PDA

View Full Version : Art Carr Deep Trans Pan Question

mtenderenda
01-02-2007, 07:01 AM
I received the Art Carr Deep Transmission Pan...The pan is in..looks nice.:D
There is a extra bolt hole on the drivers front side....I was wondering what is, what is the thread size???:confused: I would like to take a bolt and plug it up....I would definitely need to have the bolt at the right length...So i'll cut....So anyone knows the size of the hole?????

Dennis Reinhart
01-02-2007, 07:49 AM
I received the Art Carr Deep Transmission Pan...The pan is in..looks nice.:D
There is a extra bolt hole on the drivers front side....I was wondering what is, what is the thread size???:confused: I would like to take a bolt and plug it up....I would definitely need to have the bolt at the right length...So i'll cut....So anyone knows the size of the hole?????

The allen head plug should have been in the kit I believe its 1/4" NPT

magindat
01-02-2007, 07:57 AM
The allen head plug should have been in the kit I believe its 1/4" NPT

It's not for a bolt. It's pipe thread. If it was missing or lost, you can pick one up from any local hardware store or home center for under a buck. They do come with the kit, though.

Zack
01-02-2007, 08:03 AM
I think its 1/8" npt

magindat
01-02-2007, 08:04 AM
I think its 1/8" npt

I think you're right.

mtenderenda
01-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks Dennis....Yeah I know the allen bolt came with it...its still leaking...I don't wanna drop the pan again....So i'll go this route....I get the 1/4 bolt cut it...so bolt the this bolt and then allen keyed one do not interfere with each other.....

magindat
01-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Thanks Dennis....Yeah I know the allen bolt came with it...its still leaking...I don't wanna drop the pan again....So i'll go this route....I get the 1/4 bolt cut it...so bolt the this bolt and then allen keyed one do not interfere with each other.....

If you screwed the plug in before mounting the pan, it may be too deep holding the pan off the gasket, therefore preventing a seal.

mtenderenda
01-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Its coming from the hole itself....Where that allen bolt is....Plus stupid me, I put it in upside down....Still i'll try the bolt over the allen bolt....

Dennis Reinhart
01-02-2007, 08:55 AM

Wrap it in teflon tape it will not leak

mtenderenda
01-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Thats exactly what i will do Dennis....That was on my mind