PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer's: Cease and Desist. Change forum URL

b4z
06-09-2003, 04:16 PM
BMW is claiming intellectual property rights and wants
www.bmwm5.com to cease and desist.

Pretty scary.

Fortuntely Ford and GM don't seem to mind.

http://www.bmwm5.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=317866#post317866

SergntMac
06-09-2003, 04:24 PM
ROTFLMAO...Volvo has the Volo Auto Museum in court now and I can't wait to hear the opening argument. It's the name of the town too...

http://www.voloautomuseum.com

RF Overlord
06-09-2003, 04:29 PM
That's just ONE MORE reason to add to my list of why I hate pretentious euro-trash cars...pretty shabby, BMW... :bs: :down:

P.S. - Sorry, beemer, no offense... ;)

b4z
06-09-2003, 04:38 PM
RF Overlord,

I think there is a downright mutiny about to happen with the styling of the new 5 series.
Chris Bangle, is probably watching his back.

UncleLar
06-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Volo Auto "Museum" Ha,how about paying $7or $8 to look at a mostly indoor used car sales lot! IMHO the saying "Let the buyer beware" really applies at this place. I was there a year or two ago and they wanted a couple to pay $200 to take a Red 61 Chevy for a test drive,the car had been sold there shortly before and then appeared back there again for sale. If they didn't buy it after the test drive they lost the $200 is what the couple told me,they refused and left. I attempted to test drive a 69 Grand Prix that was supposedly all ready to go,needed nothing,after the 4th or 5th time it stalled still inside the lot after not even traveling 100 feet it refused to start, I bailed on that car. I know 2 other peolple who've bought cars there that were not as represented. I wonder why the big Auto Auction Companies no longer do auctions there?

beemer
06-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
That's just ONE MORE reason to add to my list of why I hate pretentious euro-trash cars...pretty shabby, BMW... :bs: :down:

P.S. - Sorry, beemer, no offense... ;)

LOL RF, no offense taken. Sad part is that most mainstream BMW drivers are not enthusiasts, and I feel as you do, BMW is not pursuing the right course of action in regards to that board.

IMHO BMW cars today have nothing to link them with their past heritage. Chris Bangle as a designer won't get my car buying dollars. Besides, who needs a new BMW when you can have a Marauder!

Best,

Paul:D

Marauder57
06-09-2003, 06:49 PM
That is really too bad....I mean most of the people here own MM's so figure about 24,000,000 dollars in car ownership at this site....that is a good chunk of change rollling around....and the BMW is more money......if BMW was smart...the would work something out...and maybe collaborate....

Forums are great places for auto makers to "spy" on owners for fixes, opinions and problems....much cheaper than hiring focus groups and much more reliable than mailings.....

Think about it Mercury will get more quality input on the MM at Ennis than at any other time anywhere.....

RCSignals
06-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by UncleLar
[B]Volo Auto "Museum" Ha,how about paying $7or $8 to look at a mostly indoor used car sales lot! [B]

True, that "museum" and a few others like it are nothing more than Vintage car dealers formed as a museum in a Tax avoidance scam.

Although I don't understand the connection between "Volo" and "Volvo"

Bigdogjim
06-09-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Marauder57
[
Forums are great places for auto makers to "spy" on owners for fixes, opinions and problems....much cheaper than hiring focus groups and much more reliable than mailings.....

Think about it Mercury will get more quality input on the MM at Ennis than at any other time anywhere..... [/B]

Yeah but will it reach the right people:help: :mad2:

Marauder57
06-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Yeah but will it reach the right people

That is the $34,465 question (before rebates of course).... :D

SergntMac
06-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by RCSignals
Although I don't understand the connection between "Volo" and "Volvo"

Neither do the residents of Volo...

RF Overlord
06-10-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Neither do the residents of Volo...

ROFL!

Logan
06-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Ford has traditionally been quite tolerant and supportive of automotive enthusiast forums in general, in fact I've received supportive emails from a number of Ford/Mercury Directors/Managers.

RF Overlord
06-10-2003, 04:47 PM
:rock: :up: Logan

merc406
06-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Sounds like No fun for those owners. Maybe they don't want their owners to collaborate on any problems they may have.

RCSignals
06-10-2003, 08:07 PM
It looks like it's the part of Volvo doing it that isn't owned by Ford. Ford just bought the automotive side of Volvo.