PDA

View Full Version : Noise of Air Pump

MMJACK
06-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Driving to Chicago last fall the Air Pump for rear bags start making a heck of a racket when pumping. Dealership there stated they had replaced three in the Maraders and Mercury told them not to replace any more until they looked into the problem.When I got back to Houston the dealership here replaced the 'Special Order' pump under warranty. Still not real happy! Have any of you experienced a simuliar problem or heard if Ford is working on this?

RCSignals
06-10-2003, 12:01 AM
First I heard of it

RF Overlord
06-10-2003, 05:59 AM
JACK:

The compressor for the air springs is not exactly silent...I hear it clearly every time I get in the car...of course, that could be due to my somewhat generous proportions... :rolleyes:
I haven't heard of there being a particular problem identified by Mercury, though...

martyo
06-10-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
...of course, that could be due to my somewhat generous proportions... :rolleyes:

Todd: Can you please handle responding to this one? I am a little busy today. Thanks.

TAF
06-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
of course, that could be due to my somewhat generous proportions...

In ALL ways except the "right place"...according to the bunny the other night in chat....:lol:

Was that ^ pretty much where you were going, marty?

MAD-3R
06-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Oh TAF...

Now fight nice!! :lol:

RF Overlord
06-10-2003, 06:31 AM
Bastages, all of you...

MM03MOK
06-10-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by TAF
In ALL ways except the "right place"...according to the bunny the other night in chat....:lol:

Now TAF - I've scolded you once for telling stories out of school!!!!!

:eek:

TAF
06-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by MM03MOK
Now TAF - I told I've scolded you once for telling stories out of school!!!!!:eek:

I know....I know...."what happens in chat & PMs....STAYS in chat & PMs" :D

CRUZTAKER
06-10-2003, 12:34 PM
On topic....I can assure you as well, the pump is loud, this also assures you that it is working.

When the wife loads my trunk with grocerys, I like to watch the car level itself out. Don't fear the noise.....35k miles later and no noise...fear the lack of noise. Very pricey to repair.

jgc61sr2002
06-10-2003, 03:17 PM
The air pump sound is audible. The one on my 2000 GM sounds just like the one on my MM. It only runs for a short period of time when you start the Car.

frdwrnch
06-10-2003, 06:58 PM
The pump should be audible but not so loud as to overcome the radio at low volume. The pump is mounted with rubber grommets through the pump mounting bracket. If these grommets "ground out" against the body or bracket then excessive noise results. The pump should vibrate freely in its bracket to reduce this noise.

MassMarauder
06-10-2003, 07:04 PM
It's a bit noisy....but not any noisier than the one in my town car.
RF, The one in my MM runs everytime I get in also....and I'm only 170 lbs :)