PDA

View Full Version : My Arizona Car Show

Mike M
12-31-2006, 01:00 PM
I am putting together a car show at my shop here in Arizona at the end of Febuary. So far I have the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving bringing their big rig down to show off some of their shifter carts, I have a 1937 Cord, a real 1 owner 69 Corvette L88, a real fine 57 T-Bird, and of course my Hot Rods to name a few. I should have a total of about 25+ cars. The AutoZone next to my shop will have free burgers and hotdogs. This will be the first of a monthly show.
ALL Arizona Marauders (you know who you are) are required to be there. You have no say in the matter! “Resistance is futile”

jgc61sr2002
12-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Good luck with the Show.:D

AstroVic
12-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Mike,

That sounds awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures.

My only comment is this: Having a monthly "car show" actually seems to diminish attendance because there's nothing *special* about it anymore. This is just based on my experience attending the "car shows" in the Houston area. Doing it once every three to six months - and going all out on it with free hotdogs, sodas, etc. - makes it much more special and will likely result in larger attendance numbers.

I digress...

So, how's business at the new shop? I bet you're knockin' them dead out there!

AzMarauder
01-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Mike,

Can you be a bit more specific than end of February?

Depending on my work schedule I'd like to make it up that way.

You going to the Barrett-Jackson on Friday the 19th?

Mike M
01-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Business is going pretty good I think. We are doing about 15 cars a day and we have been open 9 weeks. After my 3rd month in business this coming Febuary, business should theoretically double as people will be coming in for their 2nd oil change in addition to my 15 new customers a day. Of course it will then increase again and again until I reach a saturation point. I think I will have an unusual customer retention due to the feedback I am getting from my customers about our service and facilitys.
I am still playing with the idea of a monthly car show but I am not married to it, not quite sure if it should be monthly or longer.
AZMarauder, I am still trying to lock down the date, need some feedback from Bob Bondurant. I am going to Barrett Jackson but I think it will be Sunday since I am off on Sundays. I will let you know the date for the car show ASAP. I hope you can go.

AzMarauder
01-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Mike,

I'd love to come up and see what your shop looks like and of course you and your family. I might bring my Lincoln MKVII vice my Marauder but will have to see where I am at that point.

Keep in touch.. I'm subscribed (obviously) to this thread. Doing a PM will work as well.

(Don't forget Mongo he still has his MM)

Mike M
01-02-2007, 12:38 AM
I thought Mongo sold it.

Bigdogjim
01-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Good luck with the show. Monthly is not a bad idea, gives folks something to look forward too. Wish I was closer:)

Mike Poore
01-02-2007, 06:11 AM
I am putting together a car show at my shop here in Arizona at the end of Febuary. “Resistance is futile”

Mike, how I wish Barb and I could attend. Your picture essay has us drooling and wanting to come to AZ and visit your outstanding facility. Please keep us posted about the goings-on, and don't be surprised to see a couple of fish-belly white Pennsylvanians show up at your door, one of these days.

We wish you all the best in the coming year.

BTW, the NJ governor will not budge, and wants us to take the whole state, in the negotations for your old digs. ;)

AzMarauder
01-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I thought Mongo sold it.

I thought as much... but guess not...

Mongo is supposed to hooking up with us when we do the BJ Auction on Friday. Don't know if he is going to do the Pavilions on Saturday or not.

Black 04
01-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi Mike,
I'm glad to here that everything is running smoothly in AZ. By the way did you sell the shop in NJ yet?