PDA

View Full Version : On-Line User Test

MarauderTJA
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Just for kicks today, to put some prospective with the various threads on the ever present "site-issues," I did a little study here on MM.NET.

As of:

8:30 Am 31 members on line and 48 guests.
11:30 AM - 39 members - 47 guests
1:30 PM - 42 members - 52 guestsIMO this shows that MM.NET is still "the site" for Marauder enthusiasts regardless of what is being said here and there. If you enjoy MCM, great. If you enjoy MM.NET great. If you enjoy them both great. Have at it.

The question is "I wonder who all these guests are." :confused:

Grifter
01-03-2007, 11:52 AM
guests can simply be people who linked here from another site, such as google for example.. they arent logged in members, but are browsing the forums. Maybe the forum is set up to recognise search bots as guests as well..

MarauderTJA
01-03-2007, 01:05 PM
guests can simply be people who linked here from another site, such as google for example.. they arent logged in members, but are browsing the forums. Maybe the forum is set up to recognise search bots as guests as well..

Either way, it is good to see the activity and interest.

Mike Poore
01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
There are a couple of ways to look at your data, but they mislead.

For example, any member who wishes to visit the site anonymously, for whatever reason, is not going to show up in "who's online".

Also, there are many visitors who are doing marketing research and data mining, as well as, perhaps, Ford/Mercury exec's just checking customer's views. If I'm at a computer station, not my own, I always use visitor mode.

You're ratio seems about right, though; but there have been times when there may be just a handful of members and 2-3 pages, sometimes more, of visitors, especially early in the morning ~ 6AM on the east coast, which could mean we have European visitors ..or Martins. :eek:

MM2004
01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Even better that we are back to doing what we do best,...

Talking about our MM's!

:burnout:

Best,

Mike. ;)

Bigdogjim
01-03-2007, 01:46 PM
And that furry little guy alf.

Mike Poore
01-03-2007, 02:39 PM

I went hunting for him today, but only came home with two Canada's. (we're alowed 5 in this district)

Vortex
01-03-2007, 03:27 PM
There are a couple of ways to look at your data, but they mislead.

For example, any member who wishes to visit the site anonymously, for whatever reason, is not going to show up in "who's online".

Also, there are many visitors who are doing marketing research and data mining, as well as, perhaps, Ford/Mercury exec's just checking customer's views. If I'm at a computer station, not my own, I always use visitor mode.

You're ratio seems about right, though; but there have been times when there may be just a handful of members and 2-3 pages, sometimes more, of visitors, especially early in the morning ~ 6AM on the east coast, which could mean we have European visitors ..or Martins. :eek:

I sure hope youre right about Ford execs "data mining" here. Ill save them the trouble of interpretating my thoughts; most new FoMoCo products suck. Fire that hag running Mercury and put some car guys in charge. Then make something we want, not some POS with squareyround headlights.

MarauderTJA
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Update on #'s:

3 Pm - 48 members, 59 guests

7 PM - 43 members 53 guests

If we are lucky maybe Ford is watch the "car stuff."

JMan
01-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Even better that we are back to doing what we do best,...

Talking about our MM's!

:burnout:

Best,

Mike. ;)

Bravo, Mike! Bravo!!!

J

martyo
01-04-2007, 09:37 AM

I thought that guy owned a paint and body shop? :confused:

Well, that was what I was told anyway. :rolleyes:

MarauderTJA