one at no charge.

Greg,

I am very happy with the whole FIT system as I currently have close to 43K miles on it and there hasn't been a single problem including the FP which I was concerned about!!:beer:

I cannot imagine MORE power than what I have in cold air.....SCARY!!:eek:

maraudernkc
01-26-2007, 05:10 PM
We are not installing a twin screw but we should have a twin screw set up in the next two Months.

Greg was it a misprint that it's a twin screw?

Blackmobile
01-27-2007, 10:33 AM
We are not installing a twin screw but we should have a twin screw set up in the next two Months.

Now THAT is something I look forward to seeing. Please keep us posted.

HwyCruiser
01-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Greg, I'm sure he appreciated the warranty replacement on the pump. Not to make a big deal out of it, but it's good to hear about the follow-up customer service every now and then.

injectedracing
01-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,
I have some crazy ideas that I will be trying out on this car. This project will open the door on these cars possibilities. There will be different stages depending on how far the customer wants to take their stock motor. And for the guys that want to build a motor, there will be a big daddy twin screw. Once I get a few pieces made, I will post some pics. I want this car to perform as well as it looks. Last thing I want to do is throw pieces on the car to make it "work" and look like crap. If it doesnt meet my standards, it is NOT going on the car. This kit will look like it belongs there. The dyno is a tuning tool. I personally dont care about a few HP differences. ALL dynos are different, that is the reason for doing before blower pulls. I could easily change a few parameters in the dyno software to make more HP, but who cares. Its how the car feels on the street, and making sure the customer is happy. All I care about is the air/fuel, to make sure its perfect. And yes, JD, the air/fuel is a little lean for my standards. That is why I tune on the dyno

HwyCruiser
01-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Dave! How are you doing buddy? Good to see you here.

I completely understand putting the car on the rollers and getting an "as-is" baseline. The numbers are what they are.

BTW, thanks for your magic touch on my car. I'm very pleased how well mannered it is around town and how much fun it is to get on the pedal. The tune is awesome!

RCSignals
01-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Dave, your web site appears to have left for somewhere

Gone

The requested resource
/
is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.

Marauderjack
01-27-2007, 03:19 PM
HELLOOOOOOO....Dave and welcome!!:beer:

Glad to see ya posting here and look forward to your progress reports on the "Roots" system you and Greg are building!!:bows:

Like JD said.....Thanks for ALL of you help with my car!!!:D

injectedracing
01-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Hmmmm. will have to check on Monday about this. Thanks for the heads up

Dave, your web site appears to have left for somewhere

94_302
02-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Any pics, #'s, or other info? :)

KillJoy
02-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Hmmmm. will have to check on Monday about this. Thanks for the heads up

:poke:

:D

KillJoy

94_302
02-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Bump for some info :D
Greg has not been on since the 7th I hope everything is ok.

maraudernkc
02-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Dave has decided that he does not have time for this project. Everything would have worked. We had the Cobra Blower (Eaton M112) mounted up and we were going to custom make an intake that would have gone underneath the Battery on the passager side of the car. By using the Cobra/Eaton M112
Blower, this would have led us straight to a twin screw upgrade.

I am sorry for getting your hopes up.

Dennis if you have time for this it would be a home run hit. I promise you!

O's Fan Rich
02-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Dave has decided that he does not have time for this project. Everything would have worked. We had the Cobra Blower (Eaton M112) mounted up and we were going to custom make an intake that would have gone underneath the Battery on the passager side of the car. By using the Cobra/Eaton M112

Dang... time is always at a premium when you're trying to make a living. Priorities can make even a worthwhile project or item fall to the wayside.

KillJoy
02-16-2007, 08:38 AM
This sucks :(

YO DR!!!! :poke:

:D

KillJoy

magindat
02-16-2007, 01:37 PM

So are you saying all that's needed is an intake to be designed?! I'm sure the MAF plug and wiring would need extension/relocation. Is that it?!

If that's all that's left, I'll fly up for a long weekend an FINISH IT!

sailsmen
02-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Who is Dave and what is his involvement?

Zack
02-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Who cares, Hairdryers are faster.

Dave Compson
02-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Sorry, but i just jumped onto this thread at the tail end. Does this mean you are leaving mm.net jerry?

RCSignals
02-16-2007, 11:31 PM
This project has gone exactly as I thought it would. I mean no slight to anyone by that statement.

Whatever happened to Magnusson and all the low cost engineering for a modified Eaton?

If it were as simple as buying from the Ford parts book and slapping the parts together, the result would be what the Trilogy product would have looked like.
Fact is it isn't all that simple or easy, or 'cheap'.

HwyCruiser
02-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Dave is F.I.T.'s Diablo dealer and custom tuner. He also owns a speed shop specializing in the Mustang and Lightning crowd in southwest Missouri. Unfortunately, speed shops in the midwest tend to slow down in the winter. This winter he basically had to lay himself off from running the speed shop full time for a steady paycheck elsewhere until the drag racers come back out to play and business picks back up. Thankfully he will be able to keep his shop and continue to work on his longer term projects and support F.I.T. tuning in the evenings and weekends. Dave simply had to bow out of the F.I.T. roots blower project because of not having the time to dedicate to it. Do we really feel like dancing over someone else's economic reality?

As far as the rest of the noise going on here, I couldn't care less. Have a nice day.